What's new

GDP Purchasing Power Parity 2014

This simply man that INR is highly undervalued. I foresee a great scope of appreciation in INR VS other currency. This also mean that investment is very very attractive in India. You can create almost 3.5 time asset out of same USD in India.

Kenya is only slightly ahead of Pakistan in gdp per capita. But anyone can be forgiven if they thought Kenya is poorer because blacks look poor even when they are rich.

Soo much racism!! Blacks look like they have swagger even when poor m8

India would use PPP figure to beg for a permanent seat in the UN. Of course, they will be laughed out the door....

Can you please distinguish between hindoos and Indians? hindoos are the one that want in soo badly because they've been disenfranchised for over 2500 years (since Ashoka unified India). The rest of us see India for the immense poverty that she is and are trying to better ourselves, tyvm.

do you want me to spoon feed you? lol, or in primitive India do people have this difficulties in general?
PPP in Indian's deluded wet dream :D

Read the above.

do you want me to spoon feed you? lol, or in primitive India do people have this difficulties in general?
PPP in Indian's deluded wet dream :D
As they say, chinese without chopstick goes hungry... time to go back to school..

6782923-ele.jpg

Cheap Baniya again looking for deals:lol:

Why does our BD and Pak friends think that being a Baniya is insult to us Indians?
clear.png

In fact, its a good thing to be a Baniya in india atleast.... you can save money and spend on lavish lifestyle..... I don't get it why you guys feel we will get offended by it?

Please say to me... pleasee...... Baniya Baniya.... Baniya....:flame::pop:

Why does our BD and Pak friends think that being a Baniya is insult to us Indians?
clear.png

In fact, its a good thing to be a Baniya in india atleast.... you can save money and spend on lavish lifestyle..... I don't get it why you guys feel we will get offended by it?

Please say to me... pleasee...... Baniya Baniya.... Baniya....:flame::pop:
Baniya ..means Merchant in Sanskrit.Mainly bankers ,money lenders and jewelers.

As they say, chinese without chopstick goes hungry... time to go back to school..
still havnt figured out where I said 'IMF is usless' in the thread? lol well```taking your pathetic national average IQ level into consideration and plus using bare hands to eat and wipe`` i rest my case :D

PPP makes no sense most of the time. Forget about it!

That's correct.

GDP is used to measure the value of economic activities in each country in its own currency, and when cross-country comparison is made then data are converted into a base currency (e.g. US$) at current market price. It is useful tool in gauging relative size of economies, trade situation, investment, debt, etc. Since its induction back in 1934, the concept has evolved and various approaches have been practiced, the latest universally agreed principles would be the SNA 2008.

When measuring purchasing power of individuals (per capita) especially in special demographic segments like the lower income groups or poverty (e.g. World Bank use $1.25-2/day per capita PPP-adjusted as poverty line), who have less chance of accessing the international market, their purchasing power will need to be adjusted to what they can actually purchase. The method of adjustment is hardly universal, considering that people are purchasing different commodities (e.g. food, clothing, housing) even in the lower income groups, and that in the intertwined supply chain people could be purchasing indirectly from the international market (e.g. energy).

It was not racism. What I said was rhetorical, philosophical and humorous at the same time. Even the simplest minds should've got the humor part atleast but as ive come to know over the last few years that Indians have a terrible sense of humor (a south indian making an attempt at a joke is painful to watch to say the least) so your reaction is not surprising.

Forget Rafales, the most important commodity in the world, oil, is bought and sold in USD. What would the Saudis say if one attempted to buy a barrel of oil for a handful of rupees weighted against the cost of consumer goods/services in India? They would tell you to get lost :rofl:

Hahaha Brilliant! You've hit the nail on Indians' foreheads, Super funny!
That may be the reason why Modi cant close the deal for the much scaled-down Rafale fighter jets with Hollande who is still debating against the Indians PPP theory for pricing.

Indians have to have a reality check on many of their bold claims
This is one example
French Fighter Jets Show Modi Can’t Make Everything in India - Bloomberg Business

images

"Chinese Opera"
Clay figurine Zhang - Tianjin

Last edited:

Can you please distinguish between hindoos and Indians? hindoos are the one that want in soo badly because they've been disenfranchised for over 2500 years (since Ashoka unified India). The rest of us see India for the immense poverty that she is and are trying to better ourselves, tyvm.

Read the above.

If you are not a Hindu, you are not welcome in India by the ruling regime.

It's that 'sympathy vote' India always gets.
So true. The Chinese ranking was a sympathy ranking for Indians. Another good example is using the Out of Africa theory where they say the human originated from Africa. all civilization at one point in time have contributed to mankind. Eg. Chinese with printing press, gun powder, etc. Muslim with invention of mathematics, etc. Blacks have no such contribution so they gave them the origin of mankind sympathy contribution.

Of course current science have already debunked this theory but it is still taught in liberal schools across the world.

:lol:

That's correct.

GDP is used to measure the value of economic activities in each country in its own currency, and when cross-country comparison is made then data are converted into a base currency (e.g. US$) at current market price. It is useful tool in gauging relative size of economies, trade situation, investment, debt, etc. Since its induction back in 1934, the concept has evolved and various approaches have been practiced, the latest universally agreed principles would be the SNA 2008.

When measuring purchasing power of individuals (per capita) especially in special demographic segments like the lower income groups or poverty (e.g. World Bank use $1.25-2/day per capita PPP-adjusted as poverty line), who have less chance of accessing the international market, their purchasing power will need to be adjusted to what they can actually purchase. The method of adjustment is hardly universal, considering that people are purchasing different commodities (e.g. food, clothing, housing) even in the lower income groups, and that in the intertwined supply chain people could be purchasing indirectly from the international market (e.g. energy).
Can we compare GDP between Wuhan to Shanghai based on PPP? It will make our number look better. $162 billion for 9 million people not good at all.

China shouldn't emphasize this self-content PPP to make Chinese delusional.
I don't think the Chinese government use PPP. In fact Chinese government downplayed China's economy when some western report said China is biggest world economy based on PPP. We are not ready yet as we trail the US by $7t and we have 3x the population of US.

Back
Top Bottom