What's new

Gwadar- turn it into a liberal city.

in our culture that is a biggie
i wouldn't let my sister marry anybody other then a pakistani and a muslim.
and she still decides to i would along with my whole family disown her.

So white dude was a non Muslim then? If so then yeah that is a biggie if not then Pakistanis marrying non Pakistani Muslims is actually a growing trend.

u kidding....
will ever gwadar have girls, booze and parties...
not in million year....

A man can dream . Can he not ?

So white dude was a non Muslim then? If so then yeah that is a biggie if not then Pakistanis marrying non Pakistani Muslims is actually a growing trend.

And a good one at that . Shows Assimilation .

so i have was thinking that the government of pakistan should turn gawadar into a liberal city.
what do i mean by this?:

1.have a defined boundary for gawadar
2.have its own laws
- complete freedom of speech
- alcohol is legal
- gambling is legal
-complete freedom of religion
- have its own special police force
- completely independent of balochistan
3. pakistanis from rest of pakistan would have to get special permission to work and live there.
4. the whole citys prices of goods and wages should be completely different from pakistan
- pick any european country ( follow its wages and prices for goods)
- if a bottle of pepsi costs a dollar then in gawadar it should be 100 rupees
- if minimum wage is 8 dollars an hour then in gawadar we should make it 800 rupees an hr
- and so on.
basically gawadar will become the hong kong of of pakistan.

what do you guys think?

Good as a concept. But you too are depending on autocratic Govt decision on economic front. In Europe $8/hr rate is not imposed by Govt at will without any economic consideration. It depends on labour demand and supply. If in Pakistan production cost of 1 can coke with ingradiants and labour is Rs 6 and of it is sold @ Rs 100 then who will take this Rs. 95.

Autocratic decision without abiding by the rule of economics is not a wise proposal.

You want to make Gadar as Dubai/Amsterdam/Shanghai , you have to take the prolonged pain and hard work that took them here. Success is visible 1/12th of the iceberg, the pain and perseverance which caused this success remain invisible just like the invisible 11/12th part of the iceberg.

There is no short cut for success for India and Pakistan. Sex and gambling did not make city/country like Amsterdam successful, the hardwork and honesty of their citizen did. We have to work hard to be successful. Your proposal undermined that. No imposed govt policy can replace hard work. Govt can only create a conductive environment for development but development has to be done by blood and sweat of citizen like us. Oh yes, I forgot. We have to make honesty as an important part of our social fabric as well as in our personal character

Last edited:
Here's some gen on the upcoming city in Gwadar. Click on the image to zoom...

GwadarMasterPlan.jpg

Platinum City and Sea View....

Master_Plan_Gwadar.jpg

Dream City....

locationdreamcitygwadar.gif

Coast Way Residency....

Picture-001.jpg

Now you can now decide where to buy your home!

Cheers!

so i have was thinking that the government of pakistan should turn gawadar into a liberal city.
what do i mean by this?:

2.have its own laws
- alcohol is legal
- gambling is legal
3. pakistanis from rest of pakistan would have to get special permission to work and live there.
4. the whole citys prices of goods and wages should be completely different from pakistan
- if minimum wage is 8 dollars an hour then in gawadar we should make it 800 rupees an hr
- and so on.

what do you guys think?

Your post is perfectly in line with your new Secular Avatar. Keep it up.

Why Gwadar? Why not Karachi? It already is a city of 20 million and can develop much faster. Just think you will improve living standard of 20 million people and prevent terrorist from disturbing economic hub of Pakistan. Save Karachi from militant problem too, you want to save small city like Gwadar but not Karachi?
Apart from Militant voilence.What about the politcal voilence between MQM and other parties. Many people died in the political voilence.Well I have never been to Karachi or Pakistan,just read from Pakistani newspapers like DAWN. Agreed,u have to control militant problem,but also political voilence.I have also read the different problems faced by Karachi, terrible load shedding,crime,murder,kidnapping,target killings,Water mafia.To make Karachi a better city,there should be a good law & order. Do let me know your views

what do i mean by this?:

2.have its own laws
- alcohol is legal
- gambling is legal
- and so on.

what do you guys think?
-
goof idea but implementation ?
will govt have political back up to those radical steps?
will common man in pak will agree ?
will youth will agree for same who will work there?
does gwdr have financial netwrk, bnkng netwrk.. rail road facility ...?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom