What's new

Gilgit Baltistan Tourism

I would like to visit, but I am busy upgrading my General Degree to an Honours Degree.

1632254912406.png

1632254934298.png

1632254963358.png

They need to go on a massive tree planting scheme in these areas, barren mountains with no foliage don't look too attractive.

Last bazar toward north Sost Bazaar ,Gilgit Baltistan

1634150365922.png

Shangrila Resort – Skardu
DC – 3 Aircraft
Pc:.................. Imran Hameed

1636039433036.png

On October 13th, 1950 a DC-3 aircraft (AAF) that belonged to Orient Airways – now Pakistan International Airways (PIA), crash-landed after three minutes of taking off in Skardu. All of the crew and passengers survived – including famous author James Albert Michener.

A resident of Skardu, the late Brig. (Retd.) Mohammed Aslam Khan was greatly inspired by James Hilton’s fiction novel “Lost Horizon.” In the story, an airplane crashes near a river bed. The surviving passengers came across some Buddhist monks from a nearby temple to seek their help, and they took them to a beautiful lamasery which was filled with fruits.

The blissful place was called Shangrila in the story, a Chinese word meaning “heaven on earth”.

He obtained some land close to a lake called Kachura and planted an orchid full of numerous types of fruit. He then bought the crashed plane from Orient airways for Rs. 150 and it took him three months along with hundreds of men, horses, and bullocks to move it to its present location.

1640110835184.png

Prime Minister Imran Khan inaugurates Upgradation and Expansion of Skardu Airport for International Operation.

Back
Top Bottom