What's new

Fukushima - the continuing saga

Didn't our Japanese member proudly pointed out to us about Japanese quality as one of the finest? What a let down their fixes must have been
What if it'd happened with your country then !?

Want to compare Japanese Shinkansen and Chinese HSR safe level !?

First of all, the nuclear incident because of the catastrophic tsunami that struck Japan in 2011. Where over 20,000 of my countrymen died.

I know some of you here like to troll and attack nations, but , seriously, have some compassion. Many innocent children, women, and elderly died in that natural calamity.

May their souls rest....

Not to get into pride fight b/w rival ...but i hv worked with Japanese ppl n they r the bst professionals i hv ever worked with .... the level of detailing & quality Japanese put into their work i hv not witnessed even in EU engineers

First of all, the nuclear incident because of the catastrophic tsunami that struck Japan in 2011. Where over 20,000 of my countrymen died.

I know some of you here like to troll and attack nations, but , seriously, have some compassion. Many innocent children, women, and elderly died in that natural calamity.

May their souls rest....
Sure they will. Japanese showed the World their strength, greatness, resilience, love, and the unity when they face with disaster.
We always respect your country for that.

Not to get into pride fight b/w rival ...but i hv worked with Japanese ppl n they r the bst professionals i hv ever worked with .... the level of detailing & quality Japanese put into their work i hv not witnessed even in EU engineers

I'm a Ph.D student in Industrial & Organizational Psychology, and one criterium of interest i have in my research is the comparison of western work ethic as to eastern work ethic, the case basis for my methodology is on Japanese employees in a a particular large Japanese - owned automobile maker (i'll give you a hint, this company makes 4runners, lol). But yea, one thing that i've noticed about American workers (i'm finishing my doctoral studies here in US), is that they lack the Kaizen work culture that is so ubiquitous in Japan. I do admire the individualistic pattern here in the US as compared to the strict collectivism focused in Japan. You make a very sound point @fjavaid .

In Japan, we focus on qualitative improvement. Quality > quantity. And in a business and professional level, this is imperative to efficiency in production and service diversification.

May their souls rest....

I don't think we made fun of Japanese people who have perished during this accident. I am more concern, as well as Americans and the world as this castrophe is worse than Chernobyl but your government is covering it up, making it like a minor accident.
The radiation have reached the North America pacific coast and tested fishes have radiation 200 times the norm in one report. That is what I am angry about. Japan government should have been more honest and seek world help instead of downplaying the accident.

Fukushima radiation hit B.C. earlier than expected - Nova Scotia - CBC News

Fish testing at 124 times over radiation limit caught off Fukushima — RT News

I don't think we made fun of Japanese people who have perished during this accident. I am more concern, as well as Americans and the world as this castrophe is worse than Chernobyl but your government is covering it up, making it like a minor accident.
The radiation have reached the North America pacific coast and tested fishes have radiation 200 times the norm in one report. That is what I am angry about. Japan government should have been more honest and seek world help instead of downplaying the accident.

Fukushima radiation hit B.C. earlier than expected - Nova Scotia - CBC News

Fish testing at 124 times over radiation limit caught off Fukushima — RT News

Thank you for your genuine concern. I , personally, believe that the government should definitely seek further evaluation and partnerships with international groups.

Japanese mentality only made things worse for everyone. Their pride and fear of losing face attitude prevented them asking for help in handling the critical situation at that time. It's a shame and too little too late now that the Pacific is full of irradiated fish.

Japanese mentality only made things worse for everyone. Their pride and fear of losing face attitude prevented them asking for help in handling the critical situation at that time. It's a shame and too little too late now that the Pacific is full of irradiated fish.

First and foremost, the nuclear facility was designed to survive earthquakes and even minor tsunamis, but not at the magnitude and awesome power that occurred in 2011. This is an example of assymetricity of natural phenomena. I am sure that despite such natural calamity, Japan will be capable of handling this situation to the best of its ability.

First and foremost, the nuclear facility was designed to survive earthquakes and even minor tsunamis, but not at the magnitude and awesome power that occurred in 2011. This is an example of assymetricity of natural phenomena. I am sure that despite such natural calamity, Japan will be capable of handling this situation to the best of its ability.

I just can't imagine another similar disaster strikes Japan again. A 2nd Fukushima class disaster and the Pacific might as well be doomed. Eating sushi is now gambling with your life

I just can't imagine another similar disaster strikes Japan again. A 2nd Fukushima class disaster and the Pacific might as well be doomed. Eating sushi is now gambling with your life

Any natural calamity is a travesty. The death of any innocent is a travesty. With any natural calamity -- there is always a positive -- new methodologies in disaster relief / operations will be calculated and implemented.

As for the sushi, think about this man, we only live once. Actually, each day you go out into the sun you are being bombarded by UV radiation, which causes thymine dimers in your dna, and directly causes tumorogenesis. But that does not stop us from going outside and enjoying the beauty of God's green earth ! Does it? Death is a natural part of life.Don't dwell on the negativities, but also take in the positives...

Good exchanging with you here, @terranMarine . See you around.

Back
Top Bottom