What's new

Gujrat, Pakistan

Reminds me, a friend of mine was mentioning that milk shops in Pakistan have this milk based drink, with cream and all. Any more info on that would be appreciated.
They Boil milk and put Barfii in it its really Awesome , and thats the Glass they Give

FYI thats Not me i just google this photo to show the glass size

14650110_1072574082859005_7317030453839352540_n.jpg

You probabaly spelled it correctly in Punjabi.

We call it Dhaki in Urdu but should rather type it as Takki. Yeah Dhakki ka doodh is world famous in Gujrat. Recently we had guests who came from Sahiwal and I took them to Dhaki. Both guys loved it and asked for more n more. He believed he had never tasted such a delicious milk in his entire life
Yup i Stay in Kharian Cantt when i m in Pakistan , And I got to gujrat almost every night just for this place

Whenever I go to Pakistan. Most of the time I have to change my return date, hence need to go to PIA office near Kharian Cannt.

Gujrat se Kharian ke raste main nona halwayi ki mathayi bhi bari mazaydar hai. I used to laugh on his name but certainly he is got some skills and famous for a good reason
There is a Place Close at Gujrawala that has the best barfi , And Sweets are good in Kharian better than close by area
Specially From Hafiz sweets

Edit

Last edited:
Are you talking about Suleman Sweets just in case?

Someone from Gujrat pirated Suleman Sweets by hiring their Halwayi, designs, logo and everything and its indeed very tasty just like the original branch on Sialkot road
Hafiz sweets is in Gujranwala, right? I've had sweets from there. Nice stuff.
There is old Shop In Kharian Been there for over 2 decades
Hafiz sweets That Place has the Best Sweet i Dont know which place you guys are talking about
as For The Gujrawala Place , its not in gujrawala but close to Main Road which so i dont remember its name always ask my friends to bring Barfi From that place :d

@Aether @Darth Vader Reminds me of an incident. Back in my school days, one day a friend of mine asked me "would you like some Pakistani toffee."

Forget sweet tooth, I have a whole bunch of sweet teeth, I said yes. Next thing I know I'm having "Sohan Halwa" Still remember that lovely one I had.

theirs a gujraat in pakistan? i thought there was only a guraat in india?

go figure

theirs a gujraat in pakistan? i thought there was only a guraat in india?

go figure
There are so many names commonly used in the subcontinent. For example

There is Mirpur in Pakistan (Azad Kashmir)
There is Mirpur in Bangladesh
There is Mirpur Khas in Pakistan

There is Jalalpur in India
There is Jalalpur Jattan in Pakistan
Jalalpur Sharif in Pakistan
Jalalpur Pirwala in Pakistan

-----

Just like there is Boston in UK and USA
London in UK and Canada
Brighton in UK and USA

Lahore in Pakistan and USA

There are so many names commonly used in the subcontinent. For example

There is Mirpur in Pakistan (Azad Kashmir)
There is Mirpur in Bangladesh
There is Mirpur Khas in Pakistan

There is Jalalpur in India
There is Jalalpur Jattan in Pakistan
Jalalpur Sharif in Pakistan
Jalalpur Pirwala in Pakistan

-----

Just like there is Boston in UK and USA
London in UK and Canada
Brighton in UK and USA

Back
Top Bottom