What's new

Global Indian Navigation system on cards

One of the interesting features of such dual-use system is that the attack on the satellite constellation will mean an attack directly on the two powerful countries.

I mentioned GAGAN, because its the first stage of navigation support in India's navigation roadmap. It will work with NAVSTAR GPS to provide commercial navigation within India in Stage 1. I wrote GLONASS when I wanted to say GAGAN.
You mentioned but it wasn't required. GAGAN and IRNSS/GINS are different. We were talking about IRNSS/GINS.

Wrong. Look at slide 6 of the official presentation below.
http://www.aprsaf.org/data/aprsaf15_data/csawg/CSAWG_6b.pdf
You can understand the meaning of the sign '<', do you? Where did it says 20 meters?

Go to this link (page number 2)...

"10 m resolution over India and adjacent countries"

www.oosa.unvienna.org/pdf/icg/2008/expert/2-3.pdf

One should understand: Additional satellites are required to convert IRNSS into GINS, which will require additional satellites (around 24 in total).
So for any one ask you: What is you name?
Your answer is: I am fine.

:lol:

How did you miss the word 'total'?

Hi, Kinetic i think GLONASS is Russian GPS and russia will allow us to use their GPS(GLONASS) civil or military purpose. I dnt think in GLONASS there any contribution by any Indian Agency or ISRO. I think the main problem is this that we can not trust in USA for using their GPS system for military use u can see last yr in Jan when we r test fire Brahmos in the last miniute they switch off their GPS and the missile test was fail if this situation come at real war we are going to handicap. From that i can read that russia provide us their GPS for military purpose and also they want to join us in the GLONASS program.

What you said are correct but earlier we heard many things about new GLONASS-K jointly developed and launched by India and Russia. They even signed agreements but after that for last few years no news. Newest report indicates that ISRO may be evaluating it again.

Yeah US can have 'denial of service' over a region when ever it wants and accuracy is not very good, so its much better to have own satnav.

I also heard about that Brahmos test when its GPS guidance failed for uncertain reason ad later after analysis scientists found that the device didn't got any signal from the satellites.

You mentioned but it wasn't required. GAGAN and IRNSS/GINS are different. We were talking about IRNSS/GINS.

Ofcourse it was required. I'm talking about India's roadmap to self-sufficiency that starts with GAGAN, then to IRNSS and then to GINS. Do you get it now?

You can understand the meaning of the sign '<', do you? Where did it says 20 meters?

Go to this link (page number 2)...

"10 m resolution over India and adjacent countries"
www.oosa.unvienna.org/pdf/icg/2008/expert/2-3.pdf

So, you're going to launch a missile in India, or outside it, genius? You need greater accuracy both within India (for civilian navigation) and outside it (for military grade accuracy). 20m outside India and 10m within India is not good.

So for any one ask you: What is you name?
Your answer is: I am fine.

How did you miss the word 'total'?

So, I say around and you automatically assume its over and above the 6 already launched? Learn English.

Ofcourse it was required. I'm talking about India's roadmap to self-sufficiency that starts with GAGAN, then to IRNSS and then to GINS. Do you get it now?
Kid you first need to learn what is GAGAN, IRNSS or GINS and how GAGAN is dependent on GPS. GAGAN is not called self-sufficiency, its GPS augmented and the ground station built by Raytheon.

So, you're going to launch a missile in India, or outside it, genius? You need greater accuracy both within India (for civilian navigation) and outside it (for military grade accuracy). 20m outside India and 10m within India is not good.
Why run away? Accept that your initial argument about 20 meters accuracy was a lie.

So, I say around and you automatically assume its over and above the 6 already launched? Learn English.

Don't hide under English language, I know how much English you have learned. You even don't know how many satellites does a GPS needed. Read your sentence again...

"to launch additional satellites (around 24) for global navigation".

You said 24 additional satellites kid. :lol:

Kid you first need to learn what is GAGAN, IRNSS or GINS and how GAGAN is dependent on GPS. GAGAN is not called self-sufficiency, its GPS augmented and the ground station built by Raytheon.

Kid, you need to learn the roadmap of India. Ever since my first post I mentioned that GAGAN is not autonomous, it relies on GPS NAVSTAR, kid. It's still the first step in India's roadmap, kid. Understood, kid?

Why run away? Accept that your initial argument about 20 meters accuracy was a lie.

It's not a lie, fool. The accuracy of 20m outside India is what is most important. What is the primary purpose of IRNSS? Its to keep Indian military operation intact if GPS NAVSTAR denies access to Indian satellites. And an accuracy of 20m outside India for military applications in laughable to say the least, kid.

Don't hide under English language, I know how much English you have learned. You even don't know how many satellites does a GPS needed. Read your sentence again...

"to launch additional satellites (around 24) for global navigation".

You said 24 additional satellites kid. :lol:

Hahaha, "I know how much English you have learned." This statement itself shows "how much English you've learned". Nuff said.

Its a lot of interesting discussionon a India version of GPS. I didn't know that India is very advance in GPS like satellites. It would a great idea to turn a regional system into a global system as a global system is a composition of regional system for all regions on the earth. Just curious, how many existing IRNSS satellites are out there?

Back
Top Bottom