What's new

GE to work with India for cost-effective nuclear energy

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

Global Energy major General Electric Hitachi(GEH) said it remains committed to working with India to help it realise the tremendous potential of clean, safe and cost-effective nuclear energy.

Congratulating Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and US President Barack Obama, senior vice president of nuclear plant projects at the GE unit, Daniel L Roderick, told PTI, "We appreciate the efforts of both governments (America and India) to establish a basis for civil nuclear cooperation and the path forward set forth in the joint statement." "GEH is committed to working with India to help it realise the tremendous potential of clean, safe and cost-effective nuclear energy," Roderick said.

Meanwhile, veteran US nuclear businessmen are of the opinion that negotiations with GEH and Westinghouse-Toshiba will now begin in earnest.

"Both GEH and Westinghouse tried their best to go for a 'perfect deal'(change the Indian Civil Liability Law) before Obama's India visit, but now they know that it did not happen and will not happen," they said.

"With that grounded reality they will try to get the next best closure with Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) and the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE)," they said adding eventually the deal will be made but it may take at least two years looking at the negotiations with the French company AREVA.

GE to work with India for cost-effective nuclear energy - Hindustan Times

Hindustan times... always twisting the truth.

GE jobs going to India , Who will be the unlucky ones to lose their jobs in US for Indians

GE is actually getting a business. Its not that an existing project is transferred..

And the new project will also involve US citizens as GE is not run by Indians .

oh! the concern you bear for them.
here you are:
Obama arrives, gets over 50,000 jobs - NDTV Profit

These jobs are created with project and ends with production completion but permanent jobs like data processing (IT), accounting , Customer services etc are all out sourced and I think US colleges should stop offering courses to young students in which all the jobs are stolen out of US.

GE jobs going to India , Who will be the unlucky ones to lose their jobs in US for Indians

GE is the pioneer of business Process outsourcing to India. GE set up India's 1st BPO company called GECIS (GE capital International services) in 1997 which is today a $ 4 billion Market Cap independent company of which GE owns half a billion

So you can stow away the immature sarcasm.

I think u have some understanding problem

The news is about GE creating new facilities and avenues in India in nuclear business,and not transferring existing american business.

I am watching it,for the last some days some Pakistani's had found a new subject Indian's stealing American jobs,while maintaining complete silence about a much bigger thief.

These jobs are created with project and ends with production completion but permanent jobs like data processing , accounting , Customer services etc are all out sourced and I think US colleges should stop offering courses to young students in which all the jobs are stolen out of US.

New businesses are better than no business at all.

Deals like commercial airlines deal, turbine engine deal, mining equipment deal and other deals are fully done in US of A.. And the customer service is not by callcenters but by technicians from american companies.

could u please elaborate what is the truth and what is the twist

How dare you question the limitless wisdom of an "Elite Member"?:eek:

He can read what hindustan times has added on it's own (though almost entire news is made up of direct quotes;)) while you, a mere mortal, cannot!:angel:

Global Energy major General Electric Hitachi(GEH) said it remains committed to working with India to help it realise the tremendous potential of clean, safe and cost-effective nuclear energy.

Congratulating Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and US President Barack Obama, senior vice president of nuclear plant projects at the GE unit, Daniel L Roderick, told PTI, "We appreciate the efforts of both governments (America and India) to establish a basis for civil nuclear cooperation and the path forward set forth in the joint statement." "GEH is committed to working with India to help it realise the tremendous potential of clean, safe and cost-effective nuclear energy," Roderick said.

Meanwhile, veteran US nuclear businessmen are of the opinion that negotiations with GEH and Westinghouse-Toshiba will now begin in earnest.

"Both GEH and Westinghouse tried their best to go for a 'perfect deal'(change the Indian Civil Liability Law) before Obama's India visit, but now they know that it did not happen and will not happen," they said.

"With that grounded reality they will try to get the next best closure with Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) and the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE)," they said adding eventually the deal will be made but it may take at least two years looking at the negotiations with the French company AREVA.

GE to work with India for cost-effective nuclear energy - Hindustan Times

This is what I posted in September

^ Obama visiting in Nov. My contacts in GE tell me that Jeff Immelt (CEO GE)may accompany him. Big talks on Nuclear energy on the anvil

:) :):cheers:

I think u have some understanding problem

The news is about GE creating new facilities and avenues in India in nuclear business,and not transferring existing american business.

I am watching it,for the last some days some Pakistani's had found a new subject Indian's stealing American jobs,while maintaining complete silence about a much bigger thief.

I think he wants to suggest the new reactors for India should be placed in US..:D

This is what I posted in September

:) :):cheers:

Can you use ur contact in GE to know if there is any plan for TVC engine from GE or what are the new developments on GE414 engines which can be expected??? Would be nice to get more info on that..

Back
Top Bottom