What's new

Global player: Pakistan’s potential highlighted

The easiest way is to use our professional army to bring peace to hot spots in the Middle East. Not in blue helmet, but our own green helmet with full contingent of military equipment.

Nice! The sole super power spent a TRILLION dollars there and still can't find this elusive bird named "peace". So tell me Sir Historian, with Pakistan's VAST, IMMENSE, BOUNDLESS forex reserves that sit at a GRAND TOTAL of 17 Billion USD, how do you figure that our military will pay for its rations beyond three months?

Lets stick to economy, shall we?

Bhai jaan

India has less incentives to make peace with Pakistan, hence, forget Modi, any Indian government will not make it a priority. Anyway, this debate belongs to a different thread.

On topic, Pakistan no matter what it does on economic reforms front...without peace with India, all the economic development and growth are just illusionary.
As you just said peace with india is illusionary

A feel good article, pakistan doesn't have independent foreign policy... A global should have Independent foreign policy and work on it's own Interest... Unlike pakistan who is at service of USA/ chine...

Bhai jaan

India has less incentives to make peace with Pakistan, hence, forget Modi, any Indian government will not make it a priority. Anyway, this debate belongs to a different thread.

On topic, Pakistan no matter what it does on economic reforms front...without peace with India, all the economic development and growth are just illusionary.

It is not about incentive.

It is about emotional outburst against a perceived lower caste country.

Bharati upper castes can think and treat Bharati Muslims as lower caste. Who can stop them.

But now they want to do the same with Pakistani Muslims

Not gonna happen

Hence the Bharati ruling elite's emotional diarrhea about Pakistan 24/7.

Pakistan works on war economy, it needs a constant conflict or war - either internal or external to keep it running. @FaujHistorian is right when he says that pak fauj should start looking for conflict elsewhere namely the ME. Peace will be quite contra to how pakistan is built - i.e it's people and the country are there to service its army.

A constant threat perspective and a constant conflict is what keeps the wheels churning...Quite like how the US operates too.

As a country you are always beholden to your geography.

The region now known as modern day Pakistan has geography that has been thrust into war for decades and centuries.

British India suffered from the similar issues
Sikhs era saw the same
Mughals saw the same

and it is on an on and on.

you can call it a curse or a blessing. But it is a reality that Pakistanis (majority) have learned to live with.

Completely disagree with your statement to be a world player one doesn't need to stick their nose everywhere... lets first slove our own problems first

sometimes you solve problems at home by taking an action outside.

Infighting is never good and isolation is huge no no

Starting with our own backyard, of course.

which ever area is better for Pakistani interests

Nice! The sole super power spent a TRILLION dollars there and still can't find this elusive bird named "peace". So tell me Sir Historian, with Pakistan's VAST, IMMENSE, BOUNDLESS forex reserves that sit at a GRAND TOTAL of 17 Billion USD, how do you figure that our military will pay for its rations beyond three months?

Lets stick to economy, shall we?

That sole power made strategic blunders and economic mismanagement.

Doesn't mean that their initial steps were wrong. It is the follow through where they bungled up.

Pakistans economic development is linked to its great Geo Strategic location and the advantages that come with it i.e CPEC, Central Asia etc. This is the national project and will catapult us, the enemies can only show jealousy as is evident. Security and the right climate is what needs to be ensured and is being done.
This is our issue. We depend on geographic location for the world to give us money and make roads for us. We depend on the US for IMF backing. We depend on China to help us out every so often.

Depend. Depend. Depend.

We have no roadmap wrt where Pakistan should be 5, 10 and 25 years from now. We haven't been able to formulate an effective foreign strategy to bring Pakistan forward as a positive factor on the global stage. We really haven't developed any major industry apart from textile and agriculture. We tax the poor and exempt the rich.

How do we progress with the burdens of our past?

It is not about incentive.

It is about emotional outburst against a perceived lower caste country.

Bharati upper castes can think and treat Bharati Muslims as lower caste. Who can stop them.

But now they want to do the same with Pakistani Muslims

Not gonna happen

Hence the Bharati ruling elite's emotional diarrhea about Pakistan 24/7.

First, I guess you are wrong. I am sure most Indians on PDF doesn't believe in inferiority of Pakistani Muslims. 90% of 'emotional outburst' here happens because Indians believe Kashmir is theirs while Pakistanis believe otherwise. Kashmir has become such an symbol of Indian identity that any adverse remark from anyone including Pakistanis will draw strong reactions from Indians.

First, I guess you are wrong. I am sure most Indians on PDF doesn't believe in inferiority of Pakistani Muslims. 90% of 'emotional outburst' here happens because Indians believe Kashmir is theirs while Pakistanis believe otherwise. Kashmir has become such an symbol of Indian identity that any adverse remark from anyone including Pakistanis will draw strong reactions from Indians.
Kashmir is just an excuse bhai jaan

Just an excuse.

Just a cover for he deep seeded feelings that go much further back from 1947.

Last edited:
This is our issue. We depend on geographic location for the world to give us money and make roads for us. We depend on the US for IMF backing. We depend on China to help us out every so often.

Depend. Depend. Depend.

We have no roadmap wrt where Pakistan should be 5, 10 and 25 years from now. We haven't been able to formulate an effective foreign strategy to bring Pakistan forward as a positive factor on the global stage. We really haven't developed any major industry apart from textile and agriculture. We tax the poor and exempt the rich.

How do we progress with the burdens of our past?

CPEC gives your economy the means to grow, infrastructure, power, security are the right ingrediants for investment. Yes we need the right sort of government which invests in education, institution building and essential services to sort out the things your pointing out but were stuck with this one for now so lets make the most of it in terms of growing the economy.

Back
Top Bottom