What's new

Gen Jacob invited to Dhaka

Avisheik

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The government has invited former chief of staff of the eastern command of the Indian army Lt Gen (retd) JFR Jacob to join in the 41st anniversary of the Independence and National Day of Bangladesh.

A competent source of the foreign ministry told this to banglanews on Monday.

In the invitation letter, Jacob was requested to witness the Independence and National Day programmes to be held at National Parade Square on March 26 in Dhaka staying here from March 24 to 27.

In the meantime, Bangladesh High Commission in New Delhi, India, has reached the invitation letter to Jacob, sources said.

Former Indian army officer Lt Gen (Retd) JFR Jacob had taken part in the Independence War of Bangladesh in 1971.

He was the mastermind of implementing the surrender programme by Pakistani military to the joint forces of Bangladesh’s Liberation War at Race Course Maidan now at Suhrawardi Udyan in Dhaka.

Born in 1921, Jacob’s ancestors came to Kolkata of India from Baghdad city of Iraq.

In 1997, he wrote a book entitling ‘Surrender at Dhaka’ on many issues, including the Liberation War of Bangladesh

Jacob is a zionist clown, he is also a glory hunting attention sissy. I have no respect for this pig. He is a manekshaw wannabe, he tried taking credit for the 1971 war after the death of the great manekshaw and general aurora.

Why are you worked up on that when even we dont mind..? And mind your words calling a former Indian gen a pig. Post reported.

Why are you worked up on that when even we dont mind..? And mind your words calling a former Indian gen a pig. Post reported.

I guess you are not familiar with the term freedom of speech and expressing one's political view.

IAF chief, then Tripura minister, Then Jacob all are coming to Bangladesh..... Why Sonia, MMS, rajiv, Priya, borun, mamata, shahrukh khan, Kolaveri di singer are left? Invite them also.... Dekhe m0n ta juray jaak, aha modhu!

ok does that mean another military parade just after four months?

It is written in the 1st post that programme will be held in National parade ground. Normally display of school kids is done in Bangabandhu stadium

This old fart is disliked by all freedom-fighters because of trying to steal from the great soldier Arora what is due to the commander. But he has befriended BAL people with sweet oily words. He should be banned in BD as has been done by some in his home country. All, repeat all, credit for the Joint Forces victory must go to Gen Arora who, unfortunately, has not received due recognition in his own country. Yes, Indira, Tajuddin, Manekshaw and Osmani can all take credit. But the true victor was Jagjit Singh Araora. This Jacob guy, full of airs, was a staff officer required to write out / pass on all orders received from his commander Arora. No decision was ever made by Jacob. He could not have. The system does not permit this.

Gen. Manekshaw was the brilliant one, he was just another wannabe.aazidane bhai said the right thing.

It is written in the 1st post that programme will be held in National parade ground. Normally display of school kids is done in Bangabandhu stadium

Then i am not sure about it :confused: .

Please post the videos of the program " 41st anniversary of the Independence and National Day of Bangladesh." Why March? AFAIK Bangladeshi got there freedom on 16th december..

I really hate this BAL India love affair. This coziness with india will turn out to be disastrous for the people. These same Indian
troops looted and plundered BD after 71.:hitwall:

I really hate this BAL India love affair. This coziness with india will turn out to be disastrous for the people. These same Indian troops looted and plundered BD after 71.:hitwall:

That is your version of story, may be told by some anti Indian element. Or may be some conspiracy theory coined by some insane mullah. Or may be it is true, some Indian would have stolen some things from BD houses. But blaming entire indian army shows, how much you are influenced by Mullah Brigade.

If you hate BAL, hate them not us. No matter it is BAL in BD or not, our relation with BD will be same. You hate BAL, You hate Hasina, you hate your govt hate them, Not us. Stop being paranoid and obnoxious, don't blame India for all ur problems.

Since last couple of month I have seen a trend of my BD brothers (God knows who are they),
a) Abuse/Blame India.
b) redirect there BAL hate towards India.
c) Defend China and Pakistan

I know only one thing, bunch of kids like you will not change the Indo-BD relation. Our relation is based on mutual benefit. We are natural and equal ally.

it is true what india did BAL too much giving all the credit to them like they did everything that we didn't fight to liberate the country

Back
Top Bottom