What's new

French foriegn legion?

Mercenary101

New Recruit

Reaction score
..ok i was thinking of joining the french foriegn legion because there "tougher than the rest" but i was also thinking of joining the pak army.... i seen the legions training and its is EXTERMELY TUFF most legionaires say its tuffer then almost any military in the world. how will it fair agiast pakistan?? VERY FEW get in. on around 30 out of hundereds get accepted. is the pak army training better and tuffer??
i will like to join a military group thats is tuffer than most out there. the legion is getting my attention...so do u guys think???

it seems to be, u wanna join just for show off so you can tell others that you have been involved in World's toughest training? Am i right?

Better to resperesent your own country PAKISTAN instead of French and also only if you are really intended to do something in future for our country regardless of training or show off.

No doubt FFL is reputed to be the roughest and toughest of the lot. However, because it is so tough, only those people who were running away from something, mostly the law sought to join it. Understand majority are Germans even though the language used is French.

Because of its reputation of being full of criminal element, few people boast of being part of the foreign legion. Suggest you apply for SAS. This is one regiment which is respected world wide as one of the best.

a legionairs would have acted, rather than be thinking about. :devil:

No doubt FFL is reputed to be the roughest and toughest of the lot. However, because it is so tough, only those people who were running away from something, mostly the law sought to join it. Understand majority are Germans even though the language used is French.

Because of its reputation of being full of criminal element, few people boast of being part of the foreign legion. Suggest you apply for SAS. This is one regiment which is respected world wide as one of the best.

i yea i understand the resons to join but do u think its tougher than pakistans military? the reason i ask this is because pakistan excepts the finest of people the legion just takes any person with good physical strength and want to live a new life

Last edited:
i wanted to join becuz of the challenge but since FFL is an elite group of the french army i wont compare it to our regular army how bout SSG SSGN etc... how will it fair against that?

i wanted to join becuz of the challenge but since FFL is an elite group of the french army i wont compare it to our regular army how bout SSG SSGN etc... how will it fair against that?

Seems to me that you are running after an ego you can not handle.

With that attitude you will not go anywhere.
If you were serious you would not be asking this in a forum but chasing up the relevant authorities.
:wave:

Actually that is no longer the case. The FFL has changed its rules about letting just anyone in. If you are a criminal running away from the law you are no longer eledigable. They do a throw background check now and if you are cought they hand you over to interpol.

But back on thrack what i suggest is join for the 5 year turm if you can handle it and then come back to Pakistan and join the Pak Army. you will be more then ready to handle anything and besids if you become a speciliest in the FFL then I am sure the Pak Army would want you. But then again this is only a suggestion.

Actually that is no longer the case. The FFL has changed its rules about letting just anyone in. If you are a criminal running away from the law you are no longer eledigable. They do a throw background check now and if you are cought they hand you over to interpol.

But back on thrack what i suggest is join for the 5 year turm if you can handle it and then come back to Pakistan and join the Pak Army. you will be more then ready to handle anything and besids if you become a speciliest in the FFL then I am sure the Pak Army would want you. But then again this is only a suggestion.

sounds good.. but i did not know pakistan excepts former military guys. but ok

fact is you wont survive especially what i see from your post.
its extremely tough you will be treated like a sub human for the whole training also you need to learn French because all commands and drills are in French.

fact is you wont survive especially what i see from your post.
its extremely tough you will be treated like a sub human for the whole training also you need to learn French because all commands and drills are in French.

ye i know that thnx
i speak french
and i know ill be treated like a "sub human"
lots of military professions involve that espcially my expericance in the JORTC junior marien program.

anyway...i know......
my uncle from Austria was a legionaire serve in indochina, and algeria and djibuti

Last edited:
ye i know that thnx
i speak french
and i know ill be treated like a "sub human"
lots of military professions involve that espcially my expericance in the JORTC junior marien program.

anyway...i know......
my uncle from Austria was a legionaire serve in indochina, and algeria and djibuti

Dude you should understand something. Joining the Legion is not just a regular "hard" unit. It is a complete lifestyle. And it is frankly very tough and brutal. You don't get to see family you don't get leave andthe only way to get abroad is to go to war or desert.

Mercenary101
You are still in high school and a US citizen.
It also sounds as if you have not got the full understanding via the JROCT program, be it USMC or Army.
It almost sounds as if you have not finished your 3 year commitment to the JROCT enlistment for one reason or the other. :tsk:

You have some misguided concept that being a mercenary is a glorified experience. It is not. It is a hired gun job and a fast one way street to your end. :agree:
The only people who gain from this Hollywood/Bollywood glorification are officers and high ranking NCOs, who have done their time, have huge amounts of experience and have little else in their life.

Since you are a US citizen go join the US Army or USMC. Then try for Rangers or something along those lines, assuming you even make boot camp.

You have trawled these forums asking about joining one service or the other. Try finishing high school first.

Keys:
Remember this one?
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Dude you should understand something. Joining the Legion is not just a regular "hard" unit. It is a complete lifestyle. And it is frankly very tough and brutal. You don't get to see family you don't get leave andthe only way to get abroad is to go to war or desert.

Although I agree the original poster needs to get his head screwed on straight, I feel it necessary to correct you assertion. Legionaries accrue leave, starting at 15 days a year and increasing up to 55. During this time they can go where they wish within France, including visiting their families. After rectification they can even leave the country.

Yes, the Legion is a rough unit, but times have changed, and honestly, we are talking about the French here... :azn:

To the OP. Finish High School, learn how to spell "Marine", and then start thinking about joining the military of your home country... A good drill instructor might just be able to knock some sense into your head. :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom