What's new

Generation Jihad: Scholar of Islam predicts civil war across Europe as more young Muslims facing..

dray

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Generation Jihad: Scholar of Islam predicts civil war across Europe as more young Muslims facing poor job prospects turn to radical groups

• Gilles Kepel from Science Po in Paris warns of the effects of radicalisation
  • Fears terrorists could destabilise Europe to the point of starting civil wars
  • Comes as French Prime Minister warns terror plots are being foiled 'daily'

By JULIAN ROBINSON FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 12:07 GMT, 12 September 2016 | UPDATED: 12:07 GMT, 12 September 2016

A scholar of Islam has warned of civil war across Europe as more young Muslims facing poor job prospects turn to radical groups, it has been reported.

Professor Gilles Kepel, from the Sciences Po in Paris, France, said a growing 'Jihad Generation' is likely to continue to carry out terror acts in European cities.

The aim of their terror activity is to both incite hatred towards Muslims and, in doing so, cause further radicalisation among young people, the professor of political science said.

13BE63FD00000514-0-image-a-2_1473681358848.jpg

A scholar of Islam has predicted civil war across Europe as more young Muslims facing poor job prospects turn to radical groups, it has been reported (file picture)

He told the German newspaper Die Welt that this in turn could lead to the point where Europe enters into civil war.

Kepel said the recent terror attacks across the continent were part of a war within Islam rather than between Islam and Western civilization.

The extremists, he said, also want to crush more moderate Islamic opposition.

After civil war had ruined Europe, he said, the long term goal of the terrorists would then be to build a caliphate 'on the ruins of the old continent'.

Kepel said that while most Muslims were not involved in any terror-related activity, a lack of job prospects and their feeling of hopelessness in French suburbs could boost the likelihood of young Muslims becoming radicalised.

He warned against retaliation from far-right groups and urged authorities to eliminate fractures in European societies 'not with war but with policing and education'.

369B8B5100000578-0-image-m-3_1473681363478.jpg

French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said that 'every day attacks are foiled ... (including) as we speak' (file picture of French anti-terror police)

His comments come with Europe still on edge following a wave of terror attacks in recent months.

Last night, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said that 'every day attacks are foiled ... (including) as we speak.'

Valls said nearly 15,000 people in France are being tracked because they are suspected of being in the process of radicalization, while 1,350 are under investigation - 293 of them for alleged links with a terrorism network.

'Today the threat is at a maximum, and we are a target,' Valls said on Europe 1 radio. 'Every day intelligence services, police foil attacks, dismantle networks, track terrorists.'

Despite the tracking, with plots uncovered, 'There will be new attacks. There will be innocent victims,' the prime minister said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-poor-job-prospects-turn-radical-groups.html

=============================

I personally don't buy the argument at all that Muslims of Europe turning to religious extremism and Jihad because of poor job prospects / poor living conditions, etc. That's a lame excuse. 3/4th of World's population live in far worst condition compared to Europe, why this problem is so widespread within one religious community? Introspect...

Noted. I absorbed it into the sponge that my mind and brain are at times like these.
This is indeed an excellent article and i wont forget a word of it..
I'm going to re-read this article a few times to make sure i don't forget anything said in this article.

see also
and the playlist index for that video (made by me Rene AJM Veerman aka peacefan at defence.pk/forums and vredefan at forums.marokko.nl) can be found at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLN9FZ3ijwb1HT1m7lI5qrVO6hEbsZOZWo
EDIT: sorry, i posted the wrong playlist's URL (website address).. But hey, i'm only human and make mistakes too sometimes..

i emailed my largest emailing list (USA + Israeli + Netherlands' governments AND massmedia outlets in The Netherlands and USA) about (almost) everything that i posted or read on this beautiful forum defence.pk/forums.
Certain link-in posts were also made to the "tea-lounge" subforum on forums.marokko.nl , for instance : http://forums.marokko.nl/showthread.php?t=5489141

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom