What's new

Former DG ISPR LT General Asif Ghafoor appointed Corps Commander Quetta | 2022 .

My personal fav Gen all thanks to his performance as a DG ISPR.

I would however, Like to give you a polite reminder Asif Saheb, Allah ko bhi jawab dena hai !

Your leader needs some courageous fellow officers to remind him of Akhirah !

Lt Gen Asif Ghafoor appointed Corps Commander Quetta

BR

62eac3e63ae6c.jpg

Lieutenant General Asif Ghafoor has been appointed as Commander 12 Corps, Quetta, replacing Lt Gen Sarfaraz Ali who recently embraced martyrdom in the tragic helicopter crash, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Wednesday.

Lt Gen Ghafoor was currently serving as the General Officer Commanding Okara. He previously served as the DG ISPR from 2016 to 2020.

He was promoted to the rank of lieutenant general in November last year.

If you would have said to anyone about 20 years back (or even 10 maybe) that two DG ISPR's would go on and become Corps Commander of XII Corps, you would have probably been laughed at.

What a radical transofrmation for ISPR.

But congratulations to the general...didn't always agree with his way of managing ISPR, but cannot say he didn't deserve this.

If you would have said to anyone about 20 years back (or even 10 maybe) that two DG ISPR's would go on and become Corps Commander of XII Corps, you would have probably been laughed at.

But congratulations to the general...didn't always agree with his way of managing ISPR, but cannot say he didn't deserve this.
I don't know how much you follow Indian media but starting from Asim Bajwa and specially under Asif Ghafoor, I have seen how he took ISPR to whole new level. In fact he took it to such heights that for first time Indians remembered ISPR more then ISI. They were more pissed off on ISPR then ISI. That it self is massive achievement.

5th generation warfare; psych ops were a good part of the events of 2019, and ISPR took the lead in that operation. Perhaps their Finest Hour.

Last edited:

Former DG ISPR and three-star rank Lt Gen Asif Ghafoor has been appointed as new Quetta Corps Commander, Pakistan Armed Forces media wing said in a press release.​

He has replaced Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali who embraced martyrdom in a helicopter crash incident in Lasbella Balochistan due to bad weather.

Who is Asif Ghafoor?​

Asif Ghafoor graduated from National Defence University in Islamabad, Command and Staff College in Quetta, and the Command and Staff College in Bandung, Indonesia.

In December 2016, he was appointed as the new director general (DG) for Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the media wing of the Pakistan Armed forces.

He was then commanding a division in Swat and later replaced Lt Gen Asim Bajwa as DG ISPR.

Lt Gen Bajwa was posted as Inspector General of Arms at GHQ. Maj Gen Ghafoor was a part of the artillery regiment.

He has a vast experience in operations and has commanded a unit in Operation Al-Mizan.

He has also served in the military operations directorate and remained involved in the finalisation of the National Action Plan (NAP).

In his last tweet from his personal Twitter handle at the position of DG ISPR, Major Asif Ghafoor wrote: “‏Thanks for your love & support. Stay strong, continue doing your bit for Pakistan. Stay blessed.”

He was appointed as the General Officer Commanding 40 Division in Okara in January 2020 and was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant General in November of the same year.

He was serving as Inspector General Communications and Information Technology at the time of his appointment as Corps Commander Quetta.

Source: https://www.tribunewired.com/2022/08/03/lt-gen-asif-ghafoor-appointed-corps-commander-quetta/

dont tell me, show me. kay army chief army say bara nahi, kay army pakistan say bari nahi.
talk is cheap.
walk the walk.
well most people like this guy, but they will be disappointed again most likely!
heard he wrote a thesis on how to improve relations between Pakistan army and USA, don't know if its credible or not. But assuming its credible, a US army drone base here we go!

Very popular General. InshaAllah he will do a great job.

Back
Top Bottom