What's new

Greece vs Turkiye Conflict: What Would Happen?

Off-topic.. Who is the mod on defense-hub? is it you or @MMM-E... Whats up with the India worship going on over there. I was perma-banned for the most petty stuff ever.. Just posting a video about an actual Indian political figure
Not sure what you're talking about, but it's not me.

What is funny is that you brag about "our place" and you post a video of a mock dogfight,one of so many that have been taking place in the Aegean for the last 30 years. When I showed you statistics of the dogfights in the Aegean and shoot downs in the Aegean and during the wars in Cyprus,you went on to brag about old times.

Greeks can shot down only unarmed Turkish F-16 ... nothing else

in 2020 , Turkish F-16s intercepted 6 Greek F-16s over the Eastern Mediterranean which tried to harass Turkish Ships

therefore France has decided to give Rafales to Greece

the Greek Navy had the Turkish vessels locked on and ready to destroy them.
Something about a missile range advantage back then,that was eventually neutralized a few months or years later because the Turks upgraded their ships or missiles.

over 150 Turkish F-16s blocked Aegean in 1996
still Daydreamer is talking about attacking Turkish Frigate

Until you produce those 10,000 missiles and lightsabers,space stations,the death star and everything you can only keep dreaming.

what a stupid post

he is compare Greece who produce nothing with Turkiye who produce its own Ballistic and Cruise Missiles , Anti-ship Missiles , long range guided Bombs , air defense missiles , anti-radiation Drones ,etc

Last edited:
n 2020 , Turkish F-16s intercepted 6 Greek F-16s over the Eastern Mediterranean which tried to harass Turkish Ships
You really are brain-washed. You intercepted 6 Greek F-16s and so? Do you know how many Turkish F-16s we have intercepted in the Aegean the last 25 years?
The HAF did not try to harass Turkish ships. Our forces only scout and check the routes. On the contrary,you have a bad habit of harassing our aircraft and vessels.

over 150 Turkish F-16s blocked Aegean in 1996
still Daydreamer is talking about attacking Turkish Frigate
I think you are the day-dreamer here. Why don't you check how many THK jet fighters you've lost in the Aegean and Cyprus? I showed you the stats. You ignored them. Don't be give me your bullshit. You're selectively ignorant because of your extreme nationalist. You just refuse to see things objectively.

You really are brain-washed. You intercepted 6 Greek F-16s and so? Do you know how many Turkish F-16s we have intercepted in the Aegean the last 25 years?

another pathetic post

always Greeks are crying that Turkish F-16s violate Greek airspace for 1.000+ times in a year

but after 1996 , that was the first real conflict between Turkiye and Greece
almost the war has begun in 2020

Greek Frigate tried to block Turkish Frigate
and 6 Greek F-16s over the Eastern Mediterranean tried to harass Turkish Ships

and Greece lost

The HAF did not try to harass Turkish ships. Our forces only scout and check the routes. On the contrary,you have a bad habit of harassing our aircraft and vessels.

even Greek Frigate harassed Turkish Frigate
1629059832288.png

French Frigate also helped Greek Navy

but Turkish Navy and Airforce kicked Greek Navy-Airforce out of Turkish EEZ

I think you are the day-dreamer here. Why don't you check how many THK jet fighters you've lost in the Aegean and Cyprus? I showed you the stats. You ignored them. Don't be give me your bullshit. You're selectively ignorant because of your extreme nationalist. You just refuse to see things objectively.

We lost only 1 unarmed F-16 in the Aegean ( only 1 Turkish Pilot died )

better check how many Greece jet fighter - helicopter have lost in the Aegean ( 3 Greek pilots died also 3 Greek helicopter personel died )

Greece lost in 1974 and 1996
still you are compare tiny weak Greece with regional power Turkiye

now you can hidding behind France and bark
but We dont care about Greece-France combined

btw learn about military you ignorant false flagger

Greek Air Force counts 125 deaths in 81 incidents since 1990
Greeks dont know how to flight or Greek Government hides the truth that losing Fighter Jets during dog fight against Turkish F-16s

Last edited:
You truly are ignorant.
Screenshot_2021-08-04 List of aircraft shootdowns - Wikipedia.png
Screenshot_2021-08-04 List of aircraft shootdowns - Wikipedia(1).png

And since you wanna do this and won't stop acting like a 15 year-old hyper teenager:

Last edited:

ignorant false flager is still dreaming

I am saying again Greek Air Force counts 125 deaths in 81 incidents since 1990
Greeks dont know how to flight or Greek Government hides the truth that losing Fighter Jets during dog fight against Turkish F-16s

keep crying about Turkish Republic of Nothern Cyprus

Turkiye lost only 1 pilot ( Nail Erdogan who used unarmed F-16 )

Greece lost 6 ( Nikos Sialmas , Kostas Eliakis , Giorgos Baltadoros , Christodoulos Karathanasis, Panagiotis Vlahakos and Ektoras Gialopsos )

tiny Greece and daydreamer Greeks

And since you wanna do this and won't stop acting like a 15 year-old hyper teenager:

not me
but you are acting like a 15 year-old hyper teenager and showing video from an American idiot who is nothing

its offical youtube channel

and

Greek Air Force counts 125 deaths in 81 incidents since 1990
Greek Government hides the truth that losing Fighter Jets during dog fight against Turkish F-16s

Last edited:
I am saying again Greek Air Force counts 125 deaths in 81 incidents since 1990
1.More than half the people,that is 63 people,died in one accident.
2. We didn't lose 12 F-16s nor 13 Mirages,that's false information.

keep crying about Turkish Republic of Nothern Cyprus

• 8 August 1964 – On the 8th of August 1964, Turkey's military intervention during the Battle of Tylliria. He led a four-fighter flight of the 112th Air Squadron leaving Eskişehir Air Base around 17:00 local time for Cyprus. Topel's F-100 Super Sabre was hit by 40mm anti-aircraft fire from a Greek Cypriot gun emplacement and shot-down as he was strafing the Arion, a Greek Cypriot patrol boat. He was able to eject from his aircraft and made a safe parachute jump over land.[40]
  • Roundel of Turkey.svg(2) 20 July 1974 – During the first day of the conflict, F-100D 55-3756 of 171.Filo and F-100C 54-2042 of 132.Filo were shot down by Greek Cypriot anti-aircraft fire.[41]
  • Roundel of Turkey.svg(3) 20 July 1974 – During the first day of the Turkish air campaign, three transport planes - C-47 No.6035, a C-130 of 222.Filo and a C-160 of 221.Filo were damaged by Greek Cypriot anti-aircraft fire. All three salvaged, but played no further part in the conflict.[41]
  • Roundel of Turkey.svg 20 July 1974 - During the first day of the conflict, RF-84F 52-7327 of 184.Filo was shot down by Greek Cypriot anti-aircraft fire.[41]
  • Roundel of Turkey.svg 20 July 1974 - During the first day of the conflict, a Dornier Do-28D of the Turkish Air Force was shot down north-west of Nicosia.
  • Roundel of Turkey.svg(3) 21 July 1974 – F-100D 55-2825 of 111.Filo, F-100C 54-2083 of 112.Filo and F-104G 64-17783 of 191.Filo were shot down by Turkish Navy destroyers.[41]
  • Roundel of Turkey.svg(2) 22 July 1974 – Turkish F-100D Super Sabres 54-2238 of 172.Filo and 54-22?? of 171.Filo were lost in action on 22 July over Cyprus due to enemy fire.[41]
  • Roundel of Turkey.svg 22 July 1974 – A Turkish F-100C of 171.Filo was lost in a landing accident after returning from a
  • combat sortie over Cyprus. Serial unknown.
Turkiye lost only 1 pilot ( Nail Erdogan who used unarmed F-16 )

• Roundel of Turkey.svg(2) On 22 July 1974, during the Turkish invasion of Cyprus, a pair of Greek F-5Αs intercepted a pair of Turkish F-102 near Agios Efstratios. The aircraft engaged in a dogfight, during which one of the Turkish pilots fired a Falcon missile against one of the F-5As piloted by Thomas Skampardonis. Skampardonis managed to evade the missile and then the other Greek pilot Ioannis Dinopoulos, who up to that point was undetected by the Turks, fired AIM-9B missiles. The first AIM-9 missed its target but the second shot down one of the F-102s. The pilot of the remaining F-102 became disoriented and fled westwards. When he realized his mistake, he turned east towards the Turkish coast but ran out of fuel. This forced him to ditch his aircraft and crash, suffering fatal injuries.[117]

• Roundel of Turkey.svg Οn 8 February 1995, a Turkish F-16C crashed on the sea after being intercepted by a Greek Mirage F1CG.[118] The Turkish pilot Mustafa Yildirim bailed out and was rescued by a Greek helicopter. After brief hospitalization in Rhodes, the pilot was handed over to the Turkish side.[119]
  • Roundel of Turkey.svg On 27 December 1995, a pair of Greek F-16Cs intercept a pair of Turkish F-4E. During the dogfight that followed, one of the Turkish aircraft went into a steep dive and crashed into the sea, killing its pilot Altug Karaburun. The co-pilot Ogur Kilar managed to bail out safely and was rescued by a Greek ΑΒ-205 helicopter. He was returned to Turkey after receiving first aid treatment in Lesbos.
Looks like "regional superpower Turkiye" has lost quite a few aircraft to dogfights against "poor Yunanistan".

Stop
but you are acting like a 15 year-old hyper teenager and showing video from an American idiot who is nothing
This guy is a former pilot who analyzes the videos with details,just so you know...

1.More than half the people,that is 63 people,died in one accident.
2. We didn't lose 12 F-16s nor 13 Mirages,that's false information.

Looks like "regional superpower Turkiye" has lost quite a few aircraft to dogfights against "poor Yunanistan".

keep crying

ekathimerini.com is a greek media and says Greek Air Force counts 125 deaths in 81 incidents since 1990

-- 14 F-4
-- 13 Mirage 2000
-- 13 A-7
-- 12 F-16
-- 6 F-1

better you talk about Greek loses
Greek Government hides the truth that losing Fighter Jets during dog fight against Turkish F-16s

Turkiye lost only 1 unarmed F-16 and 1 unarmed F-4

Greece lost dozens of Fighter Jets
I know 6 of them ( Nikos Sialmas , Kostas Eliakis , Giorgos Baltadoros , Christodoulos Karathanasis, Panagiotis Vlahakos and Ektoras Gialopsos )

Last edited:
keep crying

ekathimerini.com is a greek media and says Greek Air Force counts 125 deaths in 81 incidents since 1990

-- 14 F-4
-- 13 Mirage 2000
-- 13 A-7
-- 12 F-16
-- 6 F-1

better you talk about Greek loses

Turkiye lost only 1 unarmed F-16 and 1 unarmed F-4

Greece lost 6 ( Nikos Sialmas , Kostas Eliakis , Giorgos Baltadoros , Christodoulos Karathanasis, Panagiotis Vlahakos and Ektoras Gialopsos )
I'm laughing because you're so ridiculous. You say we hide the truth,yet you can't fathom the idea that your government's been doing India-level propaganda and hides your losses.
I'm giving you facts of downed Turkish aircraft and you insist "hur dur only 1 pilot and unarmed".

You're a lost case.

I'm laughing because you're so ridiculous. You say we hide the truth,yet you can't fathom the idea that your government's been doing India-level propaganda and hides your losses.
I'm giving you facts of downed Turkish aircraft and you insist "hur dur only 1 pilot and unarmed".

You're a lost case.

I gave you source from Greek Media and still you insist " We didn't lose 12 F-16s nor 13 Mirages,that's false information"

read again , Greek Air Force counts 125 deaths in 81 incidents since 1990

Turkish loses

1995 Altug Karaburun ( F4 )
1996 Nail Erdogan ( unarmed F-16 )

Greek loses

1992 Nikos Sialmas ( Mirage F-1 )
1996 Christodoulos Karathanasis, Panagiotis Vlahakos and Ektoras Gialopsos ( Helicopter )
2006 Kostas Eliakis ( F-16 )
2018 Giorgos Baltadoros ( Mirage 2000 )

also Turkish F-16s shot down Mirage 2000 ( pilot Stylianos NAKIDIS )
The Greek Mirage-2000, which entered into engagement with Turkish F-16s on October 10, 1996, two days after the downing of the Turkish F-16

another website says in 2005 Greek Mirage jet fighter crashed while trying to intercept a pair of Turkish F-16 jets
Greek pilot was killed,

Last edited:
Turkish loses

1995 Altug Karaburun ( F4 )
1996 Nail Erdogan ( unarmed F-16 )
+ Two Super Sabres that were shot down in 1974
+All the aircraft shot down during the Cyprus in Invasion
Greek loses

1992 Nikos Sialmas ( Mirage F-1 )
1996 Christodoulos Karathanasis, Panagiotis Vlahakos and Ektoras Gialopsos ( Helicopter )
2006 Kostas Eliakis ( F-16 )
2018 Giorgos Baltadoros ( Mirage 2000 )
And you had crashes over the Aegean during dogfights as well. The helicopter was shot down by Turkish fire and three servicemen were on board,since you keep mentioning it.

Greeks dont know how to flight
And let's see the THK just on the F-16 front and not other accidents:

Screenshot_2021-08-16 F-16 Accidents Mishaps for the Turkish Air Force.png
Screenshot_2021-08-16 F-16 Accidents Mishaps for the Turkish Air Force(1).png
Screenshot_2021-08-16 F-16 Accidents Mishaps for the Turkish Air Force(2).png

+ Two Super Sabres that were shot down in 1974
+All the aircraft shot down during the Cyprus in Invasion

not in dogfight

but by anti-aircraft defense system ... when Turkish RF-84F was in low flight for the reconnaissance mission
btw Greek Cypriots shot down 4 Greek Noratlas Aircrafts by friendly fire

on the other hand july 22 , 1974 Turkish F-102 fighter jet shot down Greek F-5A over the Aegean

this is from a real war. Not a shooting down an unarmed aircraft in a peace time like a coward!

RESULT : Greece lost in 1974 and still Greeks are crying

Last edited:
btw Greek Cypriots shot down 4 Greek Noratlas Aircrafts by friendly fire
And the Turkish Air Force sunk the Kocatepe and attacked other ships,which in turn shot some of the aircraft down.

21 July 1974 – F-100D 55-2825 of 111.Filo, F-100C 54-2083 of 112.Filo and F-104G 64-17783 of 191.Filo were shot down by Turkish Navy destroyers.[41]

On a note,the Cypriots were not notified that aircraft would be coming from the mainland to bring reinforcements.They thought they were Turkish and shot at them.

on the other hand july 22 , 1974 Turkish F-102 fighter jet shot down Greek F-5A over the Aegean

• On 22 July 1974, during the Turkish invasion of Cyprus, a pair of Greek F-5Αs intercepted a pair of Turkish F-102 near Agios Efstratios. The aircraft engaged in a dogfight, during which one of the Turkish pilots fired a Falcon missile against one of the F-5As piloted by Thomas Skampardonis. Skampardonis managed to evade the missile and then the other Greek pilot Ioannis Dinopoulos, who up to that point was undetected by the Turks, fired AIM-9B missiles. The first AIM-9 missed its target but the second shot down one of the F-102s. The pilot of the remaining F-102 became disoriented and fled westwards. When he realized his mistake, he turned east towards the Turkish coast but ran out of fuel. This forced him to ditch his aircraft and crash, suffering fatal injuries.[117]
but by anti-aircraft defense system ... when Turkish RF-84F was in low flight for the reconnaissance mission
Cypriots didn't have AA systems,they only had anti-aircraft artillery. Bofors,some Dushka I think and .50 cal Brownings. Maybe some other stuff too.

Cypriots didn't have AA systems,they only had anti-aircraft artillery. Bofors,some Dushka I think and .50 cal Brownings. Maybe some other stuff too.

I sad anti-aircraft defense system that means gun , not missile

and Greek Cypriots used M-51 anti-aircraft gun

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom