What's new

[Gallery] Iran - Iraq war

I find this thread sad just sad

it was a very bad time in history

other than the 1million dead what did both nations achieve

I find this thread sad just sad

it was a very bad time in history

other than the 1million dead what did both nations achieve

Iran defended its land from secularism, tyranny, tribalism (Arabism) and westernisation, against the odds. The Arabs experienced humiliation because they started this, fought an unjust war, yet ended up eating each other with the help of the same allies that were once funding them to gas and kill Iranians.

Fnvb0GZWYAgtjNx

Iran defended its land from secularism, tyranny, tribalism (Arabism) and westernisation, against the odds. The Arabs experienced humiliation because they started this, fought an unjust war, yet ended up eating each other with the help of the same allies that were once funding them to gas and kill Iranians.

Shut the hell up

Khomeini tried to export his revolution to Iraq, Iraq wanted this war to end in 1982. You dragged it on for 6 more years till you realized you were depleted of resources.

It could’ve ended in 82. It could’ve been prevented even. The shah shouldn’t have been overthrown, today you’re isolated.

Iran is already Arabized.

Shut the hell up

Khomeini tried to export his revolution to Iraq, Iraq wanted this war to end in 1982. You dragged it on for 6 more years till you realized you were depleted of resources.

It could’ve ended in 82. It could’ve been prevented even. The shah shouldn’t have been overthrown, today you’re isolated.

Tell us how Iran is "Arabized"

Shut the hell up

Khomeini tried to export his revolution to Iraq,

By having the 1979 Revolution serve as a model for emulation by others. Not through use of force or invasion like Saddam chose to do, which is illegal.

Iraq wanted this war to end in 1982. You dragged it on for 6 more years till you realized you were depleted of resources.

Ceasefire conditions offered by Saddam in 1982 were below standard norms and therefore unacceptable. In particular, the regime in Baghdad insisted that ceasefire terms should not acknowledge its aggression.

Even if it was true, it'd be devoid of impact on Iranian government policies and national self-identification.

Can anyone explain to me why some posters still hang on to one of the most irrelevant wars in the 20-century and note many wars took place in that century and this one specifically was one of the most irrelevant once and the most forgetable one and I am even surprised this war has 44 pages dedicated to it..

It is hard to mention a more irrelevant conflict then this one specifically and some Iranians even agree with me that this conflict was by far and large just irrelevant

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom