What's new

'Good for Christians if Hindus Avoid Convent Schools'

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
PANAJI: Caitu Silva, a legislator of the ruling alliance in Goa, on Wednesday sarcastically said that if Hindus do not want to send their children to minority institution-run convent schools, then Catholic students would stand a better chance of admission.

"If Hindus don't want to send their children to convents, then better for us. There will be more seats for Catholic students to avail a better education," Silva told reporters at the state secretariat on Wednesday.

The comments by Silva, a Goa Vikas Party legislator from the Catholic-dominated Benaulim constituency, come after a Goa cabinet minister and his wife have repeatedly exhorted parents to avoid admitting their wards to minority institution-run convent schools because they claim the education and atmosphere there takes children away from Hindu culture.

Over the last three days on numerous occasions, Goa's Factories and Boilers minister Deepak Dhavalikar and his wife Lata have exhorted Hindu parents against sending their children to convent schools.

The couple have also asked women to wear kumkum (vermillion) and sarees to avoid being subjected to eve-teasing and said that adoption of Western culture leads to r@pe

'Good for Christians if Hindus Avoid Convent Schools' -The New Indian Express

One question which has always hurted my mind is - "How there are more 'minority institution-run convent schools' than the DAV's in every city?? each and every city which I have stayed or known have plenty of schools like St. Peters, St. Judes, St. Paul's and many more???? "
It is not that I am complaining or disappointed, rather amazed on how these so called minority institutions are more funded than majority lead institutions???.

One question which has always hurted my mind is - "How there are more 'minority institution-run convent schools' than the DAV's in every city?? each and every city which I have stayed or known have plenty of schools like St. Peters, St. Judes, St. Paul's and many more???? "
It is not that I am complaining or disappointed, rather amazed on how these so called minority institutions are more funded than majority lead institutions???.
DAV is not a tool for conversion. I hope you can join the dots.

AFAIK its much easier to start minority run institutions due to some provision in the constitution.

DAV is not a tool for conversion. I hope you can join the dots.
I have already joined the dots... This question is for those who will come at this post for a whinning ceremony about how India is transforming into Evil Hindutva era under the leadership of Modi....

AFAIK its much easier to start minority run institutions due to some provision in the constitution.
Do these provisions will also provide them funds to open such (enormous and prosperous) institutions??
By the way how did you become a general while I am a 2nd leutinent... I mean what is the eligibility??? post counts??? ratings???

No so good if the Hindus decide to take back the land "gifted" to christian institutions. :coffee:

Don't talk, just take it back. Otherwise they will make you in the same situation as they do to Buddhists and animists/nature worshippers here in NE.

Remember after defense, Church has the largest land ownership in India. It is shameful.

So much for minority.

Please don't use the word minority. We are also minority as per designation by the Indian Constitution (though in real sense we don't consider it). Call them either Xtians or their denominations by their real names.

Using minorities word in one breath puts us also in the bad light. We are not against Hindus.

fucking *** h**l.....my sister is teaching in convent school and my both niece and nephew going in convent school ......they never complain about atmosphere ......

fucking *** h**l.....my sister is teaching in convent school and my both niece and nephew going in convent school ......they never complain about atmosphere ......
This is the main problem as the children are provided with that particular atmosphere from start i.e. their chilhoodso they think it as their own and others' as alien atmosphere....
By the way, you have a nice DP...

Don't talk, just take it back. Otherwise they will make you in the same situation as they do to Buddhists and animists/nature worshippers here in NE.

Remember after defense, Church has the largest land ownership in India. It is shameful.

So much for minority.

Please don't use the word minority. We are also minority as per designation by the Indian Constitution (though in real sense we don't consider it). Call them either Xtians or their denominations by their real names.

Using minorities word in one breath puts us also in the bad light. We are not against Hindus.

For doing that you need to generate enough public awareness. People need to ask the right question.

Under the east India company, no christian missionaries were allowed to operate in India till 1813. The idea was to exploit Indian wealth while leaving the Hindu religion to its own device.

However the christian missionaries in England mounted enough pressure on the company and forced them to allow missionaries under a license. But later stronger pressure ensured that after 1833, Christian missionaries did not need any license to convert Indians into Christianity.

To counter this ban, the missionaries used to use the German Danish missionary ships to south India to proselytize. That is why you find more christians in the south (except for N.E which happens much later)

The anual budget of christian societies operating in India by 1846 was 350 Million $. You can imagine what that kind of money could do in a poor country like India, where under british rule, Hindus were getting poorer every year.

Even then by 1851 there was just 2 million christians in India. By 1881 christians were only 0.7% of Indians.

However once the 1857 war took place, the British govt. opened up India for proselytizing and started giving out land grants to churches.

Land which earlier belonged to the community was taken away and became property of the state and from them, property of the church. Today the churches in India owns the largest chunk of non-agricultural land, and is known as the second largest employer in India.

So much for "christian charity" :angel:

Then why is it a "convent" school ? why is it not just a "school" ? :coffee:

Most of the land owned by Xian Institutions are not 'gifted'. They are purchased by hard cash.

Government has already started putting a tab on foreign funds available through various NGOs.

Still you will see Christian Institutions performing well. The reason is that their source of money is not alms by the west but the money that is hard earned through teaching services etc that is being done all over India.

Most of the land owned by Xian Institutions are not 'gifted'. They are purchased by hard cash.

Government has already started putting a tab on foreign funds available through various NGOs.

Still you will see Christian Institutions performing well. The reason is that their source of money is not alms by the west but the money that is hard earned through teaching services etc that is being done all over India.

Sorry, they are NOT purchased. Most land for schools and such is gifted by the govt. That is assuming they are build AFTER independence. Before Independence ALL land by the christian societies are gifts and grants, or if purchased at subsidised prices.

Let them compete with the rest of the school without any extra privileges. Let us put them on an even playing field and then lets see how they perform :lol:

quote-when-the-missionaries-arrived-the-africans-had-the-land-and-the-missionaries-had-the-bible-they-jomo-kenyatta-243272.jpg

https://record2destruction.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/civilization-my-***.jpg

How about this ?

UM9pjwl.jpg

British Land grants.:triniti:

And Conversion funding from USA.:sniper:

The easiest way to tame missionaries is by privatising education. Love it or hate it but it is the fact that government suck at providing services world over. Missionaries gained a toehold in education only because the holier than thou Congis hated anything that was profit driven. In absence of Private educators which could have provided high quality education, though at a price, missionaries filled gap at providing sh!tty but less sh!ttier than municipal school quality of education, since they can access conversion money and quality education (of any quality) costs money.

With the entry of private schools, missionary schools have been driven out of top 5 school list of any Tier I/II/III city. Further commercialization of education would kill them the way private hospitals killed missionary hospitals.

if Hindus do not want to send their children to minority institution-run convent schools, then Catholic students would stand a better chance of admission.

Works only in Goa, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, and Kerala.

Elsewhere, Missionary schools have to be converted into motels.

Last edited:
Please dont cry my dear. I have seen the way land is purchased. No Government is fool enough to 'gift' lands to Christian Institutions and not expect anything in return. Had this been the case, such schools would come under the slab of 'Government granted schools' and Government would have had a major say in its working. There are thousands of Christian Institutions running in India. I bet you can't even show me a list of 100 such Institutions.

If there are such Institutions, you are free to ask Government to do something about it. Till then, relax and listen to good music.

it under a license. But later stronger pressure ensured that after 1833, Christian missionaries did not

The anual budget of christian societies operating in India by 1846 was 350 Million $. You can imagine what that kind of money could do in a poor country like India, where under british rule, Hindus were getting poorer every year.

Even then by 1851 there was just 2 million christians in India. By 1881 christians were only 0.7% of Indians.

churches.

Land which earlier belonged to the community was taken away and became property of the state and from them, property of the church. Today the churches in India owns the largest chunk of non-agricultural land, and is known as the second largest employer in India.

So much for "christian charity" :angel:

Then why is it a "convent" school ? why is it not just a "school" ? :coffee:
Sorry, they are NOT purchased. Most land for schools and such is gifted by the govt. That is assuming they are build AFTER independence. Before Independence ALL land by the christian societies are gifts and grants, or if purchased at subsidised prices.

Let them compete with the rest of the school without any extra privileges. Let us put them on an even playing field and then lets see how they perform :lol:

quote-when-the-missionaries-arrived-the-africans-had-the-land-and-the-missionaries-had-the-bible-they-jomo-kenyatta-243272.jpg

civilization-my-***.jpg

How about this ?

UM9pjwl.jpg

The Christian Far right backed by their western Donors is taking over the Christian Cause,their were Christians before & the casual attacks but there was never this message of Christians under attack like there it is now,specially when they aren't
As a Christian what is your opinion over this issue

Back
Top Bottom