What's new

Graduates in Sanskrit, Urdu, Persian, yet can’t read the languages

And that's why it's an Indian language cause it's similar enough to be influenced by rough sounding Hindi
And no they were in history not "totally" different languages
Pre ghalib Hindustani and Urdu we're different but he blurred the lines
The roots of Urdu are in Persian, Turkish, and Arabic; while Hindi is based on Sanskrit.

Kuch words sa language to change nhi hojati. Mainay is urdu sentence main English words use kiye hain to different language ban gayi ha?

Urdu was medium of education in Pakistan before 1947
I have no issues with Pakistan's widespread and over-representation of Urdu.. In fact it helps Indians understand you guys.
I was just making a point how Pakistan was hesitant to give much importance to Bengali as it was perceived to have Indian (Hindu / Sanskrit) influence.

Kuch words sa language to change nhi hojati. Mainay is urdu sentence main English words use kiye hain to different language ban gayi ha?
Bhai G, casually it is OK, if you use to it then you are culturally influenced by it. If we talking grammatically it is a wrong practice to use English in Urdu at the university level as discussed in the thread your marks will be deducted.
Further, we are discussing influence and that is visible. Even we forgot many Urdu words and used English for support.
Wah now became WOW
Uf now became Ouch

On the other hand, Hindi is very strong in its basis, and don't think they are adapting other languages' words in it.

Bhai G, casually it is OK, if you use to it then you are culturally influenced by it. If we talking grammatically it is a wrong practice to use English in Urdu at the university level as discussed in the thread your marks will be deducted.
Further, we are discussing influence and that is visible. Even we forgot many Urdu words and used English for support.
Wah now became WOW
Uf now became Ouch

On the other hand, Hindi is very strong in its basis, and don't think they are adapting other languages' words in it.
Hindi on the streets is a mix of English, Urdu and the local language.

So a Marathi speaking person would speak Hindi mixed with Marathi, Urdu, English words.

Obviously, when giving a Hindi test, we have to resort to only Hindi, else marks will be deducted.

Hindi on the streets is a mix of English, Urdu and the local language.

So a Marathi speaking person would speak Hindi mixed with Marathi, Urdu, English words.

Obviously, when giving a Hindi test, we have to resort to only Hindi, else marks will be deducted.
English is best at absorbing other language words and they dont even mind their usage in official dictionaries if the use is widespread.

And that's why it's an Indian language cause it's similar enough to be influenced by rough sounding Hindi
And no they were in history not "totally" different languages
Pre ghalib Hindustani and Urdu we're different but he blurred the lines

Hindi CAN use a lot of Sanskrit rooted words that are totally not present in Pakistani Urdu, just my take. I could be wrong though.

Those Sanskrit rooted words are intelligible to Bangladeshis however.

For example "Parampara" (heritage) and "Surakhsha" (optimal security/safety) were never used in spoken Bangla before 1971, but they are prevalent now because of Bollywood and Indian ad campaigns. Both are Sanskrit rooted words.

Ditto with the slang Hindi word I personally hate: "Dhamaka". Every sale advertisement in Bangladesh now uses the cringe-inducing word "Dhamaka Offer".

This was also never used in Bangla spoken narratives before 1971.

What do you define as an Indian language.
As per West Pakistani leaders, Bengali was an Indian language and they did not want it in East Pak. But you guys fought for it.

Sanskrit is the root of many languages including Bengali.
Anything that is spoken by you panjeets should be ban in the entire world

Back
Top Bottom