What's new

General Zia ul Haq Shaheed's rare video of funeral

It was still a very real possibility at that time, none the less. And what options did the GoP had if the theory were to be tested and threat of Soviet invasion loomed? India was already their most dependable partner, China was too weak and we did not stand a chance!

As somebody has said very well, up there, that we are an extremely ungrateful people. And a massive majority of us are extremely ignorant and supremely gullible, either because of our basic political or ethnic/sect based instincts.

Soviets invaded in 1979. USA entered in Afghan war during some where around 1982-83. By then it was amply clear Soviets were not interested in entering Pakistan.

Soviets invaded in 1979. USA entered in Afghan war during some where around 1982-83. By then it was amply clear Soviets were not interested in entering Pakistan.

You mean that the Soviet should have continued on to March towards Islamabad even when their control over Afghanistan wasn't established yet? Seriously??

You mean that the Soviet should have continued on to March towards Islamabad even when their control over Afghanistan wasn't established yet? Seriously??

Between 1979 and 1982 they were consolidating their gains in Afghanistan.

I remember it was a huge drama as a Saint had died he was just a dictator changed the country for worse . Economy went down the drain

Between 1979 and 1982 they were consolidating their gains in Afghanistan.

In other words, they were still trying to establish their writ.......and you thought that they would have continued to march on to Islamabad if they had those intentions, instead of the fact that the aggressor has to consolidate/establish control over it's transport lines, reinforcements and supplies before it can actually continue on with its endeavour. Or did you think that the Russians had forgotten precisely what they had done to Hitler's forces to beat them at Kremlin??

Ayoub is by far the best leader Pakistan has ever had. Zia is arguably the worst.

PS: When did this spawn of hell become a "shaheed"? He didn't give his life for Pakistan. He actually died in a plane crash lol. Not every Tom, Dick and Harry is a shaheed. Pakistanis are still paying for his policies of making non-state terrorist gangs and selling the country's madrassahs to Saudis. He was a delusional man, who believed he was an Arab. I hope he went to hell.

It is not you to decide who will be shaheed and who is not. Mind your own business

I think Zia made Army better. I've met retired officers that served during 70s, 80s and i've met presently serving officers. I get the impression that PA is better today than it was before. Officers from before Zia's time are not that smart tbh.

Pakistanis must not forget the general's words when it comes to their asli aukaat:

"If we are not Muslims, what are we? 2nd rate Indians?"

Glad this great general hand the visiont to see Pakistanis as their true worth is: 2nd rate Indians :yahoo:

that was a completely unnecessary post, what are you doing here on PDF?

How many go to the grave of Quid-e-Azam, who gave Pakistanis a homeland? How many go to the grave of Ayub Khan who gave Pakistan a firm industrial foundation? Pakistanis are most thankless people who appear to have no memory of their past.

perhaps we can speak in terms of specifics and not generalities.

The man who turned Pakistan into a fascist and intolerant place to live. Keep crying.

Can today's Pakistan's super doper champions can do this

The representative of India Today has included the comments of Rajeev Gandhi’s special advisor “Behramnam” in his article on Zia ul Haq visit to India. He quotes;

“General Zia-ul-Haq arrived in Delhi for cricket match as a spectator without any invitation. At that time Rajeev Gandhi was not ready to meet him at the airport. Indian troops were waiting for the PM’s orders on the Rajasthan sector to invade into Pakistani territory. In such situation it was improper to meet General Zia-ul-Haq. But opposition leaders and cabinet members were of the view that if arrived Pakistani leader has arrived in delhi without any invitation (from here he had to departure for Chennai for cricket match), it will against diplomatic values not to meet him and will cause misunderstanding about Indian leadership on the international level. On our demand Rajeev Gandhi got ready to go to Delhi airport, he coldly shaked hands with General Zia-ul-Haq without making any eye contact. Rajeev said to me, “General has to go to Chennai for cricket match, so accompany him and take care of him”. Bhagwan knows how strong was that man, in spite of insulting behavior of Gandhi, Zia kept smiling.
Before departure for Chennai General Zia-ul-Haq while saying good bye to Gandhi said, “Mr. Rajeev you want to attack Pakistan, do it. But keep in mind after this world will forget Hilaku Khan and Changez Khan and will remember only Zia-ul-Haq and Rajeev Gandhi. Because this will not be conventional war but nuclear war. Possibly whole Pakistan might be destroyed in this was but Muslims will be still there, however after destruction of India, Hinduism will be vanished”. In spite of cold drops of perspiration were visible on Gandhi’s forehead. I felt sensation in my backbone. These were only few moments when Zia-ul-Haq looked a dangerous man, his face was stern his eyes showed that he will do whatever he is saying no matter whole sub continent is burnt to ashes in nuclear war. I was astonished, after warning, in the blink of eye Zia-ul-Haq brought his smile; he warmly shook hands with other hosts. Except me and Rajeev Gandhi no one was aware that Zia-ul-Haq looking very happy and in light mood has created trouble for Indian PM by threatening him of nuclear war”.

Source: What happened between Zia and Rajiv Gandhi

Last edited:
It is not you to decide who will be shaheed and who is not. Mind your own business

I just questioned him getting called a "shaheed", in other words, a martyr. You might as well declare people dying from cancer as shaheeds too, if you follow this criteria. This guy died a natural death. No martyrdom was involved. In Pakistan, everyone becomes a shaheed even if that someone is the biggest scumbag in the history.

I just questioned him getting called a "shaheed", in other words, a martyr. You might as well declare people dying from cancer as shaheeds too, if you follow this criteria. This guy died a natural death. No martyrdom was involved. In Pakistan, everyone becomes a shaheed even if that someone is the biggest scumbag in the history.

In any kind of incident if someone die, he or she will be Shaheed or Martyr

Last edited:
How many go to the grave of Quid-e-Azam, who gave Pakistanis a homeland? How many go to the grave of Ayub Khan who gave Pakistan a firm industrial foundation? Pakistanis are most thankless people who appear to have no memory of their past.[/

Sir, Zia was the worst dictator we had in Pakistan. He may be a good human being but a worst ruler. He laid the foundation of current Pakistan where we r living in now.

Pakistanis must not forget the general's words when it comes to their asli aukaat:

"If we are not Muslims, what are we? 2nd rate Indians?"

Glad this great general hand the visiont to see Pakistanis as their true worth is: 2nd rate Indians :yahoo:
Post rated negative due to offending Pakistani nation. @Horus

Shut up 2nd rate Indian, thats not how you talk to your master.

Dont quote me as my dharam gets bhrasht when quoted by 2nd class likes of you.
Then don't you dare to visit this forum ever again as it is related to second rated Muslims.We don't need your third class contributions.
Regards

Sir, Zia was the worst dictator we had in Pakistan. He may be a good human being but a worst ruler. He laid the foundation of current Pakistan where we r living in now.

And past 35 year's we are not capable to correct it. What a lame excuse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom