What's new

HAL AMCA India’s fifth generation fighter update

Keep learning and the whole world will go far ahead of you...
And we have only depleted the gap between us and entire world by learning. :P
Didn't watch at other programs. World may or may not be going ahead but we are catching up. :D

We had problem in making super computer.
We had problem in making rockets for ISRO.

You are talking like you are far ahead of world.

The Marut squadrons participated in the 1971 war and none was lost in air-to-air combat, although four were lost to ground fire and two were destroyed on the ground. Three Marut pilots were awarded the Vir Chakra commendation.
One aerial kill recorded by Marut flown by Sqn Ldr KK Bakshi of 220 Squadron shot down a PAF F-86 Sabre on 7 Dec 71 (Flag Officer Hamid Khwaja of 15 Squadron PAF).
Hamid Khwaja of 15 Squadron PAF).
Yes i was wrong One 86 was shot down by Marut
Thanks for correcting.

Old guy without sense, if you are talking about Marut it was a Fighter Bomber and if you are saying F-18 Growler is Ground attack plane than please go die.

BTW , Marut canot fire any Air 2 air missile.

The F-86s of the PAF had the advantage of being armed with AIM-9B/GAR-8 Sidewinder missiles whereas none of its Indian adversaries had this capability

Last edited:
I didn't read any update about HAL AMCA ......................So sharing with all of you............... still good if we able to produce aircarft froM 2022........................It will be replaced Mig 29 Mirage2000 and jaguar................all planes still have 10-15 years life

not likely............... before we don't have base to Make fighter planes but LCA provides that opportunity.

Without LCA experience we would not be able to try & Make AMCA..............

You can't just wakeup and start making fighter planes
Dont want to damp ur happiness but with HAL in charge the fate of AMCA wont be any better than LCA.

It will be only round type...

If I remember someone's post, flat type is with the air frame not along with engine, it's very expensive it seems .
Sombody pls tell me how will be the exhaust design?f22type flat or mki type round one?

Also amca being a medium weight class ac like rafale/f18,its possible to devolope it in to electronic attack aircraft like growler. Obviously we need israeli help for that...

It will be only round type...

If I remember someone's post, flat type is with the air frame not along with engine, it's very expensive it seems .

India and Russia are already working on building multi axis thrust vectoring nozzle. As far as we know, it's probably round at the moment. But we also know how fast IAF changes their requirements.

https://defence.pk/threads/gtre-and...op-multi-axis-thrust-vectoring-nozzle.368262/

One thing for sure if AMCA is going to be 5th gen then it won't be a medium class fighter. Things will get clearer only with the first prototype.
Until then it's all speculations.

One thing for sure if AMCA is going to be 5th gen then it won't be a medium class fighter. Things will get clearer only with the first prototype.
Until then it's all speculations.
If it becomes 36 tonnes MTOW(as per wiki) then it won't remain a MCA, let's wait when our dream becomes reality.

India has a fifth generation fighter program? what happened to the first generation fighter Tejas?

Yeah yeah, I read some article mentioned so called first gen. Tejas kicked JF-17 out of air show in Dubai. Then how you are talking ?? I don't understand. Do you know what's your position now ??? ???

History suggests otherwise
First plane was HF-24 made HAL with the help of German scientist and many others firms.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_HF-24_Marut
PAF shot down 2 of those and it didn't scored any kills.

Keep quite if you dont know what you are talking about. PAF did not shoot down even a single Marut in an Air-to-Air combat, on the other hand it was Marut which recorded 1 kill by bringing down a PAF F-86 Sabre in 71 war. Beat That!!

India has a fifth generation fighter program? what happened to the first generation fighter Tejas?

Oh! Tejas is busy flirting with its robust and aviation capable Ada codes while your 6th Gen JF-17 is left to die with C++. Sad. Nuff Said!!

Back
Top Bottom