What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Question for those who know the TEJAS more closely.

One of the major issue with the delta wing aircraft - MIRAGES an example - was the poor turn rate.

A jet as fast as Mirage - with Mach 2.2 achieved 40-years ago - had its problem in its turn rate.

What is the turn rate of Tejas?

19 degree per second which will be improved to over 18 degree in MK1A to match best.

ITR ~ 30°/s
STR ~ 16°/s

Use Bahrain '16 and Lima '19 videos if you want to calculate. No marketed values.

Last edited:
Pardon, but taht's a joke ...
You never fit two F414 into such a slim fuselage

I guess the joke's on you..

5058122923_719fcb4510_b.jpg

.. that's an F-18, yes.

I guess the joke's on you..

.. that's an F-18, yes.

Oh well, a true genius has spoken.

Let me as a teacherman try it again: I said in THIS NARROW fuselage (as shown in that artwork) you'll never fit two F414. As such to install two of these engines you surely need to redesign the whole rear-fuselage, widen it dramatically and as such You also need to enlarge the intakes accordingly.

So, and now it's you, who need to go back ago: Try to compare the width of the cockpit section, which I scaled here to 30 pixels and then simply add a second F414 as mounted in the Hornet you mentioned ... and et voila, look at the red lines, there is no chance to fit two F414 into the shown fuselage.

So much on who's now the joke!

Tejas 1 vs Tejas 2 vs Orca.jpg

@Mangus Ortus Novem :-)

Last edited:
Pardon, but taht's a joke ... at least the artwork - looks more like a fan-made Tejas Mk.2 (now MWF) with a slightly wider fuselage to at least make it look like, but in fact these can never be two F414. So the question is indeed ... how reliable, official is this?

You never fit two F414 into such a slim fuselage, just look at the current Tejas Mk. 2 aka MWF concept:

View attachment 597357

By the way, people see the difference between a successfully modernised aviation industry that has several indigenous projects flying and in operational service and another country, that in regular intervals presents more and more unrealistic paper-projects and is master of chest-bumping.

The so called successful projects ate shitty products with decades old substandard technologies.None of those operational aircraft is considered contemporary. They are aerodynamic disasters with substandard technologies.

No, she's not! :tdown:
Hater! :tdown: .. but yeah I kind of see where you are coming from.. this isn't exactly going to deliver roses in a future Indo China engagement..

THIS NARROW
Are you really so dumb or just pretending? The plane will accommodate 2 engines- their dimensions are known as on date- work back from there..

You laborious effort at proving that the fuselage "appears" narrow? Is that even an argument eyeball expert? Appreciate your effort drawing the red lines- but they don't matter. Scale is everything.

Last edited:
Hater! :tdown: .. but yeah I kind of see where you are coming from.. this isn't exactly going to deliver roses in a future Indo China engagement..

No, I'm not a hater but just an observer of both the Sino and Indian aerospace scene since years. By the way I'm not sure if you truly know, where I'm from.

Are you really so dumb or just pretending? The plane will accommodate 2 engines- their dimensions are known as on date- work back from there..

You laborious effort at proving that the fuselage "appears" narrow? Is that even an argument eyeball expert? Appreciate your effort drawing the red lines- but they don't matter. Scale is everything.

Again - and I'm sorry if it now sounds rude - You are wrong, plain wrong, that it even hurts. Just try it on your own if you don't like my layman's attempt but it will end in a similar conclusion: Take the size of the F414 as in the left and right image and scale it to the size - this might be indeed the biggest margin of error, since I don't know the Orca's dimensions - of something taht is known, and taht's onyl the size of the cockpit.

So, if we assume, both the Tejas Mk. 1 & 2 have the same size and the Orca will also have, then my comparison is correct and it clearly shows, that in that at least in that artwork's scale never ever two F414 will fit.

Or will you now tell me it looks more like this ...? Here I scaled the Orca's exhaust barely to the F404's exhaust, which would result in a Mega-fighter with a length of about 20.5m :woot:.

Or do you want to tell me the Orca's engines will be a variant of the F414 with a smaller diameter?
Or that the Orca's pilots are true giants in comparison to a regular Tejas pilot.:drag:

So much, on who's dumb. :crazy::hitwall:

Tejas 1 vs Tejas 2 vs Orca 2.jpg

where I'm from.
You mean to say sir that your DP has absolutely nothing to do with where you are from or where you are originally from? The downright condescension flowing through your posts is a dead give away.. You have a heavy influence of bias overflowing in the land of the yellow river.. I suggest you check your previous posts & you'll understand- or may be not.

and then there's this..
Deino.png

.. CVN19 pinned to that page. but hey none of us called it digital trash as your posts on ORCA seem to suggest

I don't know the Orca's dimensions - of something taht is known, and taht's onyl the size of the cockpit.

there.. you said it.. it's early days.. your brain farts seem pretty rich at the moment.. the size of the cockpit is only being limited by the timid faculties of the brain you employ.. why do you think a 13.5 ton Mk1, 17.5 ton Mk 2 & a 23-25 ton ORCA will have the same cockpit? You sure you did not fall head first into the hard floor emerging into this world all those years ago? There is little else to explain your tirade.

So, if we assume

When the premise is wrong how can you ever arrive at the right conclusion?

length of about 20.5m

it will be in the 17m length ballpark.. about the same as a F/18 C/D or the mig-29K..

Quoting from Vishnu's article..
The fighter would be in the size of the MiG-29K​

Last edited:
You mean to say sir that your DP has absolutely nothing to do with where you are from or where you are originally from? The downright condescension flowing through your posts is a dead give away.. You have a heavy influence of bias overflowing in the land of the yellow river.. I suggest you check your previous posts & you'll understand- or may be not.

and then there's this..
Deino.png

.. CVN19 pinned to that page. but hey none of us called it digital trash as your posts on ORCA seem to suggest

there.. you said it.. it's early days.. your brain farts seem pretty rich at the moment.. the size of the cockpit is only being limited by the timid faculties of the brain you employ.. why do you think a 13.5 ton Mk1, 17.5 ton Mk 2 & a 23-25 ton ORCA will have the same cockpit? You sure you did not fall head first into the hard floor emerging into this world all those years ago? There is little else to explain your tirade.

When the premise is wrong how can you ever arrive at the right conclusion?

it will be in the 17m length ballpark.. about the same as a F/18 C/D or the mig-29K..

Quoting from Vishnu's article..
The fighter would be in the size of the MiG-29K​

You simply don't get it ... that artwork us trash, a fan-made artist impression, a placeholder and that's it. Just admit it as you say, that type is still in development as such nothing is known but a few cornerstones, but otherwise this artwork is what it is: an artwork and not a realistic representation...

You simply don't get it ... that artwork us trash, a fan-made artist impression, a placeholder and that's it. Just admit it as you say, that type is still in development as such nothing is known but a few cornerstones, but otherwise this artwork is what it is: an artwork and not a realistic representation...
It would be better for you to discuss with them about the cross-sectional area of rear fuselage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom