What's new

Former ambassador & presidential hopeful reveals U.S. plan to destory China

Nomenclature

Reaction score
Former U.S. ambassador to China and Republican presidential hopeful Jon Huntsman had revealed the plan to destroy Chinese economy by inciting internet opposition in a Republican presidential debate on CBS:

Major Garrett: Governor Huntsman, Governor Romney just said we're in the middle of a war that's-- we're not even declared or we're not even aware of. And Governor Perry said China will end up on the ash heap of history. You've been in China. You were the ambassador for our nation there under President Obama. What's your reaction?

Jon Huntsman: Well, the re-- reality's a little different as it usually is when you're on the ground. And I've tried to figure this out for 30 years of my career. First of all, I don't think, Mitt, you can take-- China to the W.T.O. on currency-related issues. Second, I-- I don't know that this country needs a trade war with China. Who does it hurt? Our small businesses in South Carolina, our exporters-- our agriculture producers.

We don't need that at a time when China is about to embark on a generational position. So what should we be doing? We should be reaching out to our allies and constituencies within China. They're called the young people. They're called the internet generation. There are 500 million internet users in China.

Scott Pelley: And Governor, we're going to have to--

Jon Huntsman: And 80 million bloggers. And they are bringing about change, the likes of which is gonna take China down.

Scott Pelley: We're gonna have to leave it there, Governor.

Jon Huntsman: While we have an opportunity to go up and win back our economic--

Scott Pelley: Governor--

Jon Huntsman: --manufacturing muscles. That's all I wanna do as president.

Scott Pelley: That's time. I thank you very much.

CBS News/NJ debate transcript, part 1 - CBS News

Of course people may say that's Jon Huntsman's own idea. But judging by the fact he was the U.S. Ambassador to China until early this year and Ms Clinton's angry reaction to Chinese government's efforts to clamp down online rumors, it's highly likely that inciting online oppositions in order to destroy China is in fact an official U.S. policy.

Chinese people should thank Mr Huntsman, his presence in Wangfujing earlier this year exposed the American hand in the so-called "Jasmine revolution" in China, and he just let go another U.S. master plan in a presidential debate for a primary race he has no chance of winning.

10-20 years ago,there was a prevalent pro America sentiment among Chinese youth,but look at now,anti America sentiment is getting upper hand,thanks for US foreign policy.

10-20 years ago,there was a prevalent pro America sentiment among Chinese youth,but look at now,anti America sentiment is getting upper hand,thanks for US foreign policy.

I'm not sure about that. The decline of pro-American sentiment in China in the last 10 years was mostly U.S's own doing, i.e. the bombing of Chinese embassy in 1999. The younger generation without memories of the embassy bombing is different. America is a far richer country than China and let's face it, poor people love rich celebrities.

I'm not sure about that. The decline of pro-American sentiment in China in the last 10 years was mostly U.S's own doing, i.e. the bombing of Chinese embassy in 1999. The younger generation without memories of the embassy bombing is different. America is a far richer country than China and let's face it, poor people love rich celebrities.

You are wrong. We poor Pakistanis hate the US. We won't live with evils.

Back
Top Bottom