What's new

Gulberg Greens Islamabad, green and well planned with extravagant farm houses

N.Siddiqui

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Gulberg Greens Islamabad - Aerial View - 4K Ultra HD - Karachi Street View​

The 'conspicuous consumption' in Bungalows and cars is one big reason for corruption and the elite capture not ending.

Have it pros and cons though.

The Telenor head office designed by Arcop with rammed earth in many areas looks impressive with courtyards and water bodies.

Last edited:

Gulberg Greens Islamabad - Aerial View - 4K Ultra HD - Karachi Street View​

The 'conspicuous consumption' in Bungalows and cars is one big reason for corruption and the elite capture not ending.

Have it pros and cons though.

The Telenor head office designed by Arcop with rammed earth in many areas looks impressive with courtyards and water bodies.
Must say the pace of construction has certainly picked up in last few months. Surprised the footage never covered the ASL club, amazing venue for all kind of functions. Apart from other developments, two five star hotels are also in pipeline. The famous ChaiWala has opened a shop there but I have missed the chance to visit an aptly restaurant called The Second Wife.
These are some of the images I took while I was there late last year.

IMG_20220917_180727.jpg
IMG_20220917_180250.jpg
IMG_20220917_180102.jpg
IMG_20220917_180341.jpg
IMG_20220917_180756.jpg

IMG-20220929-WA0020.jpg

Massive farmhouses and villas is not sustainable in the long run, going to need more vertical expansion and apartments for our population growth.

What about the waste disposal and public transportation?

This isn't too be celebrated at all. Money from these projects ends up with dollars leaving for Dubai and rich kids buying lambos.

Thisll lead us nowhere, if they owned factories, brought us forex reserves
Id be more than happy for em, but this is just rent-seeking

Must say the pace of construction has certainly picked up in last few months. Surprised the footage never covered the ASL club, amazing venue for all kind of functions. Apart from other developments, two five star hotels are also in pipeline. The famous ChaiWala has opened a shop there but I have missed the chance to visit an aptly restaurant called The Second Wife.
These are some of the images I took while I was there late last year.

View attachment 916552View attachment 916553View attachment 916554View attachment 916555View attachment 916556
View attachment 916558
These are called soft construction. Open hollow spaces for business below 5 to 6 story residential apartments. Next earthquake bottom will collapse due to weight and build will collapse like a pancake and there will be massive lose of life.

Same thing caused 36,000 plus casualties in Turkey.

Thisll lead us nowhere, if they owned factories, brought us forex reserves
Id be more than happy for em, but this is just rent-seeking
We have to encourage people to expand their business portfolio rather than everyone jumping into real estate

Also most of these guys don't take into account sustainable planning and preserving the green environment. Mass villas and cutting down of forests too much is not sustainable.

I believe we will see some innovation soon, as there is slowly starting to be a shift in culture as people are becoming more aware of the above.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom