What's new

Gaza-Israel Conflict | October 2023

1699656014602.png

As I said above, this conflict, especially if Hezbollah and other militias join, is worse than the 1948 war; that time, Israel had the military superiority and fighting conventional inferior trained/supplied forces was not big deal then and all subsequent conventional wars.
Article written by one of the Israel-firsters in America, BTW. They try to put on brave face but they are scared!! Oh Booo Hooo!!!
[Behind a paywall so posting some relevant parts here].

In Israel, There Is Grief and There Is Fury. Beneath the Fury, Fear.

The issue of Israel’s internally displaced people gets short shrift in most news accounts. But it’s central to the way in which Israelis perceive the war. There are now more than 150,000 Israelis — proportionately the equivalent of about 5.3 million Americans — who were forced out of their homes by the attacks of Oct. 7. Small cities like Sderot, near Gaza, and Kiryat Shmona, near Lebanon, are now mostly ghost towns and will remain that way if the government can’t secure its borders.

Should that happen, sizable parts of Israel’s already minuscule territory would become essentially uninhabitable. That, in turn, would mean the failure of the Jewish state to maintain a safe homeland, presaging the end of Zionism itself.
But while Israelis are still processing the horror from the south, the threat of war looms on every side. Around the world, too many people are showing their true colors when it comes to their feelings about Jews, and darkness in the West has made it feel colder in Israel.

A few days after my visit to Camp Iftach, I drove north to Metula, a picturesque Israeli village on a finger of land surrounded on three sides by Lebanon. Other than a handful of soldiers, it was mostly deserted; it would almost surely be captured by Hezbollah in the early hours of a full-scale conflict, which would make the Gaza front look like child’s play.
And then there’s the wider world. Vladimir Putin, whom Netanyahu did so much to court over more than a decade, has all but openly thrown his support behind Hamas, in part because of Russia’s deepening alliance with Hamas’s patrons in Iran. In China, state-run and social media have veered sharply into open antisemitism. In Turkey, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, with whom Israel had been engaged in a careful rapprochement, has reverted to Islamist form. “Hamas is not a terrorist organization,” he told members of his parliamentary group late last month, but a “mujahedeen liberation group struggling to protect its people and lands.”

Being called a bigot by our resident Gayreek Islamophobe who makes a living out of justifying Anglo-Zionist slaughter of Muslim women and children?
Where did I ever justfy ANGLO-ZIONIST CRIMES? Go on and find a post.

MY QUESTION IS WHY WASN'T HAMAS INVITED. ONCE AGAIN THE PUPPET PA IS BEING PARACHUTED INTO PALESTINE
The Saudi's hate Hamas, they want them eradicated. It was same with the muslim brotherhood in Egypt, they fear them because of what could happen to them and their hold on power, Its a game for the Kursi, abit like game of thrones.

Well Turkey is stuck in a catch 22 situation being a member of Nato and has a huge tourism industry as for Iran, Saudis have probably convinced them not to attack Isreal, but having said that situation could change very quick.
Yes Türkiye is in a tricky situation at present.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom