What's new

Grieving parents warn against liver transplants in India following son’s death

My deepest condolences to the bereaved family.

If negligence is found on the part of doctors then it must be brought to light and guilty must be punished.

Otherwise if the patient has been brought at a late stage then perhaps it was the God's will.

Yeah this happened to my friend. His father had severe food poisoning and the doctor in AIIMS told him it was a heart attack.
bas karo yaar,,,doctor of AIIMS doesnt mean he is all knowing jaadugar
probably similar symptoms made him say that(vommitting,chest heaviness),,,but surely ur fnds father wasnt treated for heart attack,,,doctors r humans too,mistakes happen.
on topic-obviosly parents wud be devastated,,,they shud file a case of negligence if they feel they have been wronged

Last edited:
That's why I tread cautiously with treatments meted out by doctors. They always do the trial and error thing with patients. If your symptoms improve then consider yourself lucky. I think the victim's family should pursue a legal case against doctors. These kind of doctors really know how to churn out money out of you. Medical treatments are a big business nowadays.

My sympathies with family of the boy. Medicare indeed is commercialized in India, it is going by the US pattern. But we should stop tarring all the cases with same brush. Lets stop looking at it from ind-pak angle.

They always do the trial and error thing with patients. If your symptoms improve then consider yourself lucky. I think the victim's family should pursue a legal case against doctors. These kind of doctors really know how to churn out money out of you. Medical treatments are a big business nowadays.
Right we always need to get a second opinion from different doctors before we proceed. As Medicare turning to business , it is one of fruits of liberalization and blind following of western business methods. The rot starts deep when students pay humungous donation to join medical colleges which are controlled by politicians.

That's why I tread cautiously with treatments meted out by doctors. They always do the trial and error thing with patients. If your symptoms improve then consider yourself lucky. I think the victim's family should pursue a legal case against doctors. These kind of doctors really know how to churn out money out of you. Medical treatments are a big business nowadays.
gela maal dukanio amatkoi besi toka ghoti ase,,,parile ebar gom loba dormoha bur kene hoi,,aru working conditions kene hoi,,,keijonman beya buli gutei bilak je beya hobo teneke bhabatu bhul hobo

bas karo yaar,,,doctor of AIIMS doesnt mean he is all knowing jaadugar
probably similar symptoms made him say that(vommitting,chest heaviness),,,but surely ur fnds father wasnt treated for heart attack,,,doctors r humans too,mistakes happen.
on topic-obviosly parents wud be devastated,,,they shud file a case of negligence if they feel they have been wronged

They told him that he had a heart attack during the night. There was nobody from his family there at the time, obviously. It was clearly bullshit.

And don't be silly, filing a case for negligence in India? Do you think they have 3 years to fight it out in court?

gela maal dukanio amatkoi besi toka ghoti ase,,,parile ebar gom loba dormoha bur kene hoi,,aru working conditions kene hoi,,,keijonman beya buli gutei bilak je beya hobo teneke bhabatu bhul hobo

Moi nije bhul treatmentor rugi hoi, not once, but thrice, taaku naami doctor de gutei gita. :cry:

They told him that he had a heart attack during the night. There was nobody from his family there at the time, obviously. It was clearly bullshit.

And don't be silly, filing a case for negligence in India? Do you think they have 3 years to fight it out in court?
bro,,,as I said he might have said tht coz of similar symptoms,,,old patients have high threshold of pain n regularly find it difficult to differentiate between epigastric discomfort/chest heaviness n pain during cardiac events,,n if he is a known hypertensive thn it is possible tht doc night have suspected it to be a cardiac event,,,anyway before confirming diagnosis n starting treatment,,test r done(troponin)
so I find it hard to believe.
also filling a case works,,,just say tht u will file a case of criminal negligence to a doctor n see

Moi nije bhul treatmentor rugi hoi, not once, but thrice, taaku naami doctor de gutei gita. :cry:
tenehole nu aru ki kom,,,koise jetiya xosai hobo.kisuman beya ase,,even mur deutar logot hoise.
pise moi kua kotha khinio misa nohoi :)

one such expensive hospitals i can recal, Apolo is so expensive even if someone likes to go to India for treatment there

It is Apollo- yes It can be expensive- There are many good hospitals that are cheap too- But you need to know them- generally in private sector south India has very good hospitals and they can be cheap too- I have seen many Nepalis go to Vellore in Tamil Nadu- also you need to know where to stay- usually those places where many people go for treatment have very cheap accommodation and food(you can cook for self too) for family people but newcomers waste their money on hotels who usually loot here in India-

I don't know- If a Pakistani can get free treatment in our Govt- Hospitals, the top chain of Government owned hospitals are very good like AIIMS, RML, etc-

I think the victim here should approach Foreign Office and complain Shushma about It- I am sure they'll take care of these doctors- since the boy is Pakistani-

The family had not done enough research. I have a feeling they were constrained in their health care choices due to finances. Surgery costs don't cover all other assorted costs, especially the post op phase.

Medanta isn't a charity. Especially to foreigners. So if the boy wasn't given an isolated room or proper care, the finances may have played a big part.

But in case the patient died due to negligence, then the parents can always launch an investigation into it.

I don't get it, they have extremely high merit for admission to medical colleges in Pakistan but where do these talented people go then?

Bulk of them go to Gulf countries followe by US UK Canada Australia Newzeland. I did my bachelors from UK and came back to Pakistan thinking i would be able to do some good but after the legendary comments of CEO of one of the leading industrial groups in Pakistan i finally applied for jobs in Australia and left. CEO told me i need technicians not engineers. According to him Engineers are high maintenance and i would rather have some technicians in my plants who are trained and ready to work on pennies.

Should complain to Indian foreign office. As the case involves a Pakistani, I am sure Indian government will take serious cognizance. Even Pakistan foreign office should take up the matter with Indian government.

Should complain to Indian foreign office. As the case involves a Pakistani, I am sure Indian government will take serious cognizance. Even Pakistan foreign office should take up the matter with Indian government.
Yes but also please note that liver transplant is risky business and even done successfully there is high rate rejection. Whatever it is it is a loss to the parents.
Also many come to India on medical tourism because of the high standard maintained and low cost in the procedures comparatively.

liver transplant are always risky. My aunt had one .. it cost a lot and conditions was improving but suddenly it deteriorated very fast and she died. It is very difficult to prove that doctor made mistake during treatment. also Medanta is a very big and reputed hospital.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom