What's new

Gorkha Regiment Among Worlds best elite military units

In the US military my saying is that any officer, junior or senior, is only as good as the "Senior sleeves" who work with him. As a new Second Lieutenant, USAF I depended in Pakistan, overseas, for much day to day management by my USAF Master Sergeant. In my reservist end of 31 years active and reserve duty career I depended on the Command Chief Master Sergeant.

In the US Navy of course your Senior Sleeves are Master Chief and Senior Chief Petty Officers.

Concur completely in your opinion here.

Its the same in the Indian Army (and dare I say the PA). The vital link between a junior level Commander and his men; are the NCOs (Non-Coms). In the Indian Army, there is another ranking level in between-- the JCO (Junior Commisioned Officer). This was created in the time of the British as VCOs (Viceroy Commisioned Officers). These (grizzled) veterans are from the ranks unlike the directly commisioned Officers. While these JCOs nominally wear the "shoulder pips" of junior officers (with a special distinguishing shoulder flash) they are just below the junior Officers (subalterns) in the heirarchy.
But they are invaluable assets to fresh subalterns and can substitute for them. And in the Army unit (the paltan), even the Commanding Officers treat them with respect; and justifiably so.

I was saying that in the context of the IA which is an officer heavy army.I can't speak for other armies

IA is "officer heavy"?? You seem to be unfamiliar with the structure of the IA. It is quite pyramidical, and a rather steep pyramid at that.

gorkhas are mercenaries......in british army they only work for pound sterlings and a temporary resident visa.....they dont fight for principles or any ideology....they are just rental soldiers:lol:

dont derail the thread...typical tactics employed by indian trolls....gurkhas are rental mercenaries....they dont have any vision,ideology or moral principlesfor which they fight...look at nepal...has anyone ever attacked nepal?why would someone attack nepal?f:lol:...only motto of gurkhas is pound sterlings and british citizenship...and they they will do anything for it:agree:

dont derail the thread...typical tactics employed by indian trolls....gurkhas are rental mercenaries....they dont have any vision,ideology or moral principlesfor which they fight...look at nepal...has anyone ever attacked nepal?why would someone attack nepal?f:lol:...only motto of gurkhas is pound sterlings and british citizenship...and they they will do anything for it:agree:

gorkhas are mercenaries......in british army they only work for pound sterlings and a temporary resident visa.....they dont fight for principles or any ideology....they are just rental soldiers
Original Post By hindukush

You are quoting your own post to say "don't derail the thread". Amazing.

i am Hindukush,the best Central Asia has to offer

seriously, is this the best central asia could offer. Shocked!!! :eek:

IF A MAN SAYS, HE DOESNT FEARS DYING....HE IS EITHER LYING OR HE IS A GURKHA....!!!!
JAI HO....VEER GURKHALI!!!!!!

But they still damn fine warriors. I think it is worth respecting them :yahoo:

Firstly whoever made the list is insane.

Secondly,i have been visiting PDF for the past 3 years and every time such threads come you can predict whats gonna happen...firstly someone will come and say i am from a martial race and we are the bravest then other guy of a non martial race will come and say martial race is all crap made by the britishers..and instead of debating on the topic we INDIANS will keep arguing who is the bravest and what not.

The Indian Army when it goes to war doesnt choose units after seeing who were the bravest.

I am a Rajput and my father has served in the Bihar regtt but that doesnt mean that i will come in a Defence Forum and say Rajputs or Veer Biharis of the IA are the bravest.

And to be honest with you guys..IF anyone commands the respect that no one else in the IA commands..its is not the Rajputana rifles or the Kumoan regtt or the Sikhs..but its the Paras...and you know which region the Paras come from..ALL OVER INDIA.

Grow up guys..seriously this happens in every thread related to race...Indian is the race we belong to..dont have a mindset of hundreds of years ago.

post # 36 makes me remember of battle of umbarkhind where small Maratha force Marathas defeated 30,000 mughals.

Battle of Umberkhind
An Uzbek general, Kartalab Khan, was sent by Shaista Khan on a mission to attack and reduce the number of forts under Shivaji's control in the Konkan regionon 3 February 1661.[/B] He left his camp near Pune with 30,000 troops. This time the Mughals did not march openly and took circuitous back country routes, as they sought to surprise Shivaji.[12] But instead Shivaji surprised them at a pass known as 'Umber Khind'(in a dense forest, near present-day Pen), and attacked them from all sides. Marathas hidden in the dense forest executed a well co-ordinated ambush attack on the Mughal army.[12] Shivaji himself took the forward position with an elite cavalry unit. The other three sides were flanked by Shivaji's light infantry.

In a well co-ordinated movement of light infantry and cavalry, Shivaji prevailed over the attackers. A Maratha lady commander, Raibagan, who co-led the Mughal forces, analyzed the situation and realised that defeat was imminent and advised Kartalab Khan to accept defeat and initiate a compromise with Shivaji.[8][12] Within four hours into the attack the enemy accepted defeat and surrendered all the supplies, arms and assets. The Mughal army suffered high casualties. The defeated army was allowed a safe passage. Kartalab Khan and Raibagan were released with honour in accordance with Shivaji's terms and his long standing policy towards women and unarmed civilians.
[8]

Shivaji - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sikh warriors are the best in the world.

Remember the battle of saragrahi just 21 sikhs fought against 10000 Pashtuns with extraordinary courage and killed 180 before they die..

Battle of Saragarhi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even Hitler wanted the sikhs to join the Nazis after seeing the strength and will in the war of France and called them as Black devils(Sikhs).

The armies which possess the valiant Sikhs cannot face defeat in war" - Parliament of the United Kingdom

Whether its china/Pakistan dont dare to mess with India till the sikhs are in the Indian army, we will maul you.

(Proud to be a sikh)

what make these north east Indians soo good and one of the best military units in the world?

They dont get training like Navy seals or Marcos etc. Maybe cause they are brave ?

Gurkhas are not from NORTH EAST.Think BEfore Comment

Back
Top Bottom