What's new

Governor Punjab, Salman Taseer, Killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan was doing more than fine before U.S. made its presence in Afghanistan.

Tell me where was TTP before 9/11? Where were suicide bombings in Pakistan before 9/11? How many Pakistani children were being killed for going to school before 9/11?

U.S. should just leave the PAK-AFGHAN region. Then more than half of Pakistan's problems will be solved.

Why is US in Afghan-Pak region in the first place...It was beacuse of extremist groups like Alqaeda and taliban.

I condemn this killing. It is an act fueled with hate and cowardice. My condolence to people in Pakistan and to the family of the late Governor.

If Freedom of speech means being blasphemous towards our then you can forget about Freedom of Speech in any Islamic country let alone in Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Go read the Quran and understand what our beloved Prophet says regarding blasphemy laws. Low mentality and brainwashed awam is being blasphemous towards Islam and our Prophet (pbuh)

i am heaing alot of criticism about the Police personnel with him at the time and their reaction to his shooting.............

As someone who works in a similar role.......I can confirm that an AK47 can empty a 30 round magazine in less then five seconds....

I hear on the news with anchors saying that it must take about 40 seconds to a minute to fire this off....these people have absolutely no idea of weapons or tactics......

The guards would have been in their respected positions providing VIP cover for Salman Taseel......when gunfire started, they would have taken up more tactical positions first as well as finding ballistic cover and each person responding to his or her role......i.e. the killer could have been responsible for covering the VIP and getting him into the car whilst the other guards take up a diamond formation looking for direction of gunfire and to put down supressing fire to aid any withdrawal from the kill zone........

Obviously when they would have turned to see their own fellow Officer, a couple of minutes earlier having a laugh and joke drinking tea with them and have good relations with each other suddenly open fire would have not just startled but shocked them to a point of freeze.......they did well to pounce and restrain him in the time they had without allowing a change in the magazine and for him to cause any further damage....despite his confession of his mission to kill only Taseel, who knows what his actual complete objective was after his killing.......

Mark my words:

If this evil is not stopped, we will lose not only soldiers and children, we will lose it all: Country, Nation, Identity and our Future.

Well the man who killed Governor Salman Taseer is already caught and in prison.

No need to go crazy and losing it all now.

What about the millions of Pakistanis who die everyday because of hunger or lack of health care. Aren't they as important as Governor sahab or is Governor sahab more important because he had wealth and was secularist.

Pakistan has millions of other problems. Why create new problems for yoursleves and make the society more complicated than it already is.

Why is US in Afghan-Pak region in the first place...It was beacuse of extremist groups like Alqaeda and taliban.

assalam alaikum

In case u forgot founder of alqaeda came to afghanistan during the cold war and given the weapons by the west.

TARIQ

What about the millions of Pakistanis who die everyday because of hunger or lack of health care. Aren't they as important as Governor sahab or is Governor sahab more important because he had wealth and was secularist.

Pakistan has millions of other problems. Why create new problems for yoursleves and make the society more complicated than it already is.

The man is not the evil I am referring to, he is merely its face for the present incident.

It is the entire brainwashing apparatus that caused this man to do what he did is the true EVIL I am pointing out that will swallow Pakistan if we do not stop it NOW.

well what needs to be ascertained is --- did he make even a MERE mention of his intentions prior to carrying out his abhorrent, despicable act

what he did was wrong; and he has brought shame and dismay to the country. If anybody is not ashamed or disgusted by his action (regardless of their political affiliations or other petty feelings and crap) then people like that are the PROBLEM in the country and must be dealt with somehow someway

this is the second leader assassinated in Pakistan..i guess.

whatever the case might be, getting leader killed really affects the whole nation reputation on international level.

pardon the pun but you are shooting yourself in the foot.

how is this action going to bring justice and prosperity to the hard done by people you talk of?

why can you not see that pakistan with this persons murdering has MANY more problems now?

do you not think this undermines pakistan entire standing in the international stage?

well what needs to be ascertained is --- did he make even a MERE mention of his intentions prior to carrying out his abhorrent, despicable act

what he did was wrong; and he has brought shame and dismay to the country. If anybody is not ashamed or disgusted by his action (regardless of their political affiliations or other petty feelings and crap) then people like that are the PROBLEM in the country and must be dealt with somehow someway

in amongst the bickering and petty feuding the bigger questions are lost.

someone must know this guy well, why were his seniors not suspicious? what went wrong?

if only we could have a 50 page thread discussing this instead of appeasing the mullah brigade.

Tell me where was TTP before 9/11?
In Pakistan's own madrassas, the second generation of extremists bred there since Zia came to power. The first sought power abroad, in Afghanistan; the second thought, "Why bother traveling when there is so much we can do at home? (Besides we would have to face the Americans.) " Similar things have happened numerous times in history.

U.S. should just leave the PAK-AFGHAN region. Then more than half of Pakistan's problems will be solved.
I suppose you have in mind kicking the extremists back into Afghanistan, or siccing them on India. It doesn't speak well of you that you wish calamity upon innocent others, or wish to employ the terror of the Taliban as a Pakistani tool. Yet the Taliban are predators, and predators prey upon the weak, and internally Pakistan is more threatened today than in 2001. Would the Taliban really feel a need to release its grip upon Pakistan now, whether America left Afghanistan or India declared war tomorrow?

The experience of the Russians was that WWII was the most politically free time of their lives, but once victory was achieved their resident predators clamped down. The Russians had fought their "India", but it was all for an illusion: they achieved what they most feared, the victory of tyranny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom