What's new

Goa the paradise of East...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil Arasan

Reaction score
Enduring new-age appeal of Go

BBC News - Enduring new-age appeal of Goa

A key 1970s hippy-trail destination, Goa appears to be losing none of its attraction to new-age travellers, the BBC's Zubair Ahmed finds.

The music in the funky Club Fresh shack blasts out loudly into the tranquil waters of the Arabian Sea. The darkness is intermittently disrupted by those lighting up. It's 10 at night and the fun has just begun.

The lone man on the dance floor is the owner. His moves are out of synch with the music but no-one cares.

This is a place to lose inhibitions, break society's norms, bend the rules, not be judged.

The spacious club extends to the beach as if it's a freedom corridor.

Couples can be seen smoking, making out or just chatting on the sun beds under the white canopies.

There are dozens of such shacks in Anjuna, Baga and Calangute. They are out of bounds for Indians but favourite hangouts of Goa's expatriate crowd.

Media are advised to keep a low profile and those attending the late-night parties avoid revealing their full names.

One of the club's bartenders, Taylor, who is from San Francisco, describes why she loves Goa: "It's great here. It's parties, it's people and it's funky freaky fashion… I love it here."

The first wave of hippies has long gone from Goa. They have been replaced by a new wave of travellers, who come on chartered planes from Russia, Britain, Israel and Germany.

The director of the Goa tourism department says 900 chartered planes brought 400,000 Westerners here last year. Its affordability keeps it an in-demand destination.

The widely-travelled and well-heeled owner of Club Fresh, Sunil Chawla, sums up the spirit well: "I love my life. I would say, 'live a good life not a long life'."

They come from all over the world, they all look different, behave differently. But here they become one” Faiz Goa settler...

Dance!!!!.......

New Year Bass....

I hope the PDF members enjoy the Goa videos, and also I hope this thread not becomes another India Pakistan hate message thread...

Last edited by a moderator:
Goa Images...

Waterfall-in-Goa.jpg

dudhsagar_waterfall_goa.jpg

old-goa-church.jpg

Goa-14.jpg

goa.jpg

terra-paraiso-goa.jpg

Goa.jpg

Casa-De-Goa-7298_0.JPG

@Tamil Arasan
what's the name of that waterfall? Awesome place!

i missed a chance to visit Goa 3 yrs back & i regret my decision to this day. why the hell i dropped the plan back then???:hitwall:

Great Video hear you can see the train washed in Dudhsagar waterfalls!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really beautiful,I knew Goa from the movie The Sea Wolf starring Roger Moore 30 years ago.

dudhsagar.jpg

Baywatch Resort, Sernabatim Beach Road, Colva Salcete
Bay%20watch.jpg

ingos-saturday-night-market-at-arpora-goa
saturday-night-market-at-ingos-goa.jpg

Pousada TaumaLuxury Boutique Hotel Near D'Mart Shop, Porba Vaddo, Calangute, North Goa
IMG_1729.jpg

Kingfisher_beer_ad_in_Goa
Kingfisher_beer_ad_in_Goa.jpg

Carnival Goa
Goa_Carnival.jpg

arambol-beach-goa
arambol-beach-goa-india+1152_12778135054-tpfil02aw-1522.jpg

btw Golden beach pic in the post #4 is not Goa, It is Sri Lanka!

securedownload016.jpg

I Love Goa. I remember, we used to ride there on our bikes through the western ghats!! Awesome sights! And the sands and the sea!! Oh, not to forget, almost tax free liquor!

I have experienced this moment of Dudhsagar fall. It lies Hubli-Margao route of Railways near Goa-Karnataka Border and while train is passing some splash of water come inside the train. The railway line is built in inaccessible Western Ghat. Truly nice moment.

Valerian in below image almost seems to be saying “Praise the Lord.. for Goa is beautiful!”.. Yeah indeed Goa is spectacular, because even the simple small narrow roads like at Parra give you the sense of being alive and one cannot help but pause for few mins to...

road-at-Parra-Goa.jpg

One of the finer things about life is to take a moment out to enjoy it, and although Goa has its set of beaches, disco techs etc, the simpler things can add to your good moments, like.. a humble ferry ride.
Goa has been using ferries to transport people and...
Goan-Ferry-Boat-500x333.jpg

As one drives through the roads of Goa, you are bound to come across a chapel, church, temple etc. This one however in Saligaon seemed more beautiful with the arrangement of fields, the palm trees, the cloudy sky and the neatly placed chapel.
I just hope this view, these fields never go and get replaced by the concrete jungles.
holy-cross-chapel.jpg

goa-mormugao-harbour
goa-mormugao-harbour-02.jpg

Riverside of Panjim Goa
RiversideofPanjimGoaIndia.JPG

Backwater Goa
33_backwater%20in%20Goa.jpg

the-intercontinental-the-grand-resort-goa
india-the-intercontinental-the-grand-resort-goa.jpg

The float carrying King Momo and his King Momo's float in Goa carnival...
Goa_carnival2.JPG

I went to Goa twice,ate more seafood than a sumo wrestler.Try dhananjay's fish curry,its dirt cheap and real yum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom