Status
Not open for further replies.

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
4jdpu.jpg

ISLAMABAD - Four corps commanders and director general ISI are going to retire during the next three months and Lt Gen Naseer Janjua is being considered a strong contender for the top post of premier intelligence agency, The Nation has learnt.
According to the seniority list, five lieutenant generals are scheduled to be retired within next 90 days and the name of the outgoing generals are Corp Commander Mangla Tariq Khan, DG Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Lt Gen Zaheer Ul Islam, Corp Commander Gujranwala Saleem Nawaz, Corp Commander Peshawar Khalid Rabbani and Corp Commander Karachi Sajjad Ghani.
According to the sources, Corp Commander Quetta Lt Gen Naseer Janjua is being considered as a strong candidate for the post of DG ISI after the retirement of the incumbent ISI chief. His previous carrier has made him the most favourite for this post. While Corp Commander Lahore Naveed Zaman is another strong candidate for the slot of DG ISI.
According to intelligence sources, Maj Gen Arif Warriach, who has previously served as DDG Internal in ISI, was the most favourite choice of military leadership but he has still not got the promotion as lieutenant general. Now he is on the number 82 in the seniority list.
The military sources said that the slot of Corp Commander Peshawar is much significant due to operation Zarb-e-Azb and Pak-Afghan border situation. Name of Lt Gen Ishfaq Nadeem, Lt Gen Javed Iqbal Ramdey, Maj Gen Razwan Akhtar, Maj Gen Hilal Hussain and Maj Gen Nadir Zaib are seriously under consideration for the position of corps commander Peshawar. The only criterion for this slot is an officer who had served previously on the western border.
According to the seniority list, other nine senior lieutenant generals will retire in 2015 during the tenure of Gen Raheel Sharif who will retire on November 2016.
The posting of DG ISI is the first significant appointment, which will take place within the army during the period of General Raheel Sharif as COAS. Although the prime minister will appoint the DG ISI yet it would be made with the consultation of Chief of Army Staff Gen Raheel Sharif.
It would be the COAS who will give the list of three lieutenant generals to PM to appoint anyone for the said slot. It would also reflect the mind of General Raheel Sharif towards his future ambitions.
The tradition of the army is that every new COAS used to get appoint his new DG ISI and according to official sources the Nawaz government had requested General Raheel Sahrif that the incumbent DG ISI should be allowed to complete his tenure as DG ISI. Former COAS General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani had appointed General Zaheerul Islam on the recommendation of Gen Ahmad Shuja Pasha.
After the retirement of five lieutenant generals, new DG ISI and four corps commanders will be brought in the top hierarchy of army that will more strengthen the COAS for the promotions of senior officers.

General Janjua may be next ISI DG

Lets hope he screws this one up too.

General Janjua is a highly competent officer, his appointment as DGISI, will be a death sentence to Indian terrorism in Balochistan. He has solid counter cold start doctrine experience through Azam-e-Nau as well as, solid COIN experience from Swat op under his belt.

DSC_2777.jpg

Last edited:
Saaray DG ISI Janjuay hee banane hain kiya? General Zaheer is also a Janjua.

Generals are promoted according to seniority/CV. Everyone doesn't see things in a racist light as you do.

Lol how am I a racist? I'm a rajput myself so it would be stupid for me to be racist towards these Janjuas lol. As for my comment. Well, it gives fuel to all those "Punjab army" type people if we keep on giving all the top posts to Punjabis. You might not see things in such light, but I believe most people in Pakistan do.

PS: The federal government is also accused of being "Punjabi". So hence that's what I meant. And no doubt he's a good general.

Lol how am I a racist? I'm a rajput myself so it would be stupid for me to be racist towards these Janjuas lol. As for my comment. Well, it gives fuel to all those "Punjab army" type people if we keep on giving all the top posts to Punjabis. You might not see things in such light, but I believe most people in Pakistan do.

PS: The federal government is also accused of being "Punjabi". So hence that's what I meant. And no doubt he's a good general.

I didn't say you were a racist, if you think you are, well thats your own problem.

The posts in the Armed Forces are not handed out because of ethnicity or other bullshit classifications but merit and seniority. Its not politics that you can hand out 85 positions to your family ;)

4jdpu.jpg

ISLAMABAD - Four corps commanders and director general ISI are going to retire during the next three months and Lt Gen Naseer Janjua is being considered a strong contender for the top post of premier intelligence agency, The Nation has learnt.
According to the seniority list, five lieutenant generals are scheduled to be retired within next 90 days and the name of the outgoing generals are Corp Commander Mangla Tariq Khan, DG Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Lt Gen Zaheer Ul Islam, Corp Commander Gujranwala Saleem Nawaz, Corp Commander Peshawar Khalid Rabbani and Corp Commander Karachi Sajjad Ghani.
According to the sources, Corp Commander Quetta Lt Gen Naseer Janjua is being considered as a strong candidate for the post of DG ISI after the retirement of the incumbent ISI chief. His previous carrier has made him the most favourite for this post. While Corp Commander Lahore Naveed Zaman is another strong candidate for the slot of DG ISI.
According to intelligence sources, Maj Gen Arif Warriach, who has previously served as DDG Internal in ISI, was the most favourite choice of military leadership but he has still not got the promotion as lieutenant general. Now he is on the number 82 in the seniority list.
The military sources said that the slot of Corp Commander Peshawar is much significant due to operation Zarb-e-Azb and Pak-Afghan border situation. Name of Lt Gen Ishfaq Nadeem, Lt Gen Javed Iqbal Ramdey, Maj Gen Razwan Akhtar, Maj Gen Hilal Hussain and Maj Gen Nadir Zaib are seriously under consideration for the position of corps commander Peshawar. The only criterion for this slot is an officer who had served previously on the western border.
According to the seniority list, other nine senior lieutenant generals will retire in 2015 during the tenure of Gen Raheel Sharif who will retire on November 2016.
The posting of DG ISI is the first significant appointment, which will take place within the army during the period of General Raheel Sharif as COAS. Although the prime minister will appoint the DG ISI yet it would be made with the consultation of Chief of Army Staff Gen Raheel Sharif.
It would be the COAS who will give the list of three lieutenant generals to PM to appoint anyone for the said slot. It would also reflect the mind of General Raheel Sharif towards his future ambitions.
The tradition of the army is that every new COAS used to get appoint his new DG ISI and according to official sources the Nawaz government had requested General Raheel Sahrif that the incumbent DG ISI should be allowed to complete his tenure as DG ISI. Former COAS General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani had appointed General Zaheerul Islam on the recommendation of Gen Ahmad Shuja Pasha.
After the retirement of five lieutenant generals, new DG ISI and four corps commanders will be brought in the top hierarchy of army that will more strengthen the COAS for the promotions of senior officers.

General Janjua may be next ISI DG
@Aeronaut He would retire next year I don't think so he would next DG

I didn't say you were a racist, if you think you are, well thats your own problem.

The posts in the Armed Forces are not handed out because of ethnicity or other bullshit classifications but merit and seniority. Its not politics that you can hand out 85 positions to your family ;)

He's a very distinguished general, but unfortunately Pakistan's enemies exploit the nationalist feelings of Pakistanis. The Afghans have already started exploiting IDPs feelings. They frequently propagate their "Punjabi establishment war against tribals" propaganda. In my opinion, a tribal Pakhtun would be a good candidate for DG ISI. The educated Pakhtuns tend to hate these Talibans with a passion and it would be good to have one. But just my opinion.

@Aeronaut He would retire next year I don't think so he would next DG

You have a point there. He's commanding SOUTHCOM, therefore he maybe due for retirement too, unless he's getting an extension which won't be happening as long as Gen Sharif is there. He'll perhaps pull a fresh one out of the oven.

He's a very distinguished general, but unfortunately Pakistan's enemies exploit the nationalist feelings of Pakistanis. The Afghans have already started exploiting IDPs feelings. They frequently propagate their "Punjabi establishment war against tribals" propaganda. In my opinion, a tribal Pakhtun would be a good candidate for DG ISI. The educated Pakhtuns tend to hate these Talibans with a passion and it would be good to have one. But just my opinion.

Believe in yourself.

There are no patriotic pukhtoons and non patriotic pukhtoons, just like there are no such punjabis. Most of these people have slayed Pakistan's enemies and have perished in the process. One of my own friend, a fine Yousafzai is currently busy culling the Kharji dogs in Waziristan. I don't have the license to question their loyalty, no one does, just like no one questions Punjabis or Sindhis or Balochis.

You have a point there. He's commanding SOUTHCOM, therefore he maybe due for retirement too, unless he's getting an extension which won't be happening as long as Gen Sharif is there. He'll perhaps pull a fresh one out of the oven.
It has to be some Major General who gets promoted and becomes ISI head

I would strongly wish to see him our DG ISI .....It will be the end of terrorism in Baluchistan !

I would strongly wish to see him our DG ISI .....It will be the end of terrorism in Baluchistan !
He would retire next year so not much chance

Typically, someone appointed to that post should automatically get a 2 year term. Irrespective of whether the chap is retiring or not.

It has to be some Major General who gets promoted and becomes ISI head

We may have following candidates.

• Major General Naveed Ahmed
  • Maj Gen Sohail Abbas Zaidi
  • Maj Gen Rizwan Akhtar
  • Maj Gen Shehzad Sikander
  • Maj Gen Mian Hilal Hussain
  • Maj Gen Naveed Mukhtar
Major General, Naveed Ahmed and Maj Gen Naveed Mukhtar are my personal hunch, given their past experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom