What's new

Graphic of India and Pakistan's underwater nuclear deterrent

Well,i cant do anything if you find hard or easy. India is transparent enough to accept if any help was taken or not. Besides it took good 3 decades to put first ship in water!--we are talking about 30 years on the development.
it cant have taken 30 years, thats way to long, for any county you looking at half that (15 years) india would have needed help in the sub design and material design composition a ship and a sub are two differant things, even burma is making "stealth" ships. anyway this is not the tread.

Kindly read the book before writing things you have no idea about! Thanks in advance!
are you ok amigo? like mentally sound? theres nothing wrong with that i said. cam and nam are used for functional/operational ships, sure they can be used during evaluation and testing but since this is the first launch thats a bit far off

Brahmos is an export downgrade of Yakhont. That is why Russia continues to use its own domestic product and refuses .Brahmos.
russia has been using the yakhont for a long time, no need having two missiles doing the same job.

upload_2017-1-20_16-39-10.png

Something more probable from Pakistan would be like the Polaris SLBM.
3000km+ range
3 MIRV's
2 stage solid fuel
Inertial guidance

theres nothing wrong with that i said. cam and nam are used for functional/operational ships,
As I said, kindly read the book before you comment. NAM/CAM are software framework to define the mission profile of cruise missile. In case of sub launch cruise missile these two are part of command and control system.
As I said again do your homework thoroughly before you comment on something.
@Blue Marlin

The design North Korea uses could potentially carry 3 SLBM's.
upload_2017-1-20_18-45-31.png

The design North Korea uses could potentially carry 3 SLBM's.
View attachment 370077
the golf class has a bulge so thats not gonna work. the others are too small.

As I said, kindly read the book before you comment. NAM/CAM are software framework to define the mission profile of cruise missile. In case of sub launch cruise missile these two are part of command and control system.
As I said again do your homework thoroughly before you comment on something.
@Blue Marlin
really.......... you need software to talk to a missile? i thought they use to whisper the commands into the missiles engine intake.

every weapon has some sort of C&C and every missile is different, nowadays cruise missiles as a whole are simply given a target and way points to keep it out of danger and would have the ability to change targets, loiter and give intel to its CO. im not sure if the babur can change targets or loitering or taking images but the tomahawk block iv can.
rtn_rms_product_tomahawk_pic03.jpg

Thats not entirely correct you need to plan everything and feed it to the cruise missile.Kindly read George M Sioris book on missile guidance and control-you would know.You would need to have data link to missile sitting in the canister to feed all the relevant data,mission planning etc.

Refer to page 529 of that book and you'd need CAM(clobber analysis module) and NAM(navigation accuracy module) modules running in the computer(outside of the missile)--in our case submarine command and control architecture.
CAM provides the capability to the mission planner to compute either probability of ground clobber given a specified ground clearance, or ground clearance given a specified probability of clobber. NAM on the other hand predicts accuracy and map crossing probabilities along the route of the mission from launch to target
I don't have that book, do you mind posting the relevant passages?

I'd like to point out that we are referring to a strategic land-attack SLCM, not an AShM. So broadly speaking, if a certain place is selected as a target, all what's needed are the TERCOM maps & DSMAC images which can be either stored aboard the missile or downloaded to the missile before inserting it into the torpedo tube via a port on the capsule. No real-time adjustments are needed while the missile is in the tube (such as new firing solutions in case of an AShM).

I think there are far better and more intelligent people in our R&D organisation all the need is the sufficient funding ... They always performed better than their rivals and with much small budgets.
No there are not. A LOT more is needed for that than mere funding. Our performance is because of our efficient 'jugaad' policies in this regard.

Maybe I have poor eyesight-I couldnt see any telemetry ships nearby. We dont even know what kind of ship it was from where the video was shot.
Anyways have a good day!
It was a row-boat. You know they get shaky, hence the low-quality video.

I feel sorry for you.

Dear Elite Member,

Brahmos IS Nuclear Capable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrahMos

If Brahmos is Yakhont, the JF17 is F7 ; MKI is Su 27 and Mig 35 is Mig 29
@XiNiX I have a clarifying question if you can help me. As I understand SLBM or any BM's have bad CEP so they are most used for Nukes and not for precision targets. No matter how much people here talk about Nuke capable I simply ignore most because I consider that as the remote option. In a conventional war, SLCM will play more role on precision strike verse SLBM, right? I totally get the nuclear deterrent part but we do need long range SLCM.

And here comes the BS expert guy.
Trolls love attention, it encourages them to troll more. Please ignore trolls.

When the missile came out of water, It had a white color'due to angle of camera which was perpendicular to missile . Just like in the Ground test videos during initial ascend of the missile when it went vertical it was giving white colors and camera was perpendicular to missile .

I mean Im pretty sure you have not watched any of the ground test videos or else you would have noticed the initial ascend colors in both scenarios.
honestly i am trying to figure, is it more stupid to argue the missile test was fake based upon color change or is it more stupid to try to defend against the above argument

imagine how would you look, if someone claims your PM is an alien from krypton and if you start trying to proof that nawaz shrif is not an alien from outer space !!

honestly whole USA stealth program was unknown till 90s many years after its official induction, some might not agree to this secrecy policy but it does exist, of course i believe many test failure happened that were never published

PS, some how i dont think pakistan is going for blasstic misssles, as i dont think it is difficult ot build one, its just we dont have any plateform now or future plans to acquire one that could launch such a missle, so i doubt VLS launchers would exist in newer subs

lastly i dont understand why would we disclose babur 3 if we cant use current agosta as newer subs are atleast 6years away

@Bratva @The Deterrent @Valar Dohaeris Mr. Amardeep Mishra is here to simply dig for information. Raise various technical questions out of curiosity that challenge somebody's capabilities, and the person will become boisterous and try to 'prove technically' how they definitely have said capability. Mr. Mishra will keep raising questions until he has the answers he is looking for, and then he'll raise some more, just because... His posts are to be read because he is obviously knowledgeable about various technical subjects, and then safely ignored.

So broadly speaking, if a certain place is selected as a target, all what's needed are the TERCOM maps & DSMAC images which can be either stored aboard the missile or downloaded to the missile before inserting it into the torpedo tube via a port on the capsule. No real-time adjustments are needed while the missile is in the tube (such as new firing solutions in case of an AShM).
Hi dear @The Deterrent
First of all I cant upload that book using "upload a file" option that shows here. There are issues in what you have suggested above,Let me explain you some complexities-
1) TERCOM and DSMAC data are very huge you cant just feed the all the TERCOM/DSMAC data for entire india onto the cruise missile prior to putting it in torpedo tubes.

2)Secondly the designer of mission profile selects the path of cruise missile based on "data they have"!-this is very important.

3)Extrapolating point #2,lets say I wish to launch my babur/nirbhay then I must know the precise location of my own launch platform and the missile when it is launched. Because #2 is heavily contingent upon where I am at the moment.

4)Once I get to know where I am,I then go ahead and define way points starting from launch point .This as I said again is based on "altitude profile that I have"--or basically TERCOM/DSMAC data that I get from either ISRO/or chinese satellites(in case of pakistan).

5)Once a set of way points are selected missile uses these to perform any of these actions-
(a) Lateral control of missile-- this amounts to finding exact bank angle that would satisfy the way point criteria
(b) Terrain following or
(c) Barometric hold/Altitude Hold autopilot

So in light of point #2,3, and 4, you must define the way points etc in the submarine and not at dockyard when missiles are being stored!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom