What's new

Forty-eight dead, 150 injured in Karachi's Shia area bomb attack

janon

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Two explosions heard in Karachi | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

KARACHI Two explosions have been heard near Karachi’s Abul Hassan Isphahani Road, DawnNews reported.

At least three people have been killed and 25 others have been injured as a result.

A cloud of smoke has been witnessed from the site of the incident.

The explosion happened in Abbas Town, outside a mosque. Electricity in the area has disappeared, reports said.

Windows in the area have also been shattered.

Initial reports suggest that a motorcycle has been destroyed as a result of the explosion.

Governor Sindh Ishratul Ibad has taken notice notice of the explosions.

Purely sectarian in nature.. or rather intended to incite sectarian violence.. as the location is near a concentration of Ahle-Tashi sect. What is more shocking.. almost as if contrived.. is that there is no presence of law enforcement.. No Police.. No nothing.. an HOUR after the explosions.
If that gesture will not incite sectarian divide .. i dont know what will.

Purely sectarian in nature.. or rather intended to incite sectarian violence.. as the location is near a concentration of Ahle-Tashi sect. What is more shocking.. almost as if contrived.. is that there is no presence of law enforcement.. No Police.. No nothing.. an HOUR after the explosions.
First blast happened in motorcycle and 2nd was Gas cylinder blast , Abul hassan Asfahani road is a Sunni majority region , Its on university road . More Sunnis live their as compare to Ahle-Tashi .

inna lilahe wainna ilaihe rajiun

right, i hope you also know how many shias died? or is it if one shia got hurt as a result and 5 sunnis died, still a sectarian attack?

RIP to the poor souls who lost their lives.

oscar who is it that law and order has deteriorated to such an extent in Karachi ? why is it that the people do not hold the local govt and police accountable? i ask as i do not know about the situation there.

RIP to the dead.

RM said this about these types of attacks may happen in Karachi in February.

Any channel showing it ?

First blast happened in motorcycle and 2nd was Gas cylinder blast , Abul hassan Asfahani road is a Sunni majority region , Its on university road . More Sunnis live their as compare to Ahle-Tashi .

inna lilahe wainna ilaihe rajiun

right, i hope you also know how many shias died? or is it if one shia got hurt as a result and 5 sunnis died, still a sectarian attack?

As it would be prudent for you to look at the news reports.. live .. coming on something known as television.. the attack was aimed at an Imam Bargah.. the majority screaming for blood are from the Shia sect..
Its not about who died(or you suggesting a sectarian look Sunni>Shia or vice versa)..
its about the message that the attack was supposed to send.. and the law and order response delay.

RIP to the poor souls who lost their lives.

oscar who is it that law and order has deteriorated to such an extent in Karachi ? why is it that the people do not hold the local govt and police accountable? i ask as i do not know about the situation there.

Law and Order was always bad in Karachi.. millions cooped up in a concentrated area..
no way to know who is living there.. who is not.. it is the ideal place to hide a terrorist.. since unlike a small town where people do tend to know or at least are curious who their neighbors are.. Karachites are least bothered about it..since the day is more about the 9-5, then a family food outing..and sleep.. and so on it goes.

As it would be prudent for you to look at the news reports.. live .. coming on something known as television.. the attack was at an Imam Bargah.. the majority screaming for blood are from the Shia sect..
Its not about who died(or you suggesting a sectarian look Sunni>Shia or vice versa)..
its about the message that the attack was supposed to send.. and the law and order response delay.
Sir you mentioned the Ahle-Tashi terminology first , and many members of this forum itself are of sectarian nature .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom