What's new

"Forced to hang my head in shame": Former Navy chief writes open letter to President Mukherjee, PM M

hang your head too deep and this sword might come down on your neck

111578.jpg

Those who feel agitated selectively n incline to take the side of green bigots often in the matters of inter religious rifts .....

There are no sides, there is right and then there is wrong. The problem are the people who think there are "sides" to begin with.

Last edited:
yes I did missed it.
I do not read such articles in great details.
I read it in great pain not becoz of the victim is Hindu but to highlight the impotency n perversion level of mainstream media not to cover such horrific tales....

There are no sides, there is right and then there is wrong. The problem are the people who there are "sides" to begin with.
So I can't bracket all in "Wrong" but the selective outrage is certainly find its place in English terms " Bigotry" ....

So I can't bracket all in "Wrong" but the selective outrage is certainly find its place in English terms " Bigotry" ....

Not sure about that but then my English was always the weakest link.

My friend - Selective outrage is no crime. You can't force anyone to take umbrage at each and every social ill or injustice. People have and always will speak for their pet causes.

I might find proliferation of starving, dying cows on Streets a huge nuisance and appeal to the govt to euthanize them in absence of conscientious Hindus who would spend their time and money to care for the said cows. That could be my pet cause.

or

I might make Govt implementation of Uniform Civil Code my cause.

or

I might find shamelessness of Modi who utilized the riots to win elections worthy medium for my outrage..

The point is we all have our causes, don't force yours on everyone.

Not sure about that but then my English was always the weakest link.

My friend - Selective outrage is no crime. You can't force anyone to take umbrage at each and every social ill or injustice. People have and always will speak for their pet causes.

I might find proliferation of starving, dying cows on Streets a huge nuisance and appeal to the govt to euthanize them in absence of conscientious Hindus who would spend their time and money to care for the said cows. That could be my pet cause.

or

I might make Govt implementation of Uniform Civil Code my cause.

or

I might find shamelessness of Modi who utilized the riots to win elections worthy medium for my outrage..

The point is we all have our causes, don't force yours on everyone.
Sure ..... We'll be sure to quote this on appropriate threads. ;)

I read it in great pain not becoz of the victim is Hindu but to highlight the impotency n perversion level of mainstream media not to cover such horrific tales....

We are on our own.... either that or "Yazidification" will follow.

The media will make the wolf crying sheep thing a reality.

Major reason why media will actually filter the best out and leave the nation up to the worst.

There's no escape here for central govt. You are damned any which way even if law & order is state subject...& in most cases incidents could be manufactured by vested interests to present a picture of intolerance & insecurity. Now that they have tasted blood...this could only get worse before it gets better.

Agreed. and that's what am worried about, as its seems like that's where it is headed now. I was reading ToI today and there was anoher article on the front page - 'Dalit man commited suicide blaamig cops'.. now wha I dont understand is.. why the heck are they even using the word ' Dalit'?

You mean to say Democracy can be without Free Speech???

And "Free Speech" is sole prerogative of ELATE CLASS OF SOME BLACK EUROPEANS???? Who any time can give negative marking or facilitate Ban on some remarks which they consider blasphemy .

Yes. No. Yes.

The media will make the wolf crying sheep thing a reality.

Major reason why media will actually filter the best out and leave the nation up to the worst.

Purely in a pedagogical spirit, what is "the wolf crying sheep thing"?
"Crying wolf too often" is one thing.
"Wolf in sheep's clothing" is another thing.
Have they recently met, mated and formed "the wolf crying sheep"?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom