What's new

France Against ISIS: Rafale Aboard Aircraft Carrier Charles De Gaulle Target ISIS Stronghold In Iraq

Give them hell and send them straight to hell where they belong.

HMS ??? was always my favorite Royal Navy submarine:D. Right behind HMS Tallywacker of course.

Pretty hefty force the Russian Navy brought, and that map isn't up to date or even including special operations craft of PT boats, like this model photographed in Syria:

News_ruSyria1.jpg

Previously seen here being transported through the Bosporus:

Rus1.jpg

The reality is both sides are packing massive firepower.

Lol yes I know maggy, reason I said the map is an old one and not up to date. Each of those powers have increased their presence there considerably since then, as the Syrian war continues wth no end in sight. For example it's not just Russia who has special forces in the region, all the othe other 3 powers (U.S, U.K and France) also do,the map doesn't show that. Plus we now have a number of Typhoons fighters taking part there as well. etc. So the map is quite old.:D:

:o:

:cry:

Magelyn?

For example it's not just Russia who has special forces in the region, all the other other 3 powers (U.S, U.K and France) also do, the map doesn't show that.

True, true, but it's uncommon for Russia to mobilize that level, they don't do it as often as either the US, UK or France which exercise their military power during not only exercises, but also operationally.

And let's not forget that Russia also has forces in the Caspian and the US, UK and France in the Gulf and the Horn of Africa, which can launch long ranged attacks.

Dagestan-UKSK-Shot.jpg

A number of Russian missile have passed over Northern Iraq and Syria enrouted to their targets. Add the Americans, France and British ships near Africa and the Gulf, and holy crap is there a lot of firepower in the region right now!

LOL at both sides, Maddy! Are you as old as I am and still stuck in a Cold War logic?

:o: You calling me old:taz:!! I'm in my mid-twenties:P.

To young to know the Cold War through experience, rather I only know it from anecdotal evidence, second hand accounts and academic sources. I also know it never truly ended, it just died down for a few years.

Nice indeed, have a great evening, Tay.

How's Caesar's performance in the snow and high altitude? We're looking for a replacement for our M109s, and though we wanted the Swedish Archer, a collaboration fell through due to Sweden's inability to keep up with our deadline.

_Q7F9509%20foto%20luisesalte.t4f5c69a0.m800.xd10f4450.jpg

Caesar was actually pitted against Archer during a tender in 2008, but lost. I don't know why, but it seems it performs well in cold weather.

archer.t48f8542c.m800.xe74c4248.jpg

Rafale bombing ISIS in this beautiful documentary about the Charles de Gaulle during its previous campaign (2015-16).

Only in French and no subtitles so far but the video shows a lot of interesting stuff.

Back
Top Bottom