What's new

Graphics Designer needed for PDF illustration

Greetings,

I'm thinking of making this a fully illustrated article with maps and troop movements; however, I'm unfortunately a n00b to graphics designing. Would anyone be willing to help? Please tag someone who can.

Thanks!

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/india-pakistan-conflict-analysis-aims-tactics-strategy-results.667181

Wait, wait, WAIT, WAIT!

I hadn't discussed this with @PanzerKiel yet, and therefore have not raised it with you. IF he agrees, I intend to give you something more to work with. Please read the file, BUT PLEASE READ IT AS A VAGUE THOUGHT STIRRING AT THE BACK OF MY MIND, and one WITHOUT @PanzerKiel's consent taken, that being a must.
As for illustrations, I hope to get @PanzerKiel's consent further to approve of maps based on Google Maps, that will be illustrative of the various actions described, for which @Nilgiri has already consented to help with the illustrations.

I still want to present a connected narrative for each of these conflicts, as otherwise, in my humble opinion, those who are not familiar with them will fail to grasp the value of @PanzerKiel's insights, and will take them casually, without realising their significance.

As I am now uploading the events leading up to the Battle of e Battle of Asal Uttar, you will understand that I have a great deal of painful narration still to construct. These then have to be de-plagiarised; they are largely dependent on Major K. C. Praval's work, and it is vital that they be subjected to standard plagiarisation analyses, to ensure that there is no carping criticism later. The third step: they have to be balanced, for which I am urgently in need of texts giving the Pakistani point of view. Indus Pakistan has already very kindly promised to acquire Lt. Gen. Mahmud Ahmed's book for me, and ship it to me from the UK, and I hope to get one of my Indian friends, a fauji's son himself and a student at the NDA, and a member here, to buy me Brian Cloughley, as that may be another good source, apart from what has already been suggested by PanzerKiel.

This is where matters stand now.

At one level, as soon as these disconnected posts in PDF are put together, and illustrated by Nilgiri, you will have your in-house version. In a few weeks' time from then, the PDF critical review of these conflicts should also be ready.

This is all going too fast. I had already promised Webbie to consult you and Arsalan just today earlier, and here you go anticipating everything!

Why must things happen when they do, rather than when one wishes them to happen? Both of you will smile on reading this, the irony being apparent from your service days.

PLEASE RESPOND.

Meanwhile, I am trying to explain why Gurbaksh Singh panicked and woke up his Army Commander at 3 in the morning, and have to remember to take my medicines, and have to wash up after dinner.

Sir, ji please, get @PanzerKiel to consent and I'm on board. We could start the ground work and wait for you two to flesh out the details as we move along as well. My thinking is the same to have google maps based illustrations with movements. Please, let me know if this works or should we wait for you two to complete the project first and then move up? At the very least we could start with 1948 while 1965 is being completed and then move up to completely illustrate it while 1971 is being done?
Wait, wait, WAIT, WAIT!

I hadn't discussed this with @PanzerKiel yet, and therefore have not raised it with you. IF he agrees, I intend to give you something more to work with. Please read the file, BUT PLEASE READ IT AS A VAGUE THOUGHT STIRRING AT THE BACK OF MY MIND, and one WITHOUT @PanzerKiel's consent taken, that being a must.
As for illustrations, I hope to get @PanzerKiel's consent further to approve of maps based on Google Maps, that will be illustrative of the various actions described, for which @Nilgiri has already consented to help with the illustrations.

I still want to present a connected narrative for each of these conflicts, as otherwise, in my humble opinion, those who are not familiar with them will fail to grasp the value of @PanzerKiel's insights, and will take them casually, without realising their significance.

As I am now uploading the events leading up to the Battle of e Battle of Asal Uttar, you will understand that I have a great deal of painful narration still to construct. These then have to be de-plagiarised; they are largely dependent on Major K. C. Praval's work, and it is vital that they be subjected to standard plagiarisation analyses, to ensure that there is no carping criticism later. The third step: they have to be balanced, for which I am urgently in need of texts giving the Pakistani point of view. Indus Pakistan has already very kindly promised to acquire Lt. Gen. Mahmud Ahmed's book for me, and ship it to me from the UK, and I hope to get one of my Indian friends, a fauji's son himself and a student at the NDA, and a member here, to buy me Brian Cloughley, as that may be another good source, apart from what has already been suggested by PanzerKiel.

This is where matters stand now.

At one level, as soon as these disconnected posts in PDF are put together, and illustrated by Nilgiri, you will have your in-house version. In a few weeks' time from then, the PDF critical review of these conflicts should also be ready.

This is all going too fast. I had already promised Webbie to consult you and Arsalan just today earlier, and here you go anticipating everything!

Why must things happen when they do, rather than when one wishes them to happen? Both of you will smile on reading this, the irony being apparent from your service days.

PLEASE RESPOND.

Meanwhile, I am trying to explain why Gurbaksh Singh panicked and woke up his Army Commander at 3 in the morning, and have to remember to take my medicines, and have to wash up after dinner.

Sir, ji please, get @PanzerKiel to consent and I'm on board. We could start the ground work and wait for you two to flesh out the details as we move along as well. My thinking is the same to have google maps based illustrations with movements. Please, let me know if this works or should we wait for you two to complete the project first and then move up? At the very least we could start with 1948 while 1965 is being completed and then move up to completely illustrate it while 1971 is being done?

I will write in the next five minutes, enclosing the template of the proposed document to both of you, WITH THE EXPRESS CAVEAT THAT THIS IS NOT WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE, but will be far more polished.

I hope to present the matter to @PanzerKiel in the course of that post, and since he is quick to assess and decide, there is reason to hope that we will know tonight itself how to proceed.

Regarding parallel operation, yes (all that I say here onwards is assuming consent on PanzerKiel's part); it is possible, for instance, to forward the maps prepared by Praval, and by Major Amin, and if relevant, by Cloughley and General Ahmed, and make sure that we have a sequence of maps that illustrate all that is needed to be illustrated. This can be started by Nilgiri, while the rest of the work flows along.

@jaibi @PanzerKiel

Please do not shoot me for the disorganised appearance of this; it is just a target to shoot at.

Attachments

• India and Pakistan Cover Page.doc
    118 KB · Views: 37
Sir, it looks beautiful to me and I think we should wait for sir @PanzerKiel to respond to further decide our strategy.
I will write in the next five minutes, enclosing the template of the proposed document to both of you, WITH THE EXPRESS CAVEAT THAT THIS IS NOT WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE, but will be far more polished.

I hope to present the matter to @PanzerKiel in the course of that post, and since he is quick to assess and decide, there is reason to hope that we will know tonight itself how to proceed.

Regarding parallel operation, yes (all that I say here onwards is assuming consent on PanzerKiel's part); it is possible, for instance, to forward the maps prepared by Praval, and by Major Amin, and if relevant, by Cloughley and General Ahmed, and make sure that we have a sequence of maps that illustrate all that is needed to be illustrated. This can be started by Nilgiri, while the rest of the work flows along.

@jaibi @PanzerKiel

Please do not shoot me for the disorganised appearance of this; it is just a target to shoot at.

Greetings,

I'm thinking of making this a fully illustrated article with maps and troop movements; however, I'm unfortunately a n00b to graphics designing. Would anyone be willing to help? Please tag someone who can.

Thanks!

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/india-pakistan-conflict-analysis-aims-tactics-strategy-results.667181

Yup I will do it, no worries buddy. I tagged you in the main thread. The earlier orbat format worked well for me, Joe gave me locations and unit info for both sides etc basically.

For battles it will be lot easier and I will iterate say first version of first battle (with feedback) till we come up with a format acceptable to all those interested (like colour schemes, map contrasts, arrows used, fonts whatever else)....and then I can just pump them out, it just matter of free time etc...and joe et al giving me the same info (on smaller scale ofc) this time. Many (historical) smaller maps this time instead of one huge (current) map.

Back
Top Bottom