What's new

Hafiz Gul Bahadur threatens Pakistan govt

Ahmad

Reaction score
MIRAMSHAH: The most powerful militant leader in Pakistan’s North Waziristan border region has threatened to tear up a peace accord and turn his fighters against the Islamabad government.

Hafiz Gul Bahadur has an unofficial non-aggression pact with the military.

Pakistan can’t afford new militant enemies. The army’s hands are full with the Tehrik-e-Taliban (TTP), or Taliban Movement of Pakistan, blamed for many of the suicide bombings across the South Asian country.

Bahadur is known to have links with notorious militant groups in tribal North Waziristan, including the Haqqani network.

Bahadur criticised Pakistani leaders for allowing the United States to conduct drone missile strikes in North Waziristan and said the council of militant groups he heads would no longer hold talks with the government.

“We have been showing patience because of problems being faced by common people but now the government has also resorted to repression on our common people at the behest of foreigners,” Bahadur, who heads a Pakistani Taliban faction, said in a statement distributed in North Waziristan.

He accused the government of firing mortar bombs and cannons on civilians and demolishing a hospital and other buildings in North Waziristan. Army officials were not immediately available for comment.
Local military officials said “terrorists” had used public buildings to launch rocket attacks at military checkpoints.
“We are disbanding the jirga (council) set up for talks with the government. If the government resorts to any repressive act in the future then it will also be very difficult for us to show patience,” said Bahadur.

Bahadur, believed to have thousands of fighters, reached a peace agreement with the Pakistani government in 2007. But it has been strained lately.

Two clerics who are leaders of the committee that overseas the pact, Maulana Gul Ramazan and Hafiz Noorullah Shah, suggested the army had violated the deal.

Hafiz Gul Bahadur threatens Pakistan govt | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

well does it points towards a tacit surgical operation in NWA? mortars are fired, hospital is demolished? army acts on militants presence doesn't it?
remember last time when such accord was broken an army convoy was hit causing 19 deaths including lt col

well does it points towards a tacit surgical operation in NWA? mortars are fired, hospital is demolished? army acts on militants presence doesn't it?
remember last time when such accord was broken an army convoy was hit causing 19 deaths including lt col
well do u have a proof my dear man and also if i assume what u said is true then hey this is also true "Local military officials said “terrorists” had used public buildings to launch rocket attacks at military checkpoints".seems like you have a habit of notso rare phenomena of selective reading .You know this thing comes in handy when u go out to propagate and cause other people to come and join you

well do u have a proof my dear man and also if i assume what u said is true then hey this is also true "Local military officials said “terrorists” had used public buildings to launch rocket attacks at military checkpoints".seems like you have a habit of notso rare phenomena of selective reading .You know this thing comes in handy when u go out to propagate and cause other people to come and join you

i didn't say that army attacked local people or hospital rather i mentioned that army usually acts on presence of militants

what i suggested was is this some kind of surgical operation? well operation in NWA is a hot issue. i also know about taliban propaganda and army propaganda too army also uses hospitals, schools and govt buildings for shelter so as talibans

remember turkistan bhittani the warlord who rise against talibans when was attacked in jandola he happened to have a training camp in school building which was attacked he was surely under army protection if not then why army didn't acted against them?

The Pakistan Army is sure caught between a rock and a hard place. Damned of you do, and damned if you don't! I wouldn't like to be in their shoes at this juncture!

Punjabi army again involved in killing innocent pushtoons for more aid.
Pakistan army is there making sure Innocent pushtoons aren't being killed by Terrorist who pretend to be Humans. Be very Glad i am not in-charge Innocent or not all infested areas by Terrorist and its sympathizers would have been glowing in the dark long ago.

@Pakistani friends..a quick question ...why is it that NW and KP is always different than Lahore/Islamabad and Karachi...why always you guys say that army will talk with local jirga..and local leaders...In a positive note...why not your administration wish to talk with CM or District collector of that area??...Is these 2 areas are somehow autonomous areas??? Even i saw most of the talk shows of pak media ...but i never hear anything about the political group or political aspect frm NW and KP in your talk shows...

Hafiz Gul Bahadur should reign in Khurassan group first instead of lecturing Pak Army. He is such a hypocrite that when khurasan groups harm NWA innocents he disassociate himself by saying we dont own the Khurassan and when Army acts against terrorists, He threaten to blow them up. Height of cheapness

It happened twice. Gul bahadur men Killed 40 Soldiers last year. It was a famous incident in which OUR helicopters reached the spot after one and half hour later to pick up the dead and in 2009 he attacked again killing 50-60 soldiers. I dont know why Army is tolerating him much!

Long live pakistan army and ISI. They should be given a free hand to exterminate these vermin that are causing the average pakistani so much distress.

Your answer is in Post # 27. The Uzbek & Tajik fighters coming from Afghanistan are just as big a problem as the Afghan Pashtuns are. So don't put everything on the Afghan Pashtuns.

they are not nationals of Afghanistan, these tajiks and uzbeks come from Uzbekistan. They are f**ked up guys who fought their own tajiks in Afghansistan.

they are not nationals of Afghanistan, these tajiks and uzbeks come from Uzbekistan. They are f**ked up guys who fought their own tajiks in Afghansistan.

They come from Afghanistan, & that is what matters. These terrorists get their safehavens in Northern Afghanistan, non-Pashtun areas.

@Ahmed have the Tajiks considered seperating from Afghanistan and joining Tajikistan?

Back
Top Bottom