What's new

HAL confronts Snecma in light helicopter project

This is the Mock Up Model of Light Utility Helicopter....

picture039748448.jpg

picture038746918.jpg

picture037751781.jpg

picture036752858.jpg

picture034750732.jpg

picture035754192.jpg

Last edited:
This is the Mock Up Model of Light Utility Helicopter....

picture039748448.jpg

picture038746918.jpg

picture037751781.jpg

picture036752858.jpg

picture034750732.jpg

picture035754192.jpg

I'm sorry but this looks very much like the Dhruv, what exactly arwe the differnces between the two? also I don't think you answered my question. is this (pic below) the LOH still going to be made and inducted into IAF?
800px-HAL_LOH.jpg

and what urpose does the LUh (above pic, in blue) serve?

I'm sorry but this looks very much like the Dhruv, what exactly arwe the differnces between the two? also I don't think you answered my question. is this (pic below) the LOH still going to be made and inducted into IAF?
800px-HAL_LOH.jpg

and what urpose does the LUh (above pic, in blue) serve?

LOH was the early name for it, now they call it LUH. The pic u posted shows an early model of HALs LOH/LUH, but the pics of Arjun MBT shows the latest mock up version.
HALs LUH will replace one part of the Aérospatiale SA 315B Lama and SA 316B Alouette III fleet of IAF and IA, while the second part will be replaced by a foreign LUH.
The main roles of these helicopters will be light transport, if needed fire support, with some added weapons, but their aim are utility roles.

HOw much of this is "indigenous", when CAG did found that ALH is 90% composed of foreign material??

Is HAL so incompetent as not to be able to design an engine independently for helicopters after managing to do so much? I mean what the heck! :blink:

If Snecma is going out against us by charging sky high prices, can't we simply terminate the damn contract and build an engine out of the existing Shakti engines?

Perhaps obstacles are compulsory in indegenous projects....in our case its jst more than enough but poistively provides an uncomparable exerience too....

but CAG report about ALH will substantially narrowed down the truth behind our selfdependence and other Indegenous projects going on.... and this report is not an exception.

HOw much of this is "indigenous", when CAG did found that ALH is 90% composed of foreign material??

Dear Sir,

I can say with complete confidence and first-hand knowledge that the CAG has been misunderstood. Nobody who had been associated, even in a peripheral manner, with the titanic design work that went on before any material was touched, would have any doubts about that.

It is possible that CAG is referring to value of imported materials used being 90% of the total RMC. Not surprising. We don't make every light-weight metal that was used; things we imported were expensive, things we used from internal production were relatively less costly.

It appears that some cost accountant has run amok.

Regards,

Its a heli thats going to replace aging Chetak and Cheetah. If they can get like 300+ It can be 99% foreign for all I care. :victory:

first try building your own then come ranting over hear about our indeginious composition bull crap!!:angry:

Dear Sir,

I can say with complete confidence and first-hand knowledge that the CAG has been misunderstood. Nobody who had been associated, even in a peripheral manner, with the titanic design work that went on before any material was touched, would have any doubts about that.

It is possible that CAG is referring to value of imported materials used being 90% of the total RMC. Not surprising. We don't make every light-weight metal that was used; things we imported were expensive, things we used from internal production were relatively less costly.

It appears that some cost accountant has run amok.

Regards,

Seems, I touched raw nerves here.:smokin:

When you don't know anything about design, everyone tries to blackmail, snecma in this case.

When you don't know anything about design, everyone tries to blackmail, snecma in this case.

Dear Sir,

I did not understand your reference to raw nerves. This was a factual account based on first hand knowledge.

Regarding not knowing anything about design, it seems that you are implying that HAL not knowing anything about engine design, it is then vulnerable to blackmail, by SNECMA in this instance. Reasonable, taken in isolation, although it ignores SNECMA's desperate attempts to set up a joint venture with HAL, which was granted some decades ago. No technology transfer took place; only some initial, most preliminary stage CAD was attempted, and some of the frustrated engineers left.

On the other hand, you should consider two facts. First, HAL price negotiations are relentless. Nobody prevails against them. Second, it was never their job to do engine design. They built numerous engines from specifications and blueprints, but never designed them; that was not their remit.

It was the GTRE job to design and supply engines. We all know what happened.

Regards,

As ur Avatar suggests tat u still are riding a donkey..i wont be talking much to u bt yaa my sugestion u myth buster first get ur chinese junk railway engines in order along with wagons,then make smthng apart frm just painting it green(the paint also coming in aid).thn talk about ALH and CAG report..if ur metal masturbation is over now keep shut..:frown:

As ur Avatar suggests tat u still are riding a donkey..i wont be talking much to u bt yaa my sugestion u myth buster first get ur chinese junk railway engines in order along with wagons,then make smthng apart frm just painting it green(the paint also coming in aid).thn talk about ALH and CAG report..if ur metal masturbation is over now keep shut..:frown:

You seems angry:what:

Cool down, if still my reply bothers you go to a corner:cry::cry:

Can you give me your understanding of the word "indigenous"??? Please do not give a me a line, an elaborate writing would better help us address your concerns regarding DRDO and HAL with appropriate examples.

Back
Top Bottom