What's new

Gujrat, Pakistan

Even I didn't know that many people from Gujrat were on PDF. I am from Jalalpur and whenever I am there Railway Road Gol Guppas, That milk from Dhakki gate and Talha ka nashta are the must haves. I remember Municiple school too on Jail road since I studied there.
My Dad is from Jalalpur , Ronti Mollah, we still have our family home there & we got a lot of relatives @ Sadu Mollah ...this world so small man... i really miss Jalalpur.... i use to visit during school holidays & use to wake up early morning to go with my Dada Abu(late) for morning walks..... i miss those days so badly.....

Hello friend

Me friend.. me Municipal School, me Class 6, me Farida Sheikh Block. Me UK come, me last school in Pakistan
Farida Sheikh Bro use to run What they call it in Punjabi ... Kanda... weighting machine etc...Backside a Hospital & Library .i forgot the name of that area... now its all big flashy Plaza's. :woot:

My Dad is from Jalalpur , Ronti Mollah, we still have our family home there & we got a lot of relatives @ Sadu Mollah ...this world so small man... i really miss Jalalpur.... i use to visit during school holidays & use to wake up early morning to go with my Dada Abu(late) for morning walks..... i miss those days so badly.....

I was born in Ronti Mohalla too. Lived there for first 15 years of my life. I haven't visited the place in 2-3 years but still cherish the memories.

Farida Sheikh Bro use to run What they call it in Punjabi ... Kanda... weighting machine etc...Backside a Hospital & Library .i forgot the name of that area... now its all big flashy Plaza's. :woot:
I do not know about that but she was probabaly the most famous Principle ever in the city alongside Shaukat School. That is true for 1990s for sure.

The road was named after her, the School was named after her, In the Graveyard of Sheikh Community, She was alloted very significant space although it means nothing. Everybody knew her in the city and the whole city cried upon her death.

If you really want to see an attraction in Gujrat you need to visit that Graveyard. Its so peaceful, clean and well maintained. Looks more like a park. I am not saying because my Father or relatives are buried there but it was so well maintained that many people go there for walking-exercise even late in the night.

My bad. There were actually 2 famous 'Khatai' makers. 1 was called 'Sufi Halwai' at bus stop and the other was in bazar called 'Ghulam Nabi Halwai'. Are you from JPJ?

Not exactly JPJ but close by.
Mian jee ka to waqayi nobody mentioned. Thats probabaly the most famous place in Gujrat (Lala Musa).

Well you guys are lucky to drink pure milk from villages but poor us only have to rely on such shops and no doubt they are damn good in it

True

But I didn't find it assuming to go around on my last trip as my father had passed away. During the days of happiness Bhiyya Pizza / Restaurant was only famous restaurant within inner city. The adjacent restaurant (Mirza Pizza) is also quite popular and the original shop / restaurant was sold by my Chacha jee.

I did go to some restaurants on GT Road besides the old and ever popular Faisal restaurant but I don't remember their name as it was mostly mere formality

Oh yeah Silver Spoon aur 1 aur aage restaurant tha on right side wahan bhi jana parta tha kisi waja se

The ones you mentioned are pretty well known. Sky ways had a couple of good chefs, one of them has moved over to England & is working for my friends catering business.

and they gave you power to moderate!!
was Gujrat a graveyards before Q league, was it turned into a developed city during the Q-League time and then nothing happened in 5 years of PPP but as soon as N-league came they sent their goons to dig all the infrastructure projects? Dont insult our intelligence please.

and those "I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who made the air plane you travel on tell me the door is defected on that plane" well those stories are dime a dozen on any Paan shop in Pakistan.

District Gujrat certainly wasn't a graveyard before Q league came to power. Between Pindi & Lahore we had a college for both Men & Women pre independence. Despite a really hard political culture where every candidate MNA & MPA has either been killed or had a serious life attempt made on them we have had some real gentlemen with a certain degree of character. Candidates have generally been well educated. Take for example the MNA for 104 asking for electricity for 200 villages & getting it for all of them while 6 other MNA's from different constituencies asking for electricity for 20 villages & getting for only 10 from BB.
PPP in its first 2 terms did quite a lot. Roads, electricity for nearly all the districts, Family planning clinics & Agriculture advisory centres. The last 2 projects were a waste of money & resources & probably were a decade or 2 too quick.
Q league however did improve the situation quite a lot, roads, schools, colleges, health clinics & hospitals & a lot of local government as well. All that how ever came at the price of a lot of Badmashi & Murder culture. ( this is coming from a guy whose Family contested elections against Q leagues family members & had biradri members killed & faced murder charges )

I hate to say this but N league has been a complete let down for Gujrat. ( this is again coming from someone who has family loyalty going back a 150 years with PMLN's elected members )

Last edited:
The guy doesn't show any popular places but still excellent video about my city. Quite a unique way to explore this city

I am from Gujrat to. Live close by Shah Dola Darbar....

I am from Gujrat to. Live close by Shah Dola Darbar....

Shahdulha sahab ke bahar wo karyane ki dukaan hai na.... Edited
Gujrat is my home city. I live near kotla.
bethe bethe we found 20 or so people from Gujrat

How nice...

So you live near Kashmir (Bhimber)... that's nice. I know quite a few people on PDF who are from Bhimber

Last edited:
We are from near Kotla.

houses
172385_153823528007099_3778692_o.jpg

4ZYHsiv.jpg

21D1FOA.jpg

cW2RWB2.jpg

S0RvGcn.jpg

5d5m0sD.jpg

h8qoLjh.jpg

Kuch nahi G Maafi :D .... and because of you guys I was so tempted to eat Gol Gappas that I ended up preparing them at home.... they were delicious, so thanks :partay:
View attachment 349723
@war&peace @Moonlight @Doordie
Please describe this pic. I recognize the Gol gappas and the channa, what is the whte stuff and other liquid?

We usually have Tamarind chutney and some sort of masala water with it.

Please describe this pic. I recognize the Gol gappas and the channa, what is the whte stuff and other liquid?

We usually have Tamarind chutney and some sort of masala water with it.

fell to the oldest trick in the book :-)
In the channa, I had big chunks of boiled potatoes, was too lazy to chopped them down to a smaller size. The white stuff is yogurt with a bit of water, salt, and vinegar. The liquid is the traditional masala water to fill the gol gappay with, made with chaat masala, salt & crushed red peppers and lemon juice << tastes just like the one they have in Lahore. The packet of Gol gappay or Pani puri, we can easily buy from any Indian or Pakistani grocery store in NY.... this paticular way of preparing them, I got from a Gol Gappay vendor in Rawalpindi. He used to prepare them in the same manner as I have.. :-) Makes the mouth watery, doesn't it? :sarcastic:

the best district in all of pakistan hands down, with the best hospitality...
everybody in pakistan is jelly of gujrat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom