What's new

Global Arms import: India represent 15% and Pakistan represent 4% of total arms import

Costs defer from nation to nation. Example, it's cheaper for China to have a large army, than it is for the US. Same rule probably applies here.

Also, slight correction, the budget now is $8.1 billion for Pakistan.
It is more than that.
Pension fund & Fauji foundation revenue not included in it.

It is more than that.
Pension fund & Fauji foundation revenue not included in it.
And military R&D, but those are separate budgets. If combined, the budget (from what I can tell) is closer to $15 billion, but that's just a guess.

And military R&D, but those are separate budgets. If combined, the budget (from what I can tell) is closer to $15 billion, but that's just a guess.
But Pakistan total budget would be near $50 billion & if they allocates 10 billions for defense but I didn't think Fauji Foundation can bear 5 billions because they have to also take care of retired personal's welfare accounts.

Economics: Not made in India.

Do explain the economics part.

Costs defer from nation to nation. Example, it's cheaper for China to have a large army, than it is for the US. Same rule probably applies here.

Also, slight correction, the budget now is $8.1 billion for Pakistan.

That's a high budget in comparison to GDP

That's a high budget in comparison to GDP
It's temporary. It was only raised to this much to pay for the military operations in NWA. Wars aren't free.

But Pakistan total budget would be near $50 billion & if they allocates 10 billions for defense but I didn't think Fauji Foundation can bear 5 billions because they have to also take care of retired personal's welfare accounts.
If it was $50 billion, Pakistan would have been bankrupt years ago. You have to look at cost of living. A dollar in Pakistan will take you much further than it will in, say, Australia.

It's temporary. It was only raised to this much to pay for the military operations in NWA. Wars aren't free.

If it was $50 billion, Pakistan would have been bankrupt years ago. You have to look at cost of living. A dollar in Pakistan will take you much further than it will in, say, Australia.
That sounds fair and justified.

I am quoting your yearly federal budget which was $ 46 Billion like Indian Central budget $ 298 Billion in previous year.

I am quoting your yearly federal budget which was $ 46 Billion like Indian Central budget $ 298 Billion in previous year.
Ah, I must have misread it then. My mistake, disregard my previous comment, and please accept my apology.

So?? Pakistan's defence budget is nearly 7 billion right? You guys also have a long border with India and Afghanistan, You guys have the 6th largest military force and a Nuclear weaponed state. These things consume budget only when it comes to India?
Do you have any other thing in your mind?

So?? Pakistan's defence budget is nearly 7 billion right? You guys also have a long border with India and Afghanistan, You guys have the 6th largest military force and a Nuclear weaponed state. These things consume budget only when it comes to India?

They are also fighting war in their western border, so it also take toll in their budget allocation even though US aid is critical

Back
Top Bottom