What's new

Fulbright award: Over 140 Pakistanis set to pursue higher education

I wonder what courses they were picked for, American studies, Agriculture management, German language studies :rofl:

Pakistan needs Chemistry and Physics graduates and many of them.

So you're not even immune from these imbeciles in the US? Hmm.......... an Island it is........ and by the way, I've recently added Deobandis to the 'justified' list as well (after REPEATED first hand experience - as the membrane between Wahabis and Deobandis has all but disappeared)......
:o: assay mat kaho babes, aap immune ho? issi liye kissi cheez ka assar nahi horaha :cray:

dil toot gaya baby ..........

I wonder what courses they were picked for, American studies, Agriculture management, German language studies :rofl:

Pakistan needs Chemistry and Physics graduates and many of them.
I was picked for flight dynamics and control this year so you are mistaken.

Also there are truly amazing stories in my cohort. There is a person who is blind with three masters degrees going for a PhD. There is a lot of true talent there, not 'bootlickers' as someone pointed out.

Education is learning of facts but the training of the mind to think. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone, so try to get Fulbright Scholarship Program, a post-graduate program fully funded by Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). Around four thousand students from one hundred and fifty-five countries worldwide get this excellent opportunity and get to live their dream of studying in U.S. universities and other institutions in Masters and Ph.D. programs.

Program Benefits

• International travel
  • Visa fees
  • Full tuition fees
  • Monthly stipend
  • Medical insurance
  • Incidental allowance
  • Allowance for books and course materials
  • Allowance for computer
For further details, you can visit The Fulbright Program.

Fulbright award: Over 140 Pakistanis set to pursue higher education
By APP
Published: June 13, 2015
902634-Graduates-1434173502-686-640x480.JPG

PHOTO: WASEEM NAZIR/EXPRESS

902634-Graduates-1434173502-686-160x120.JPG
902634-Graduationphoto-1434173195-195-160x120.gif
902634-scholarshipap-1434148460-240-160x120.jpg

ISLAMABAD:
Academic exchange programmes play an important role in strengthening people-to-people ties between the US and Pakistan, said US Embassy Deputy Chief of Mission Thomas Williams while addressing the pre-departure orientation of Pakistani Fulbright Student Programme recipients at a local hotel on Friday.

Congratulating the 147 Pakistani recipients, he said “Each one of you will become an ambassador of the rich culture and society that is Pakistan. You will be able to share your own unique experience and insights to make a difference in lives of people you meet and institutions of which you are a part, both in the US and upon your return to Pakistan,” he said.

The 2015 Fulbright cohort hails from 33 universities across Pakistan, with women representing 46 per cent of the group. For their studies in the US, the Fulbright participants will be attending 70 different universities in a wide variety of academic disciplines, including engineering, energy, management and social sciences.

“Since 2005, the Fulbright was received by 1,537 Pakistanis to study, teach, conduct research, exchange ideas, and contribute to finding solutions to shared international concerns,” he shared.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 13th, 2015.
And how many scholarships were given to Pakistani students by Pakistani govt?

Back
Top Bottom