What's new

Geo Strategic Implications of India’s Covid Disaster.

Pakistanis on this thread unable to differentiate reality from their own wants. A pandemic can obviously slow India down for a few years but it can't kill the reasons why India has pushed ahead in recent times.

Let me ask a more valid question. Why do Pakistanis think India will -"Spiral into a hell hole?" . Let's talk beyond lollywood dialogues and scripts. Let's talk economic parameters, market and trade.
Indian as well as Paksitanis, and International community should worry about vaccination and Covid first...we are still in the middle of a war against Pandemic...Virus doesn't care about Pride and Prejudice. Indians should should worry more about floating dead covid bodies than Pakistanis/chinese/international prejudice. People here don't see much hope for India exactly because of people like you sir who worry more about Indian prestige than doing the right thing for its people. Prove us wrong, and I am sure everyone will be happy.

Natural and man made disasters do have significant geo strategic implications. For example India exploited the misery created by the 1970 cyclone, one of the most disastrous in the world, to forment anti Pakistani sentiments which ultimately led to creation of Bangladesh. The Chernobyl disaster was a major contributor to collapse of the Soviet Union.

The purpose of this thread is to get serious and objective thoughts from other members about the possible, if any, geo strategic implications of the current Covid situation in India.

Some of my random thoughts are that the death toll going over a million and/or a break down of the food supply chain and/or significant slow down in economic activity could lead to social turmoil raising existentialist concerns about India. Some media houses are already raising such concerns but in my opinion they are very premature.

India is being seen as a counterbalance to China by the West and it is doing everything to prop it up. Full Security Council membership could be on the cards. Based on its disastrous handing of the pandemic, some G7 countries (The Indian delegation might have just infected a G7 ministerial meeting in London) might be scratching their heads about India’s readiness for such a status and its overall dependability

Last couple of years have been disastrous for Modi. The Balakot and Ladakh debacles, anti Muslim riots in Delhi, the farmer’s agitation, loss of clout in Afghanistan and a total mishandling of the pandemic. Ultimately the spin will run out. Understanding Modi’s megalomaniac mind set, he might do something to regain his standing and/or distract attention. Consequently, an aggressive move against their usual target Pakistan cannot be ruled out. The only thing stopping him would possible reaction from China.

what are your thoughts?

Supa Powa is poorer than a developing nation, how could it be?

Back
Top Bottom