What's new

Haier starts its first ever laptop assembly line in Pakistan

Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
13312760_1709318305986069_7656276901269548342_n-790x593.jpg

Haier has started its first ever laptop assembly line in Pakistan. This move has been taken to reduce the cost of Haier’s laptops in Pakistan. Last year, we saw these laptops being distributed to the locals as part of the Prime Minister Laptop Scheme. This year, it is expected that these laptops will be available in the local market as well.
Haier is a Chinese multinational company that deals with the manufacture and distribution of consumer electronics and home appliances. The company has been working on its own line of laptops that are now expected to be made available soon.
This news has come from Haier Pakistan’s CEO, Javed Afridi. He posted the news on his official Facebook page with pictures of the assembly line. “This is Haier’s role to contribute to society and welfare of the state,” said Javed Afridi on the post. Indeed, this is a significant move taken by Haier Pakistan since it could mean more economical laptops being launched in Pakistan.

13307336_1709318299319403_7694739640334557008_n.jpg

13346542_1709318322652734_3551790931143928267_n.jpg

http://www.techjuice.pk/haier-starts-its-first-ever-laptop-assembly-line-in-pakistan/

These guys dont look in a hurry to assemble them :0) Anyways does anyone know the quality of these laptops ????

Never heard of Haier. I guess just saw it few times in Pakistan.

Chinese are coming with full economic boom....

Was given one too... I haven't used it much, the dvd failed but that could be from misuse (gave it to a family member -_-)... battery IS good!

Was given one too... I haven't used it much, the dvd failed but that could be from misuse (gave it to a family member -_-)... battery IS good!
I have never used the DVD, not even once :eek:. Did you get your degree without showing your laptop?

I have to show it? i sold it... am i in trouble?
I’m sure many of our readers have seen the laptops distributed under the Prime Minister Scheme being sold on various websites around the internet. We won’t talk about the ethics of the situation but with the latest developments, we can safely say that anyone who sold their laptop for monetary benefit will soon be regretting their decision.

The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan has taken notice that many students were selling their laptops instead of using them. As a result, the HEC has made it mandatory for all students to show their laptop upon completion of their degree.

Even if the laptop is broken of malfunctioning, showing it will be necessary to get your final degree from your university. If your laptop got stolen, you’ll have to show the FIR lodged against the theft. If you can’t show your laptop or the FIR, you simply won’t be issued a degree and it will be suspended until you do. In short, any profiteering individuals are going to get their just desserts.

Furthermore, if you have sold you laptop, HEC is soon going to find out. They are in the process of tracing anyone who has put up ads for the laptops but the consequences have not yet been made clear. The officials also have serial numbers for all laptops distributed under the scheme and they will be used to track people who have illegally sold them.

According to Dr. Mukhtar, Chairman HEC:

The government of Pakistan, with its limited resources has tried to facilitate the youth through this scheme and if someone tries an act like this, it’s unfortunate and we are going to do everything in our power to stop them.
http://propakistani.pk/2014/12/31/considering-selling-prime-minister-scheme-laptop-think/

I’m sure many of our readers have seen the laptops distributed under the Prime Minister Scheme being sold on various websites around the internet. We won’t talk about the ethics of the situation but with the latest developments, we can safely say that anyone who sold their laptop for monetary benefit will soon be regretting their decision.

The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan has taken notice that many students were selling their laptops instead of using them. As a result, the HEC has made it mandatory for all students to show their laptop upon completion of their degree.

Even if the laptop is broken of malfunctioning, showing it will be necessary to get your final degree from your university. If your laptop got stolen, you’ll have to show the FIR lodged against the theft. If you can’t show your laptop or the FIR, you simply won’t be issued a degree and it will be suspended until you do. In short, any profiteering individuals are going to get their just desserts.

Furthermore, if you have sold you laptop, HEC is soon going to find out. They are in the process of tracing anyone who has put up ads for the laptops but the consequences have not yet been made clear. The officials also have serial numbers for all laptops distributed under the scheme and they will be used to track people who have illegally sold them.

According to Dr. Mukhtar, Chairman HEC:

The government of Pakistan, with its limited resources has tried to facilitate the youth through this scheme and if someone tries an act like this, it’s unfortunate and we are going to do everything in our power to stop them.
Lol kidding mate... i have it and i am developing applications on it to design some apparatus :) that's something i do :)

Lol kidding mate... i have it and i am developing applications on it to design some apparatus :) that's something i do :)
I am not sure if HEC actually verifies or not that is why i asked you. This could be a bluff. In my university many people who are even government employees took the laptops including our esteemed soldiers and HEC still doesn't now.

I am not sure if HEC actually verifies or not that is why i asked you. This could be a bluff. In my university many people who are even government employees took the laptops including our esteemed soldiers and HEC still doesn't now.
Bluff or not i believe it was in the terms and conditions that they would check mine when my degree ends... i have it and i have proof to show that i put it to good use i.e. to the benefit of my studies...

Rest is on them if they want to check or not...

I have one. Very poor quality touch pad and USB ports.
Even my old grade B Toshiba was better and yet cheaper.

No where near in quality to Dell, HP and Toshiba.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom