What's new

Gen Hamid Gul: Put me on trial for forming IJI

Pakistan has to grant Hamid Gul's wish and put him on trial. Then read him the Pakistani Constitution that army interference in political process is illegal.

Pakistan has to grant Hamid Gul's wish and put him on trial. Then read him the Pakistani Constitution that army interference in political process is illegal.

What will Pakistan do when General Hamid Gul quotes General Zia-ul-Haq's famous words?

“What is the Constitution? Just a piece of paper, which I can tear apart and throw away anytime!"

Hamid Gul has been off his rocker for a while.

Not at all.

He is still a fully functioning piece on the chess board: witness his role in creating Difa-e-Pakistan Council with the blessing of the deep establishment to whip up anti-US mania according to needs.

PPP wanted to shut down Pakistan's nuclear program. Benazir asked Rajiv Gandhi to bring Indian army on Pakistan border to force a political change in her favor.

12_nov_bbs_letter-cropped1.jpg

Still our people believes in PPP traitors along with Sharif Brothers. we all accept that Pervaiz Musharaf did lot of mistakes but he was loyal to his country and a true patriot.

Still our people believes in PPP traitors along with Sharif Brothers. we all accept that Pervaiz Musharaf did lot of mistakes but he was loyal to his country and a true patriot.

That letter is a FAKE.

Hameed Gul: Modern face of terrorism. Lots of proof of his involvement in 9/11 attacks.

Hameed Gul: Modern face of terrorism. Lots of proof of his involvement in 9/11 attacks.

It is important to keep the General with his name since he earned that right fair and square: General Hameed Gul.

It is important to keep the General with his name since he earned that right fair and square: General Hameed Gul.

VCheng, If ranks can bring respect to man then gaddafi, Saddam Hussain, Hitler and Zia will be most respected men in the world. About Hameed Gul, you know his reputation in the rest of the world. Arn't you!

VCheng, If ranks can bring respect to man then gaddafi, Saddam Hussain, Hitler and Zia will be most respected men in the world. About Hameed Gul, you know his reputation in the rest of the world. Arn't you!

A rank is a rank, fair and square.

Gen Hameed Gul is one of many Generals who have a lot to answer for. It is important to keep that association.

Whenever I listen to Pakistan army generals like Zia, Musharraf, Hamid Gul, Jamshed Kyani and co, I always find it hard to decide whether these people are just naive or plain stupid. These guys live in a parallel world where irrationality, pomposity, lying, cheating, stupidity and incompetency seem to be the most sought-after attributes.

B. Russell must be talking about the people like these men when he said that, "the whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”

Another General, Asad Durrani, says a few words about distributing money and forming IJI, but it must be "okay" since it is all for national interests, as defined by them, of course:

from: Rs70 million distributed to politicians: Asad Durrani - geo.tv

Rs70 million distributed to politicians: Asad Durrani

November 09, 2012 - Updated 1817 PKT

ISLAMABAD: Former ISI chief Asad Durrani said Rs140 million were collected for politicians, out of which Rs 70 million were distributed while the rest went into the ISI’s fund.

Durrani said this while talking to senior journalist/anchor/columnist Salim Safi in Geo News programme "Jirga".

To a question he said that was not aware of the funds being collected and was informed by the then army chief General (Retd) Aslam Beg.

“I would receive instructions from the President House and sometimes form General Beg regarding how much money should be given to which politician,” Durrani said.

The former ISI chief was speaking in reference to the Asghar Khan case in which the Supreme Court had ruled that the 1990 elections were rigged and action should be taken against Durrani and Beg for bankrolling politicians against Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP).

He also alleged that corps commanders meetings held under the chair of then chief of the army staff Gen (Retd) Aslam Beg regularly reviewed the different stages of "formation" and later the "performance" of Islami Jamhoori Ittehad (IJI) back in the day.

During the interview he denied calling late Benazir Bhutto a security risk.

"I never said at any point during my tenure as DG ISI that Benazir Bhutto was security risk," said Durrani.

To a question, he said late BB once herself admitted to helping India against the Khalistan movement, but in the same breath he refused to confirm whether Aitzaz Ahsan handed over the lists of the names of Sikh fighters to New Delhi.

On Muttahida Qaumi Movement (Haqiqi), he rejected the notion that this faction was ISI's brainchild.

He was also dismissive of his presence in the central executive committee meetings of Pakistan Peoples Party at any point in time while he held the office of DG ISI.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom