What's new

Gulf states agree to IAF overflights en route to Iran

Cheetah786

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Three Arab states in the Persian Gulf would be willing to allow the Israel Air force to enter their airspace in order to reach Iran in case of an attack on its nuclear facilities, the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Siyasa reported on Sunday.
According to the report, a diplomat from one of the gulf states visiting Washington on Saturday said the three states, Qatar, Oman and the United Arab Emirates, have told the United States that they would not object to Israel using their airspace, despite their fear of an Iranian response.
Al-Siyasa further reported that NATO leaders are urging Turkey to open its airspace for an Attack on Iran as well and to also open its airports and borders in case of a ground attack According to a British diplomat who spoke to an Al-Siyasa correspondent, Turkey will not repeat the mistake it made in 2003, when it refused to open its airspace to U.S. Air Force overflights en route to attacking Iraq.
British newspaper The Daily Telegraph reported Saturday that Israel is negotiating with the U.S. over permission for an "air corridor" over Iraq, should an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities become necessary.
Deputy Defense Minister Ephraim Sneh on Saturday denied the reports and said Israel has no such plans.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/830309.html

Israel is negotiating with the U.S. over permission for an "air corridor" over Iraq, should an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities become necessary.

Israel should be negotiating with Iraqi government, NOT USA. I hate what is being done to the Muslim world atm by every one not muslim. :wall: :disagree: :cry: :tdown: :sick:

Nothing is being done to the muslim world, Its just headed by people like the King of Saud, Omani King who listen to everybody else so that they can keep their thrones....

i totally agree with u adux. these guys are disgusting excuses for leaders

Guys the Arab League minster, said it was propaganda and no Israel jets will be provided any bases for an attack to destabilize the region, and that it' was false reporting by Haaretz. We can all stay calm now.

This is a part of propaganda offensive and psychological warfare against Iran. This is to make them feel more insecure and sow seeds of mistrust. If you look at the map, why would Israel need to overfly UAE?????

Seven foreign ministers of the leading Islamic countries have demanded that Iran not be attacked and a tiny newspaper from a diplomatic non-entity of a country is reporting that Pakistan would assist Israel.

My guess was right

Gulf countries: No air space for Israel...

CAIRO, Egypt, Feb. 26 (UPI) — The Arab League said three Arab Gulf countries have denied Israel use of their air space to strike Iran.

Arab League Secretary-General Amr Mousa told reporters in Cairo the foreign ministers of Qatar, Oman and the United Arab Emirates said there is no agreement allowing Israeli jets to use their air space to reach Iran.

His remarks came a day after Israel's Haaretz daily said Israel has received a green light from these three oil-rich states to pass through their air space to launch air strikes against Iran's Bushehr nuclear facility near the Arab Gulf region.

"These reports are either forged or fabricated," Mousa said, adding the foreign ministers of these countries have "officially authorized" him to relay this information. "No Arab country could allow or give license to Israel to attack Iran," the head of the 22-member Arab League said.

While Arab governments privately fear that Iran's nuclear program threatens the Gulf security, they are unlikely to support Israel in such an endeavor against a Muslim country in an already turbulent region.

While Israel has no peace treaties with any of the six Arab Gulf states, it has limited commercial ties with Qatar and Oman.

http://www.upi.com/InternationalInte...-113547-4668r/

That's what iam wondering, what does oman has to do with isreal, oman is all the way down compare to iran

The shia state needs to be taught a lesson. But im not comfortable with Israel and US doing it.

They should have remembered not to make merry at the death of your enemy. Iran welcoming Saddams execution by Americans need to be rewarded. Only this time sunni's will be spectators

Guys the Arab League minster, said it was propaganda and no Israel jets will be provided any bases for an attack to destabilize the region, and that it' was false reporting by Haaretz. We can all stay calm now.

And what might they do if Israel flies over their airspace without permission?

Years of family rule and autocracy has left Arab world with no choice but to reel under humiliation one after another.

Years of family rule and autocracy has left Arab world with no choice but to reel under humiliation one after another.

That I know, my dads has a friend who was stationed in a Radar station in KSA northern region, when the Iraq Nuclear Factory strike happened, he said that he radioed in to KSA AF higher command and they didn't take any action, which surprised alot of Pakistani stationed radar controllers.

But,. anyways of course they will fly over them Arab countries, I don't doubt that. My above story has a point either they are afraid to even engage Israel or biggest sell outs.

That I know, my dads has a friend who was stationed in a Radar station in KSA northern region, when the Iraq Nuclear Factory strike happened, he said that he radioed in to KSA AF higher command and they didn't take any action, which surprised alot of Pakistani stationed radar controllers.

But,. anyways of course they will fly over them Arab countries, I don't doubt that. My above story has a point either they are afraid to even engage Israel or biggest sell outs.

It's called Real politik gentlemen. They saw Iraq as being a threat to them so they did nothing when Israel bombed Iraq.

They have sold Muslims nations long long time ago.truth is just starting to come out now.after the iraq war.it seems to me Iraq was a threat to them iran is a threat to them except Israel.they dont consider israel or usa a threat to them as both of these nations have shown no hostilities towards muslims.:rofl:
Nation of 5 million telling over 200million a-rabs with oil and money what to do.hmmmmmmm i would call that real sell out.:bunny:

What will India do if F-15I starts flying over their airspace?

It's called Real politik gentlemen. They saw Iraq as being a threat to them so they did nothing when Israel bombed Iraq.

Yup,. but this is the funny thing,. at the same time they were supporting Iraq against Iran. Honestly, these Arabs just messed themselves up and now their paying the price, they don't know diplomacy. Now they are pursuing Nuclear tech, like that wouldn't be a threat, if Iran is claiming nuclear threat and KSA and Co., who are we to believe? I will never understand Arab diplomacy, guess their own people go retarded thinking about it, trying to fit in where they don't belong.

Back
Top Bottom