Government disregarding the NRO verdict

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
So far the government has

1. Ordered the police to stand down in making the arrests
2. Started reposting of police officers
3. Refusing to handover the money taken out of Swiss accounts
4. Started pushing the SC to scrap the NRO order even before the long verdict has been given

What is the actual difference between an overthrown government and just simply not following the constitution and the writ of the law whenever you feel like it?

Monarchy?

Who died and made Zardari king? Oh yeah, nevermind. Then when the people are forced to long marches, thats when he buckles under pressure.

yar govt he corrupt logn ke hay.there are a lot of proofs on youtube.1 or long march hona chahiay against drone attacks and also against this open corruption.pata nai kion log ppp ko vote daitay hain ,only zulifiqar ali bhutto was a great person.and us k baad aaj tk jo b aaya usi nay he mulk ko khaya hay.

So far the government has

1. Ordered the police to stand down in making the arrests
2. Started reposting of police officers
4. Started pushing the SC to scrap the NRO order even before the long verdict has been given

Here is my humble opinion:

I am not a fan of Zardari or the PPPP govt. but they have the right to appeal against the judgement of the SCoP. So they are using their right and that is the answer for # 4.

I agree that all of the looted money should come back to Pakistan. GoP has the jurisdiction to initiate or to not initiate, re-open or to not re-open a case in a foreign country.

SCoP can give it's opinion which the govt. MAY or MAY NOT follow. I don't agree with the govt.'s position but they are not doing anything illegal.

This issue will never be resolved because NS and others also have ill money outside of Pakistan that if Zardari is forced to bring it back then others will be forced to do so the same.

NS and other politicians will never arrange mass protests etc but they will keep playing the lingo game for public consumption.

@SSGPA
This is what I am worried about. Nawaz is not sincere. Will he ever take out a long march for accountability? I say never. These groups will collaborate to get the new (un)accountability law passed in cahoots with the government. So far as the long march to restore the judges, it was supported by PML-N to get back at PPP and possibly get Zardari dismissed. They would never want the SC to go all out in establishing genuine accountability. PML-N needs to get rid of its own devils first to become a legitimate party.

Here is my humble opinion:

I am not a fan of Zardari or the PPPP govt. but they have the right to appeal against the judgement of the SCoP. So they are using their right and that is the answer for # 4.

I agree that all of the looted money should come back to Pakistan. GoP has the jurisdiction to initiate or to not initiate, re-open or to not re-open a case in a foreign country.

SCoP can give it's opinion which the govt. MAY or MAY NOT follow. I don't agree with the govt.'s position but they are not doing anything illegal.

This issue will never be resolved because NS and others also have ill money outside of Pakistan that if Zardari is forced to bring it back then others will be forced to do so the same.

NS and other politicians will never arrange mass protests etc but they will keep playing the lingo game for public consumption.
Let the long verdict come out, the wording from SC would hopefully be like "Arrest him, arrest so and so, freeze these accounts"

That will not be a recommendation. I think according to Article 19 (or 18?) The government is duty bound to follow the SC orders.

Let the long verdict come out, the wording from SC would hopefully be like "Arrest him, arrest so and so, freeze these accounts"

That will not be a recommendation. I think according to Article 19 (or 18?) The government is duty bound to follow the SC orders.

There are two things:

First:

184. Original Jurisdiction of Supreme Court.
(1) The Supreme Court shall, to the exclusion of every other court, have original jurisdiction in any dispute between any two or more Governments.

Explanation.-In this clause, "Governments" means the Federal Government and the Provincial Governments.

(2) In the exercise of the jurisdiction conferred on it by clause (1), the Supreme Court shall pronounce declaratory judgments only.

Second:

190. Action in aid of Supreme Court.
All executive and judicial authorities through out Pakistan shall act in aid of the Supreme Court.

Our constitution is not clear and leaves a lot of room to work according to the situation at any time. Previous judgements would need to be reviewed by the SCoP and the GoP to see how it was worked out in past.

[Chapter 2: The Supreme Court of Pakistan] of [Part VII: The Judicature]

Back
Top Bottom