What's new

Going to Pakistan. Need advice.

A.Rahman

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
hey guys,

Old member, going to pak after long time for a visit to Karachi.

Please recommend any places for sightseeing. Also any restaurants ?

What kind of security precautions to take?

Also, looking to get a handgun for self defence there. As I own couple here.

What is the procedure to get license ? Would prefer 9mm or 1911 in 45acp.

hey guys,

just came back form Karachi a month ago, security is not an issue anymore as we went out for dinners very late at night and went for brakfast1 5 am on Aisha Munzil (a stone throw away from Old Bhai sahab thikana) and guess what we had to line up and get the number it was that busy. Dust and garbage is another story all together.

well getting handgun licence is a difficult and lengthy process I assume that you don't need gun in Karachi coz once you arrive in Karachi you will realize that it's a normal city as other cities are , traffic is very bad and don't expose to others that you have come from abroad otherwise some people might try to over charge you on some items, try to reside in DHA or Clifton area, if have relatives here thats good, food is very good at kolachi restaurant at do drya DHA , sajaad restaurant, salt n paper Village is also good buffet restaurant, Al salateen near bilawal house is good but hygiene conditions are not optimal, Bar B Q tonight, at Clifton is good, for site seeing you can go to Makli near Thatha , Hawks bay for sea, or can visit PAF museum or PN museum, shopping is good at tariq road , depending what you want to shop, if you need any further information you can ask,

Security is not issue and you can walk freely everywhere.... There are many good restaurants where you can take special meal.... however i will recommend you not forget to eat Baloch ice cream.... yes

My mom and brother just returned from Karachi, everything is normal unless you become too flashy. It is a huge city and thing happen sometimes in huge metropolises. Like other members advised, don't let people know you are from abroad, else you will have to pay extra $$.

Try the food of Burnes Road, do darya and Port Grand.

The weather is hot in Karachi, you should visit the beaches in Karachi.

Last edited:
hey guys,

come to Lahore, you'll have a blast.(no pun intended ;))

1. Do not let anyone (other than your spouse) including your relatives and friends know how much CASH you are bringing in the country &/or carrying - EVER! Use credit card (where you can) and carry as little cash as possible. If going to bank, again do not tell anyone.
2. Do not flash your expensive belongings (watch, mobile etc etc) in the open. Be conservative about everything.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Licensing will be an issue, buying not so much. Have your CNIC or NICOP ready if you want to get a licence. Again, do not tell anyone you are CC one!

hey guys,

ooo hooo hooo welcome welcome back .
where you had been and BTW it would be epic if this time too apko Karachi main roads pe boats main travel karna paray heheheheheheheheh

hey guys,

and yara wo makhi kahan gaaai? bring her back in your DP.

Just came back from Lahore last week probably a more safer city then London at the moment.

Alot of my close family has recently visited karachi after a long time due to security improving and they all had a blast. But alot of garbage and dirtiness in Karachi at the moment.

I was in Pakistan with my European/Swedish friends (girls, boys) for a month in July and we didn't feel insecure any time anywhere.. However it was too warm and now it will be even warmer.

Back
Top Bottom