whose policies were better for Pakistan

• Gen ayub khan

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Gen Zia-ul-Haq

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Gen Pervaiz Musharaf

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters
WTF, so you think a person who came out of the prison can be good leader? or a Jagidar/wadera can be good leader? or a Businessman?

Leader ship requires these things,
1) Command And control
2) Management Skills,
3) Communication Skills
4) Decision Making
5) Deciplain
6) Uniting the people, team skills
7) & most important Patriotism.

if we compare all leaders of pakistan, and think about above qualities, we get the idea all three army chiefs were far far better then those who came through democratic way.

fracker

i appreciate your opinion but instead of comparing democracy with dictatorship, please discuss the policies of the 3 generals/former presidents of pakistan. it will be appropraite to the thread as well as will generate healthy discussion/comments/points.

thank you

regards

sincerely

IMO Ayub Khan first 8 years were very good, only black mark being the antics of his sons. Musharraf's first three years were also good. However, CMLA (Cancel my last announcement) Zia was always a bigot and it is because of his hypocritical Islamization policies that Pakistan finds herself in the terrible mess today.

Zia had very little regard for the constitution or the judiciary. However I still see some posts praising him, I would say “every one to his taste”.

IMO Ayub Khan first 8 years were very good, only black mark being the antics of his sons. Musharraf's first three years were also good. However, CMLA (Cancel my last announcement) Zia was always a bigot and it is because of his hypocritical Islamization policies that Pakistan finds herself in the terrible mess today.

Zia had very little regard for the constitution or the judiciary. However I still see some posts praising him, I would say “every one to his taste”.

so your vote to gen ayub or gen musharaf?

anyways, thank you for your participation, appreciate it.

regards

so your vote to gen ayub or gen musharaf?

anyways, thank you for your participation, appreciate it.

regards

I would not vote for any military dictator. However, looking at the economy of Pakistan with a cool head; one would conclude that Pakistan has economically fared better under military rule than under the politicians.

ayub khan was 'secular' in his approach and he genuinely wanted the country to prosper, and his 'ten-year' development plans laid the foundation for our country's progress - this we cannot deny (we may not agree with the way he took the power in his hands).

zia was 'religious' and he used 'religion' to perpetuate his rule (supported by the US/S.Arabia) due to the 'good war' against the 'infidels' - unfortunately there was no 'exit strategy' and we are 'reaping' the seeds sowed by us.

musharraf was also 'secular' in his outlook, but the effect of the 'zia years' over-whelmed him. he had bad advisors and the 'commando' shd not have listened to them!

Musharif by far is the greatest tactician Pakistani Army has ever produced....

Argubly the best strategist , and thinker

He managed to take Pakistani Army in time when we were bogged down with sanction and old planes, and managed to woooooo - every one he met in forigne relatios he was frank and person who had a CAN DO attitude...

China - Pakistan relations went to the NEXT level under him , also Pakistan was made Non Nato Ally as well.

His colleagues managed to Cut down pakistai deficits and also Pakistani Economy Telecom / IT sector florioshed under him and his team...

If there was no War on Terror I am sure he would have done 2000% more for his country....

Also he laid dow foundation of secular thinkig in our nation - really the guy was geious... how many Paksitani Presidents have ever visited American leader on his ranch???

A very logical thinker - and secular

Zia was - like - uselss -just went to war with russia for penust ., all we got underhim were immigrants and refugees it was the refugee era

Ayub ?? I am ot familiar with his achivemets -

Musharif Sahib single handedly took pakistan in right direction to be the next Malasia

I hope he comes back to lead nation one more time in civil uniform, with collaboratio with Imran Khan - it would be an ideal solution for our country

Last edited:
I would not vote for any military dictator. However, looking at the economy of Pakistan with a cool head; one would conclude that Pakistan has economically fared better under military rule than under the politicians.

i am not comparing or saying that dictators are better than democartically selected head of states in this thread and moreover, i am not requesting you/anyone to vote for a dictator. my point is whose polices are better? the question is of policies.

anyways thank you for your opinion and participation but if you please participate in the poll, i will be more obliged.

thanks in advance

regards

Of jointly considering the spans of Military and Civil rules, Gen. Ayub's era was Golden for Pakistan.

His right to rule is not justifiable at any cost.

KIT Out

Anyone who can keep out likes of Fatima Ali Jinna from becoming prime minister does not deserves to be recognized it started the whole metality that civilian gov are not suited

Army has a role , and that role is defence not gov civilian instituties

Anyone who can keep out likes of Fatima Ali Jinna from becoming prime minister does not deserves to be recognized it started the whole metality that civilian gov are not suited

Army has a role , and that role is defence not gov civilian instituties

dear friend

Absolutely right, army has the role of defence and should not indulge in govt/civilian institutes. there is no question about it.:tup:

But who keep whom out and who killed who is also not a question here. the question is about the policies of the 3 generals in comparision to each other. please can you compare the mention 3 generals and vote for the one with better policies as per your opinion.

Thank you in advance

regards

SO,

After 101 posts and about a week, have you arrived at a conclusion ?

SO,

After 101 posts and about a week, have you arrived at a conclusion ?

it is difficult to conclude anything from the poll results till now. may be after some more participation by our members i would be able to tell whose policies were better for the country.

If i have to conclude from these results (although not possible), it will be:

1. the policies by Gen Ayub and Gen musharaf were better than Gen Zia.

2. Moreover, policies of both Gen ayub and Gen musharaf are appreciated by our members to the same extent (approx).

3. But, from the participation/comments in the polls showed that the members did not favor the generals as head of the country nor their policies, hence tried to avoid voting/participation.

that is going to be my conclusion from the poll results till now. please feel free to add more to the conclusions, if i missed any point.

Regards

It would not really be right for me to say because I wasènt born at the time of their birth... But Musharraf was under rated I would say. When you have corrupt politicians fools and psychopaths fighting over their selfish interests thats when u really feel it.

I also feel Zia has been made a scapegoat today for all the mistakes we made in the past. This is not entirely a right portrayal

Back
Top Bottom