What's new

Four Indians among 15 dead as Taliban bombers attack Kabul

Right, ok then.

But aren't you already doing it?

Of course ISI agents roam in pubic markets and have women and children with them.

Did i read two Indian soldiers were amongst the casualties ?, keeping in mind this was some guest house and not the Indian mission, it goes to prove that it's not just the Indian civilians thronging Afghanistan but the military presence is well in evidence.
The soldiers were training the afghan soldiers in English

Here here at last the Indian Orange Media woke up to its usual business
Kabul attack was on the pattern of 26/11: sources

The terror attack in Kabul was on the pattern of the 26/11 Mumbai carnage, with six to eight terrorists targeting two hotels and hunting for victims during the strike in which nine Indians were killed and 10 others injured.

Investigators suspect involvement of the Taliban, particularly the Haqqani group, in league with elements of Lashkar-e Taiba in Friday's assault, sources said.

The attack was carried out in a coordinated manner with the terrorists first exploding bombs and then launching the armed assault, hunting for the targets, particularly the members of the Indian medical mission, a pattern seen in Mumbai during the 26/11 attack, sources added.

About six to eight terrorists are suspected to have been involved in the assault at around 6.30 am at the Park Residence Hotel and adjacent Noor guest house, where Indians on transit usually stay, the sources said.

Two or three of the attackers might have been killed in the gunfight with Afghan security forces, they said.

Two Major-rank officers of the army were among the six Indians killed and 10 others, including five army officers, were injured in the assault.
The terrorists targeted those Indians who were engaged in helping Afghan people and building partnership between the two countries, Indian Ambassador Jayant Prasad told PTI.

He said those targeted were earning goodwill for India by bringing the people of the two countries closer through their developmental efforts.

"It is the handiwork of enemies of Afghan people and friendship between people of India and Afghanistan," Prasad said and asserted that these attempts would not deter India from pursuing its goal of helping Afghanistan.

Taliban, at the behest of Pakistan's intelligence agency ISI, has been expressing opposition to India's developmental works in Afghanistan. They have been demanding that India should end its presence in Afghanistan.

The sources said the attack reflected a change of pattern by Taliban terrorists, as this time they went for the soft targets, unlike the protected installations and persons as in the past.

Yesterday's attack was the fourth on Indian interests in Afghanistan since July 2008 when a car laden with 100 kgs of explosives was blown up at the gate of Indian Embassy, killing 60 people, including four Indians -- a Brigadier-rank officer, a senior IFS officer and two ITBP personnel.

In October last year, terrorists struck again at the Embassy, carrying out a car bomb explosion near its outer wall and killing 17 people.

Subsequently, in December, a hotel housing staff of an Indian IT company was targeted. Eight people were killed and two IT executives, an Indian cook and a cleaner were among those injured.

Kabul attack was on the pattern of 26/11: sources- Hindustan Times

The soldiers were training the afghan soldiers in English

What to talk English or fight the English way ???????

I guess this is one of Indian achievements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any meaningful exchanges of ideas happening or is it like hate filled browny points being scored ?

It would have been great if all Indian origin people desist using this forum for some time to cool down the temper.

This might also have some effect on the PDF forum as there will hardly be any sparks flowing.

Or will it be good to start a thread like "I hate India : Reasons are the following .. ". Maybe that will give opportunity to members of the Pakistan to unload some of the mind's hatred. It can also be a forum where a few members from Pakistan community can possibly provide some saner views also. Hope this forum is mostly being used by educated people and mostly from urban areas. This would also provide an insight about the evolving mindset.

The Indian members may desist from intervening, however tempting is it. Let us see what the residual points of hatred towards India after the discussions amongst the members of Pakistan.

We can repeat it for all countries like India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and China

Can we do it ?

:smitten: & :cheers:

Is there any meaningful exchanges of ideas happening or is it like hate filled browny points being scored ?

It would have been great if all Indian origin people desist using this forum for some time to cool down the temper.

This might also have some effect on the PDF forum as there will hardly be any sparks flowing.

Or will it be good to start a thread like "I hate India : Reasons are the following .. ". Maybe that will give opportunity to members of the Pakistan to unload some of the mind's hatred. It can also be a forum where a few members from Pakistan community can possibly provide some saner views also. Hope this forum is mostly being used by educated people and mostly from urban areas. This would also provide an insight about the evolving mindset.

The Indian members may desist from intervening, however tempting is it. Let us see what the residual points of hatred towards India after the discussions amongst the members of Pakistan.

We can repeat it for all countries like India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and China

Can we do it ?

All the talk, claims and ideas by you are sweet music to the ears, but a person more often than not should look a little closer to home and may be some times even listen to him self, basically just like a person suffering from hearing problems, who usually resorts to talking at the top of his voice.! A retired Israeli Colonel and my former neighbour use to comment that if you lock a Jew and a Muslim in a room and leave them for an hour, they will indeed come to a conclusion of either joining hands or promising to stay out of the other's way, but if you do the same with an Indian and a Pakistani, within 15 minutes, they will be at each other's throat.!!!!
Amazed at the Colonel's observation, i pursued his judgement, he somewhat reluctantly disclosed that Indians always want to be assured of victory, but the Pakistanis will not be defeated.
Despite our problems of paramount proportions, but due to our beliefs in moral and ethic values and having a head over our shoulders, you will find there is a fine line which no Pakistani member will cross, here in this prestigious forum or any where else where we may inter act.
There are members including myself, who may loose their cool if pushed but let me assure you the Admins. and related staff are very efficient here in stamping out any nonsense. In contrast we don't even come close to what goes on across the border again in a public forum where the Admins, lead from the front, and like an apartheid, no Pakistani National is allowed to join there. We may not be the front runners in blowing any Sunshine, however we are neither at that destitute level of abnormality, hencewe let you be the best judge. Here is a little taste of your Country fellow's mind set. Regards.

Bharat Rakshak • View topic - Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP), Feb. 26, 2010

All the talk, claims and ideas by you are sweet music to the ears, but a person more often than not should look a little closer to home and may be some times even listen to him self, basically just like a person suffering from hearing problems, who usually resorts to talking at the top of his voice.! A retired Israeli Colonel and my former neighbour use to comment that if you lock a Jew and a Muslim in a room and leave them for an hour, they will indeed come to a conclusion of either joining hands or promising to stay out of the other's way, but if you do the same with an Indian and a Pakistani, within 15 minutes, they will be at each other's throat.!!!!
Amazed at the Colonel's observation, i pursued his judgement, he somewhat reluctantly disclosed that Indians always want to be assured of victory, but the Pakistanis will not be defeated.
Despite our problems of paramount proportions, but due to our beliefs in moral and ethic values and having a head over our shoulders, you will find there is a fine line which no Pakistani member will cross, here in this prestigious forum or any where else where we may inter act.
There are members including myself, who may loose their cool if pushed but let me assure you the Admins. and related staff are very efficient here in stamping out any nonsense. In contrast we don't even come close to what goes on across the border again in a public forum where the Admins, lead from the front, and like an apartheid, no Pakistani National is allowed to join there. We may not be the front runners in blowing any Sunshine, however we are neither at that destitute level of abnormality, hencewe let you be the best judge. Here is a little taste of your Country fellow's mind set. Regards.

Bharat Rakshak • View topic - Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP), Feb. 26, 2010

Dear Windjammer (!!!),

If it is sweet to the ears, let us thrive for it. It does not matter who says what in which forum. Where ever we are there, we should thrive to make it more meaningful. There will be positive and negative vives in all countries. Allowing the negative vibes majorly takes out meaningful discussions.

Going too much in the micro levels we miss out on the macro level damages. We need moderators who will help constructive ideas which should evolve into visions. These visions can be pushed to respective governments for implementation. May be step by step; may be slow but it might have some value. It might have some moral authority.

Let us create precedence of good practices and not follow bad practices of others.

Best wishes & love
:smitten:& :cheers:

Or will it be good to start a thread like "I hate India : Reasons are the following .. "

People from other South Asian dont like india not so much beacuse what indians say in this forum but indian govt and establishment has been doing againt Bangladesh, Pakistan, Srilanka, Nepal....

Resentments towards india are reaction to those long list of indian acts. These resentments will not go away uless root of the problem, indian actions don't get corrected.

Dear Idune,

That is precisely the reason for my suggestion. We need to know what the Government (supposed to be democratic and fiercely competitive politics, which includes religion, caste, region, etc) is doing on our back. That no political parties will notice and point out even if they are in power or in opposition. Want to know all the misdeeds of India for which the world has condemmed it time and again.

It might help our people, analysts, media and intelligencia (left, right and centre) debate and provide some external pressure to the Government.

But again no perceived allegations please. Come with verifiable proof of recent (last 10 years) abuse of the neighbours and defintely they will be taken up (if not done already).

Al Jazeera Report on how the target killings of Indians in Afghanistan is affecting their humanitarian work

Al Jazeera is well known for its independent reporting and this shows how a perceived Pakistani involvement by the Afghans could result in even greater blowback to Pakistan.

An article quoting the Afghan intellegeince spokesperson that LeT was involved is here
Afghanistan blames LT for Kabul suicide attacks - Daily Times

Afghan intelligence ties Pakistani group Lashkar-i-Taiba to recent Kabul attack

Last edited by a moderator:
Al Jazeera Report on how the target killings of Indians in Afghanistan is affecting their humanitarian work

YouTube - Kabul hospital crippled after blast

Al Jazeera is well known for its independent reporting and this shows how a perceived Pakistani involvement by the Afghans could result in even greater blowback to Pakistan.

An article quoting the Afghan intellegeince spokesperson that LeT was involved is here
Afghanistan blames LT for Kabul suicide attacks - Daily Times

Afghan intelligence ties Pakistani group Lashkar-i-Taiba to recent Kabul attack

Well I guess Karzai and his clowns are learning well from their Indian masters on where and who to blame. :tdown:

Well I wonder who will that clown blame now when 7 Pakistanis got killed today in Kandahar??

yes, the 7 construction workers.

May they rest in peace, may their families be comforted.

I think Afghans are hoping for a strong leader that can unite the country and take it forward. Karzai has, thus far, failed to do so. His credibility and writ amongst the Afghans is close to none --though it is not my job or capacity to speak on behalf of all Afghans. I am basing it on surveys and other articles I have read.

his brother is a drug baron for God's sakes

Back
Top Bottom