What's new

Gaza-Israel Conflict | October 2023

Netanyahu was politically weak and Hamas gave him war.

Yes, scores of Israeli soldiers, settlers , civilians being killed and increased the cost of retaliation for Israel. Including abduction of high value Israeli assets.

But at what cost? IDF will cut off basic supplies to Gaza, which it already has. I hope you guys know what it means. The Israelis, terrorism being their forte, would be sharpening their weapons and will have free license to commit massacre under the pretext of Hamas’s escalation.

Well in general conscription soldiers are less capable.
But Israel also seem to have a lot of young, party going type of soldiers/women soldiers who have not really seen battle??
The weak resistance and the large amount of surrendering soldiers definately dents Israel supersoldier image.
It is not just about conscription forces, many high-ranking Colonels and Commanders were neutralised in direct combat inside Israel with Hamas fighters.

You could have respectfully asked that question pages ago. Unfortunately after insulting non stop assuming who I stood with I don’t feel the need to discuss what needs to happen, but it sure isn’t start another war.
Because you're Zionist and oppressor supporter

Well, unless this is one big bluff, and Israel is really that incompetent and can't do what they set out to do, otherwise what israel was doing is setting this conflict in a long haul.

And if you depends on Israel going "Woke" to not being engage, I can say, well, you can probably better wishing tomorrow there is a coup in Israel and they deposed Netanyahu because of this mess, because that is more probable then Israel ceased to be a competent fighting force because they are "woke"
At the moment there is big possibility that freedom fighters reach west bank and ignite havoc there to, also they got pounded from north, it seems that shows lot of incompetence in occupier ranks, no doubt that once they gather mobilized troops they will reverse gains but also open new can of worms. Lot of calculations on table and one big disadvantage for occupiers is new tech gadgets for asimetric force that oppose them. They will get bloody nose to which is new for their collective pshyshe.

Iran has supplied the Palestinian resistance forces with rifles, rockets, ATGMs and everything else they need. Most importantly, they provide them with the means to become self-sufficient in the production of this equipment.

You think rifles, rocket and ATGM is enough to win a war? With that disproportionated power?

Well, then Ukraine can still survive after Russia attack using Rifles, Rockets and ATGM, maybe there is an outside chance

Russia has its own production facilities for licensed production of Shahed-136 UAVs inside Russia.

lol, does that supposed to mean anything? Again, to begin with, do you really think Iran can win an outright arm race with Israel? That's itself is the biggest question of all, and then you look at what Israeli make and what Iran made, and that is on top of anything the West is going to supply to Israel without any question. And you still think Russia is makign Iran Shahed drone would mean Iran can win an arm race with Israel

I mean, if you are Iranian, that may make sense (Which you mostly are), but I have no horse on this fight, and I don't think that's going to happen.

I think you have no idea about the size of the Iranian military industrial complex. It is many magnitudes larger than you imagine, and undoubtedly larger than Israel's.
Sure, it's just that Iran is not showing us the good stuff on the surface, As I said before, I don't do fantasy, if you think Iran help with Rifle, Rockets and ATGM can change the magnitude of this war, then......well, I will have to say most people don't share the same sentiment with you.

That's all I am gonna say on this topic.

US war machine is not participating in Ukraine war. Their dollars are.
Indeed. US has found a way to damage Russians without firing a shot. This is a strategical masterstroke of Biden administration.

US war machine is not participating in Ukraine war. Their dollars are.
There is already donor fatigue in USA with aid to Ukraine and now they have to ramp up aid to Israel. American politicians will move their focus on this war instead of Ukraine (kind of similar to Afghanistan being put on back burner to focus on Iraq). This will eventually have an effect on Ukraine-Russia war in Russia's favor.
I think Iran might have started this to help Russia but we will find out in near future.
Friction between Republicans and Democrats is a common theme - I am not surprised.

Ukraine has allies in Europe and have its own game and options:

Ukraine continues to produce battlefield effects:

People tend to forget that Russia has suffered heavy losses in Ukraine - it might be running out of options. Russia is not resourceful like US - not even close.

Israel does not need massive amounts of aid to fight a war.
IDF have its strengths that are not found in Ukraine.

People are getting over-excited on bad assumptions. This is my take on these developments for now.

Again, as I said before, you can believe that, or you can believe this is a ploy for Netanyahu to get what he wanted, a war in Gaza to divert all the attention toward the domestic problem.

And by the way, according to most source all but 3 settlement are already retaken, and it take them less than 48 hours to response. Hamas is facing THAT Israel force, not the one that may have dropped the ball or doing this intentionally.

Man I have to say, compared to videos l've seen before some of Hamas' troops seem really professional in their breaching tactics.
Who been training them, and how coordinated it was? The world is a such a shitshow right now. This has the potential to spiral out into something that cannot be controlled.

You think rifles, rocket and ATGM is enough to win a war? With that disproportionated power?
Where did I say this?
Again, to begin with, do you really think Iran can win an outright arm race with Israel?
Without massive US resupply efforts (as in 1973 after Israel took huge losses in the first days of the war), undoubtedly yes.

Sure, it's just that Iran is not showing us the good stuff on the surface, As I said before, I don't do fantasy, if you think Iran help with Rifle, Rockets and ATGM can change the magnitude of this war, then......well, I will have to say most people don't share the same sentiment with you.
Again, I never said this and I am not sure where you are getting this straw man from.

You asked: "can Iran really support them [Palestinians] when they are lending some serious support to Russia? I mean Iran is a capable to finance/support a war but then 2 wars at the same time". I answered yes by clarifying your misconceptions about the nature of Iran's dealings with Russia and the size of the Iranian MIC. Nowhere did I say Iran's military support to Palestinians could help them defeat Israel, that's a separate question.

At the moment there is big possibility that freedom fighters reach west bank and ignite havoc there to, also they got pounded from north, it seems that shows lot of incompetence in occupier ranks, no doubt that once they gather mobilized troops they will reverse gains but also open new can of worms. Lot of calculations on table and one big disadvantage for occupiers is new tech gadgets for asimetric force that oppose them. They will get bloody nose to which is new for their collective pshyshe.
At this moment those freedom fighter can go all the way to Tel Aviv and killed Netanyahu and have his head on a pickup by next week and parade thru the entire Palestinian land. Just how strong that probability was is the matter of issue here.

I mean sure, if everything goes HAMAS way then they can literally take Israel out of Gaza and probably even claim it back, but how likely it could be is another matter. All I am saying is Netanyahu is going to have this big war he wanted since 2010 and, now it can goes completely sideway, but as per previous data suggest, the one that's going to end up a bloody nose is going to be HAMAS and most likely the Palestinian themselves, as I said, I don't have affinity on either side, HAMAS can win or Israel can win for all I care, I comment on fact and figure and historical data, that's what Military Analyst do, I am not going to stop you to think otherwise.

So what the problem of Islamic slavery in Islam slaves were treated well unlike you treated slaves in inhuman ways
Time to enslave some brown/olive tanned muslims than?
I think 2 bottles of pork blood everyday are a good start then!
Well in general conscription soldiers are less capable.
But Israel also seem to have a lot of young, party going type of soldiers/women soldiers who have not really seen battle??
The weak resistance and the large amount of surrendering soldiers definately dents Israel supersoldier image.
Well, German and Japanese forces were conscript armies too. ^^
And objectivly seen, it took much effort to put them down.
It's best to have a large pool of good reserves, 1/3 or 1/4 of active are conscripts and the majority in active units should be professionals.

You could have respectfully asked that question pages ago. Unfortunately after insulting non stop assuming who I stood with I don’t feel the need to discuss what needs to happen, but it sure isn’t start another war.
Please, you must understand.

Have been years of humiliations for palestinian people and even the rest of the muslim world.

But I agree. The war it is a very bad news and Israel will take a high death toll in civilians again in very short term. But in long term this situation will end. Even Israel has no chance to maintain their dominance in this way.

Israel does not need massive amounts of aid to fight a war on the other hand
I disagree. After the last round of Israeli's attacks in Gaza, the US immediately started a massive Iron Dome resupply effort. This is in addition to the $4 billion of US taxpayer money that Israeli receives as a military aid every year. Remember the huge amount of US military equipment sent to Israel after the early days of huge losses by Israel in the 1973 war?

Israel does not have enough SAM interceptors to deal with sustained rocket fire from multiple fronts over multiple weeks. This is not a criticism of Israel, which has arguably the strongest AD system in the world, but a reality check.

Separately, you mentioned that Hamas had "outdone" Hezbollah in this conflict (by inflicting a greater number of casualties on Israel). Whilst I do not fully agree with the logic of the comparison (each conflict is driven by its own dynamics), you are right that the casualties inflicted by Hamas are historic. Case in point, Israeli channels are reporting that the Israeli death toll from these 2 days is likely to reach the total Israeli death toll in the 1967 "six days war" (776-983 Israelis killed).

Where did I say this?

So you are saying Iran supply those weapon to HAMAS so they can lose a war?

That's a quite funny concept, don't you think?
Without massive US resupply efforts (as in 1973 after Israel took huge losses in the first days of the war), undoubtedly yes.

First, the US is going to response, that's no doubt, They are going to let Israel have what they need this time as well.

On the other hand, even without that, it's naive to think Iran can outbuild the Israeli in term of military equipment. I just don't see the data that favor Iran, especially so when they are already knee deep in Russia with Ukraine.

I don't know, maybe if you can show me how or why Iran can outbuild the Israeli, and I may reconsider, otherwise my view is not going to change because of someone said something unsubstantiable

Again, I never said this and I am not sure where you are getting this straw man from.

You asked: "can Iran really support them [Palestinians] when they are lending some serious support to Russia? I mean Iran is a capable to finance/support a war but then 2 wars at the same time". I answered yes by clarifying your misconceptions about the nature of Iran's dealings with Russia and the size of the Iranian MIC. Nowhere did I say Iran's military support to Palestinians could help them defeat Israel, that's a separate question.

So again, are you saying Iran to provide all that support just so HAMAS can lose to Israel? I don't understand.

Indeed. US has found a way to damage Russians without firing a shot. This is a strategical masterstroke of Biden administration.
Please don´t forget they are day after day in the edge of Bankrupt. US are sealing their destiny as the Hegemon.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom