What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Arrestor Hook 1:4 model

1vwhTME.jpg

Ye kya baba adam ke jamaane ki machinery hein....

So the threads for MK-I is over. There is noting to discuss further. Must rename the threads as HAL Tejas MK-II.

You mean well experienced right? :p
Yes but on deputation, now it will be flown by IAF pilots in squadron service.
The post that i posted is an ad from ADA for test pilots. You can see the requirements and salary structure there.

Tejas has still not got FOC.We wil have to wait one more year if DRDO does not **** uup again

Still waiting for official statements on how far the flight performance was improved, we only hear about the nose, refuelling probe and BVR missiles before FOC, but what happened to AoA and G-Limits that were below requirements?

Will reply here, since that are general LCA issues...

I was talking about the airframe's life, which is based on western standards.

I see, well that's a similar case as with taking western standards as the benchmark for engine developments. In this case it seems to have worked out though and we gained credible know how in that field.

BTW, what the hell problem with folded wings? Delta design and high use of composite?
Even, DRDO even not trying in that.

Folding wings would force them to re-design the wings again and that would delay the MK2 development even more. The whole N-LCA issue has caused LCA as a project more trouble than good anyway.[/QUOTE]

The post that i posted is an ad from ADA for test pilots. You can see the requirements and salary structure there.
Sorry did not see the post link, can't open PDF format on my device. My comment was based on past articles. Looks like that too has changed for good.

Parrikar gets tech taste; IAF gets first Tejas

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar got a taste of the technologies being trumpeted by DRDO, HAL, BEML and BEL during a 13-hour supersonic visit to Bengaluru on Saturday...

...HAL must think out-of-the-box

While patting HAL for giving thrust to the Tejas project in the last couple of years, Parrikar reminded the DPSU to be smart in their thinking process. "I want HAL to think out-of-the-box so as to meet the time-line challenges. HAL must also apply the right management tools," the minister said. Parrikar wanted HAL to give thrust in the areas of research and technology by exploiting the existing knowledge base. "One does not achieve everything over-night. But by modifying our work culture and by adopting better technology and tools we can achieve the results better," he said.

Reluctant IAF finally toes the line

Interestingly, a top brass of Ministry of Defence (MoD), who was present during the event, told OneIndia that there were last-minute hand-holding between IAF and HAL ahead of the handing over ceremony. "The IAF wasn't keen to accept just one Tejas and was insisting that they be given a minimum of four aircraft to justify the Squadron formation. In the interest of HAL and by respecting Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Make in India vision, the IAF finally agreed to accept SP-1," the top official told OneIndia late on Saturday night. HAL quoted the IAF Chief in a release as saying: "We are happy to receive the documents of the first series production of LCA."

Tyagi's dream finally takes wing

For HAL Chairman Dr R K Tyagi, the dream of handing over SP-1 during his tenure was fulfilled on Saturday. Tyagi, who is set to retire on January 31, has been very vociferous in expressing the need to scale up the production numbers of Tejas. Speaking to OneIndia Dr Tyagi termed the event as ‘historic' and ‘a red-letter day' for HAL. "There have been delays, but I am a satisfied man today for having delivered a world-class fighter jet to the IAF. I am delighted that a major portion of Tejas (60 per cent) is made in India and as we move ahead, we will increase the indigenous content," Dr Tyagi said. He said there are around 82 Indian vendors who have been actively participated in the Tejas programme. "Out of the 338 LRUs, more than 200 have been produced in India. We will deliver SP2 in March and another six during the next financial year (2015-16). Subsequently we are capable of scaling up the numbers to eight and more," Dr Tyagi said...

Read more at: Parrikar gets tech taste; IAF gets first Tejas - Oneindia

Still waiting for official statements on how far the flight performance was improved, we only hear about the nose, refuelling probe and BVR missiles before FOC, but what happened to AoA and G-Limits that were below requirements?

I guess all those requirements were fulfilled since the IAF will not accept a half baked air craft

Back
Top Bottom