What's new

govt to cut defence spending?

A strong economy fuels a strong military. So allocating more resources to the economy now, means a greater potential for defence expenditure in the future.

The exception of course, is if you feel that you are going to have a war in the near future.

China could attack India before 2012 - NDTV

This above prediction turned out to be wrong, so what is the next estimate? I think I read in another Indian source that it was somewhere around 2014 or so.

A strong economy fuels a strong military. So allocating more resources to the economy now, means a greater potential for defence expenditure in the future.

The exception of course, is if you feel that you are going to have a war in the near future.

China could attack India before 2012 - NDTV

This above prediction turned out to be wrong, so what is the next estimate? I think I read in another Indian source that it was somewhere around 2014 or so.

Well India's defence spending as a proportion pf its GDP is one of the lowest in the world and India is aware of the need to spend on the economy that's why the GoI spends FAR, FAR more on education, poverty alleviation and infrastructure than it does on defence.

What will India buy now after MMRCA? They have already spent too much, billions of dollars on defence. They have finally realized the fact that you people are not in a war. Good news for you and good news for Pakistan and China.

A $32 billion dollar defense budget that's supposedly dropping is nothing in comparison with India's vast and growing economy. I don't even know, really, how a $32 billion dollar budget is able to maintain, and acquire some of the best technology for its armed forces.

A $32 billion dollar defense budget that's supposedly dropping is nothing in comparison with India's vast and growing economy. I don't even know, really, how a $32 billion dollar budget is able to maintain, and acquire some of the best technology for its armed forces.

And even then the budget is not fully used, so I think the government decided to make an average of the money that the military hasn't been using and cut that much amount.

it would have been great if the defence budget cuts were voluntary.

but since it is being forced due to the bad decision making by the govt, it is a sad thing

we are not in a war and al out war with pakstan and china is not possible because all the states are nuclear. now is the time to spend on education and infrastructure. all main roads at least in punjab are in good shape. now we should focus in small roads and streets in villages. bus and railway station need to be modernised. couple of planes less will do for the time being

Do you mean after US,CHINA, UK, France, Russia, Japan, SA and Germany?

WHAT LIST WERE YOU LOOKING AT??!!

He said "As a proportion of GDP", and he was right.

--------------------

militaryspending.jpg

2.7% of GDP is not a lot considering that we still don't use all the money allocated. Compare that with the economic growth, we are better off.

India's debt threat: Rises to historic high in 2011

India's debt threat: Rises to historic high in FY11 - CNBC-TV18 -

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

India’s Debt at 70% of GDP Is ‘Constraint’ to Higher Rating, Moody’s Says

Moody’s rates India’s rupee sovereign debt a Ba1, the junk grade.India’s foreign-currency debt is rated at Baa3, the lowest investment grade.

India

That's an old news Moody already upgraded India's rating, check before posting.

India Q4 growth at 6.2% would be disappointing: Moody’s

India's economy slowed sharply through the second half of 2011 as policy missteps and a weak global environment weighed on growth”
India Q4 growth at 6.2% would be disappointing: Moody

India HIGH Inflation, HIGH trade deficit, High Inflation, Pls cut defence spending as soon as possible, Go Action!

India Q4 growth at 6.2% would be disappointing: Moody’s

India's economy slowed sharply through the second half of 2011 as policy missteps and a weak global environment weighed on growth”
India Q4 growth at 6.2% would be disappointing: Moody

India HIGH Inflation, HIGH trade deficit, High Inflation, Pls cut defence spending as soon as possible, Go Action!

See India is not growing, we are sitting idle... Happy kid? go troll somewhere else...

Back
Top Bottom