What's new

Going to India

Shatterpoint

BANNED
Reaction score
Well it's been decide my family and I are off to India in October/November would love to have inputs from people on here about this wonderful country.

Have been doing research and trying to learn about the country, from what I can gather it is one of if not the most diverse places on Earth.

Different religions, culture, traditions all living in peace and respecting each other, so much history and civilization.

I have 3 kids as well 2 girls and a boy all under the age of 12 and they are looking forward to the experience, they really want to to see Elephants and bathe them etc.

We want to try and experience as much as we can, we only have 4 weeks in India as we have to get back to work.

Any help, tips, hints will be most welcome and very much appreciated, come on guys bring it on. :cheesy:

Well it's been decide my family and I are off to India in October/November would love to have inputs from people on here about this wonderful country.

Have been doing research and trying to learn about the country, from what I can gather it is one of if not the most diverse places on Earth.

Different religions, culture, traditions all living in peace and respecting each other, so much history and civilization.

I have 3 kids as well 2 girls and a boy all under the age of 12 and they are looking forward to the experience, they really want to to see Elephants and bathe them etc.

We want to try and experience as much as we can, we only have 4 weeks in India as we have to get back to work.

Any help, tips, hints will be most welcome and very much appreciated, come on guys bring it on. :cheesy:

For elephants you can go to the Madhumalai sanctuary between Mysore and Ootacmand. Try to book rooms in a forest lodge inside the sanctuary. There are hotels outside but its not the same thing.

For Himalayan vistas you could try either Ladakh (Nubra Valley) or North Sikkim (Gurudongmar Lake & around).

Taj Mahal is touristy but it is quite breathtaking.

For beaches etc, the Andaman Islands are supposed to be excellent, but since you are Australian, you'd find similar beauty on the Australian North Coast, for example.

Go to lonely planet forum. Google lonely planet thorn tree India

India is so vast its almost impossible to do it in a month . so decide where and what you wish to see and figure out your budget . then plan , i would recommend you first see a bit of the south and then go up north . i have traveled the length and breath of this country so if you need any help , message me .:)

South India,Goa,Maharashtra and NCR give more of your time.

Back
Top Bottom