What's new

Germany will sell Saudi Arabia 100 war ships

Why Saudi Arabia is not making small things like coast guard ships themselves?

There is going to be a transfer of technology in this. We don't procure any crappy equipments under any circumstances.

Their shipbuilding industry is ''young''.
True, it is relatively young in terms of ship-building.

A 100, wut! Damn that's a big fat tender man. Germany got class A stuff, will the deal include submarines? @MarkusS

No, we are a few steps away from singing a deal with the. French to procure the Scorpion class submarine as well as FREMM Frigates.

what are the specs of the boats??
Patrol boats equipped with various weapon systems to combat piracy, drug trafficking, illegal immigration, and to bomb the Houthi terrorists if needed or to sink Iranian boats shipping weapons to them.

Last edited:
Patrol boats equipped with various weapon systems to combat piracy, drug trafficking, illegal immigration, and to bomb the Houthi terrorists if needed or to sink Iranian boats shipping weapons to them.

Why is Iran funding Houthis? Are they Shia by any chance?

Why is Iran funding Houthis? Are they Shia by any chance?

Iran funds both of the Shia Hothis, and Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula to destabilize Yemen to the core. So far, their terror acts have been contained, and defeated.

Sup Markus! what type of boats are they?

@Yzd Khalifa

Do you remember when I said that Qatar should have gone for Germany instead of Turkey? You see where we are going now?

I have no clue friend, let's wait and see.

Legend,

The more flexible the Transfer of Technology Agreement is, the more likely the the proposal of a given country will be accepted.

Legend,

The more flexible the Transfer of Technology Agreement is, the more likely the the proposal of a given country will be accepted.

In case of Qatar, you don't need any TOT as they are fast boats if you know what I mean. Its understandable for Qatar since it doesn't have manpower and that's why I said it should have gone to the best of the best but the SACG is a big costumer of Al-Zamil offshore company in terms of fast small boats. Let's wait for more details to come out.

In case of Qatar, you don't need any TOT as they are fast boats if you know what I mean. Its understandable for Qatar since it doesn't have manpower and that's why I said it should have gone to the best of the best but the SACG is a big costumer of Al-Zamil offshore company in terms of fast small boats. Let's wait for more details to come out.

Point taken Sir. I guess we should only - as always - go for the best.

Yes,how could they have done such a thing?
Now the poor people can also afford cancer medicine:pissed:so pissed.

If they can´t afford it, tehy can´t buy it. Its that easy.

There is no more detailed information about it ready yet. I think in next weeks we will know more about the deal.

Thread title made it seem like KSA is getting 100 Sachsen-class or Brandenburg-class FFGs or something...

Thread title made it seem like KSA is getting 100 Sachsen-class or Brandenburg-class FFGs or something...

Agreed. :)

Anyway, the Saudis are about to get new Frigates. I think they might need to look into the Daring Class - Type 45 - destroyers as well.

If the opposition doesn't make a hell of a noise then we might hold talks about procuring the fallowing:

A- 2 AIP T-209 delivered before 2020.

B- 4 AIP T-214 delivered by 2020.

C- 3 AIP T-216 delivered by 2020s.

D- 3 AIP T-218 delivered by the mid 2020s.
Sounds very good, and yet to be confirmed. what about the German tanks all 600 of them, now that merkel holds the real power, she already approved the sale of 100 of them, should we expect 500 more? These fast boats can be equiped with missiles too if the need arises.

Last edited:
A combination of OPVs, Corvettes and maybe frigates too.
This one looks promising: Multi Role Light Frigate

9cafb5ac532c9bab41f172a714a51d73.jpg

407dac16d67d55bcd448cafac92dcabc.jpg

7c7043d9c7cba0da288f14e9849ff557.jpg

KSA is proud to buy 100 warships? Go spent a bit in your own weapon industry! Pitfull to see buying 100 warships. Are you people lazy? How much are you thinking to spent more? Even the poor iranian weapon technology is beyond ksa.

Back
Top Bottom